Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atliens81

i about died laughing when i heard dan's "secret"

ok... the secret is that we use LOTS of 2.5% bp? bwahahahahaha! are you serious man? thats the secret regimen dan? wtf do you think i did when i was a 16 yr old kid putting that shit on? who the hell really listens to the package and puts a "pea size amount on". NO ONE. i used to put that shit on a bottle at a time lol. so ok chief ive been putting on that much differin and retin a micro for the past year for gods sake and bp is supposed to do it? i cant believe what im reading. i go through a tube of retin a micro and differin gel every 15 days and im not the slightest bit dry or peeling. moisturize my ass dan. listen if i can put on 2-4 times the recommended daily dose of highly potent prescription medications with out drying or redness occuring im pretty sure i can handle a little bp. his regimen is so friggin bogus and those before and after pictures are bs too. those people had severe acne and BP does not make severe acne disapear. listen dan... ive taken every prescription in existance practically and 4 rounds of accutane and my face is still tore up... if you think your getting another $30 out of me a month for some effing benzyl peroxide you must be insane dude. you mustve been eating that shit or something and hallucinated up this regimen of yours. i also think an assload of these people posting their success stories in this board are employees of dans company cuz everyone here who really has bad acne knows damn well that LOTS of bp is not gonna do what 4 rounds of accutane couldnt do. lmfao

some of us dont have the luxury of screwing around with putting "LOTS" of clearasil on our shit. some of us have REAL acne and are to busy trying to maintain to mess around with this retarded regimen.

thats my rant... and i probably just sound over the top and bitter right now... but i still think this particular board is full of planted posters and that regimen is BS and im sticking to it.

WOW that was condescending! If you hate Dans regimen so much, why are you a member of his site :rolleyes:

you indeed sir are a moron yourself. dan has this site for the soul purpose of helping other people with acne problems. so quit your bitching and get out

First off, who said this was all a "secret"? Dan's a good guy.. he's just giving advice for what worked for him.

Also, why would those regimen pictures be fake? Take a look at their profiles... they are real people with real posts. He's not getting any money out of you.... if a person wants to try the regimen out, you don't even have to use his products. I used a regular drugstore cleanser and BP when I was on the regimen and had great success.

those people had severe acne and BP does not make severe acne disapear.

Dan never made this claim. He stated that the Regimen would do wonders for mild to moderate acne, but would suggest other methods for severe cases.

From the main site, Acne explained -> Types of acne

There are many variations of acne, ranging in severity from mild to severely disfiguring. The Regimen works well to combat moderate to light acne. Severe acne may require more aggressive treatment. Visit the Types of acne message boards to seek further help from other members.

ok... the secret is that we use LOTS of 2.5% bp? bwahahahahaha! are you serious man? thats the secret regimen dan? wtf do you think i did when i was a 16 yr old kid putting that shit on? who the hell really listens to the package and puts a "pea size amount on". NO ONE. i used to put that shit on a bottle at a time lol. so ok chief ive been putting on that much differin and retin a micro for the past year for gods sake and bp is supposed to do it? i cant believe what im reading. i go through a tube of retin a micro and differin gel every 15 days and im not the slightest bit dry or peeling. moisturize my ass dan. listen if i can put on 2-4 times the recommended daily dose of highly potent prescription medications with out drying or redness occuring im pretty sure i can handle a little bp. his regimen is so friggin bogus and those before and after pictures are bs too. those people had severe acne and BP does not make severe acne disapear. listen dan... ive taken every prescription in existance practically and 4 rounds of accutane and my face is still tore up... if you think your getting another $30 out of me a month for some effing benzyl peroxide you must be insane dude. you mustve been eating that shit or something and hallucinated up this regimen of yours. i also think an assload of these people posting their success stories in this board are employees of dans company cuz everyone here who really has bad acne knows damn well that LOTS of bp is not gonna do what 4 rounds of accutane couldnt do. lmfao

some of us dont have the luxury of screwing around with putting "LOTS" of clearasil on our shit. some of us have REAL acne and are to busy trying to maintain to mess around with this retarded regimen.

thats my rant... and i probably just sound over the top and bitter right now... but i still think this particular board is full of planted posters and that regimen is BS and im sticking to it.

I'm sorry that you are still struggling with your acne. But, that does not give you cause to make such nasty, unfounded remarks - those go far beyond stating your opinion. Why attempt to pass judgment and flame someone you don't even know? I guess you think its safe to throw out any rude comments you want to, when you are protected by the anonimity of the internet.

Although I am not on Dan's regimen, I do know that it has worked for many people with mild to moderate inflamed acne. And people are not "plants" here as you suggest - that is simply ridiculous. This site has not only provided many people with a regimen that has helped them get their acne under control, it has also provide free access to people on all sort of acne treament advice. This board is an amazing source of information on acne and acne treatments. Dan has brought in professionals who specialize in treating acne, and their advice and help is also here for you - free of charge.

I'm sorry that you are still struggling with your acne. But, that does not give you cause to make such nasty, unfounded remarks - those go far beyond stating your opinion. Why attempt to pass judgment and flame someone you don't even know? I guess you think its safe to throw out any rude comments you want to, when you are protected by the anonimity of the internet.

Although I am not on Dan's regimen, I do know that it has worked for many people with mild to moderate inflamed acne. And people are not "plants" here as you suggest - that is simply ridiculous. This site has not only provided many people with a regimen that has helped them get their acne under control, it has also provide free access to people on all sort of acne treament advice. This board is an amazing source of information on acne and acne treatments. Dan has brought in professionals who specialize in treating acne, and their advice and help is also here for you - free of charge.

I've only been here a day, and already I can clearly see that Dan is not promoting this website to sell his product.

In fact, he suggests ALTERNATIVES to his products that you can get at your local drugstore. If he really wanted your cash, why would he do that?

Maybe all your negativity is causing your acne? Just a thought :whistle:

Actually Dan only made the larger tubes of BP because all the pharma companies such as Neutrogena, etc., refused to make large tubes (he petitioned them mercilessly. :)) This website has been around a lot longer than Dan's products.

Ive been on and off this site for 2 years.

I was on here before dan even started selling a darn thing. He gave a list of items you could get at any store and STILL does as an alternative to his stuff. OTHER acne sites that are greedily trying to sell there products usualy talk down other over the counter OR even perscription drug treatment, DAN sets up galleries and threads for people using those treatment to talk about there experiences on here.

- Ive watched some of these people in the photo gallery as they went through the process of month to get to the before and after picture then was happy when I saw they let dan post there stories as a part of the site.

You need to CHILL and quit being a know it all. You sound like one of those people that is way too entertained by talking smack on a FORUM. Im sorry you've had such issues with your acne an maybe and I hope you find a better way to deal with it emotionally.

Agreed. If Dan were really out to simply make money, then he would not spend the money nor the time in order to keep a website with more forums dedicated to regimens and treatments OUTSIDE of his own products than not. Go to a Pro-Activ website and see how many forums they have for alternative treatments.

And yes, DKR does NOT work for everyone, kind of like how no one thing works for everyone. If it only took one approach to cure acne, would we be here, having this discussion?

And if I am an employee of Dan's, I'm going to sue, because I haven't seen a dime from him yet! :lol:

Agreed. If Dan were really out to simply make money, then he would not spend the money nor the time in order to keep a website with more forums dedicated to regimens and treatments OUTSIDE of his own products than not. Go to a Pro-Activ website and see how many forums they have for alternative treatments.

And yes, DKR does NOT work for everyone, kind of like how no one thing works for everyone. If it only took one approach to cure acne, would we be here, having this discussion?

And if I am an employee of Dan's, I'm going to sue, because I haven't seen a dime from him yet! :lol:

i think the only way u cud speak like dat is if u had clear skin nigga so u best shut dat mouf nigga all u do is talk nigga rune up square up or shut dsa fuc up nigga fo i blast thru ya dome leave a hollow tip through ya skull all respect to my nigga dan i was pissed a wyle ago but now my skin doin much better i got love for my nigga dan

I wanted to also add that not only are his bottles bigger, but the fact that it is a gel is amazing and actually helps me stay clearer than with any other BP. Not to mention his soap is actually ten times easier on my face than any other soap I've used in my life, and works perfect with the BP. Even though he makes money, he certainly did it the right way. I'm a customer until I'm clear forever, thanks for taking my money Dan, I appreciate it, seriously!

i wasnt aware that i was trying to "win" anything in the first place. the fact is dan started this website so that he could further promote and SELL his products. anyone who doesnt understand that fact is a really naive to say the least. sure its a nice forum to come and talk to other people who share the same problem... but make no mistake about it... dan is making lots and lots of money off of people by selling them the same shit thats been on the market for 100 years by simply saying... "uhh lets try using more of it".

I've never had as good of skin as I do right now on Dan's BP and Sudacrem and would pay twice as much for the products. If you read the website Dan indicates that On-The-Spot works fine as well, someone using this site for monetary gain would not mention other products. Sorry your skin isnt clear and you cant really control that but you can control your outlook and the way you treat people. Without this site I would still be miserable so why not just accept that it has helped many people and move on? Best of luck in finding your own solution but this is a community of people trying to help each other and if you browse the forums enough theres a good chance you can find something that works for you

yeah, the reg really isn't that great or revolutionary, but it does work for a lot of people. why was that post necessary?

Dan never made this claim. He stated that the Regimen would do wonders for mild to moderate acne, but would suggest other methods for severe cases.

From the main site, Acne explained -> Types of acne

There are many variations of acne, ranging in severity from mild to severely disfiguring. The Regimen works well to combat moderate to light acne. Severe acne may require more aggressive treatment. Visit the Types of acne message boards to seek further help from other members.

You lose.

Just to say I don't use Dan's products but other brands so Dan isn't making any money from me! However the regime has worked for me I am extremely grateful. My life is so much better now my face is almost completely clear. I can't recommend it enough although I understand it might not work for everybody. Good luck with your search but I can assure you I'm not a bogus poster!!!

Acne.org was around for about 6 years before I started selling anything. And I tried very hard to get someone else to make us the products because I knew people would question my motives. But I tried for about two years to lobby companies with no success. I read books on "how to talk to the right person" at a company and the books actually worked. I talked to new product development leads at huge corporations and they were always like, "Wow, this is great. We'll look into it and get back to you." After a couple of years of hearing that but nothing happening it became obvious that no one was going to make a huge BP for cheap. Why would they if they can make so much on smaller tubes that people have to order so much more often? So I decided to bite the bullet and make it myself.

Regarding the "secret" of the regimen, it's definitely not a secret. In fact, I want the world to know about it. Please, tell anyone. And yeah, it seems so crazy simple, and um, it is, but that's what is so maddening to me. It's like, "why didn't someone tell me this!?" So that's what I've been doing now for 10 years--telling people to use more 2.5% BP because it's insanely simple and works incredibly well.

who the hell really listens to the package and puts a "pea size amount on". NO ONE. i used to put that shit on a bottle at a time lol. so ok chief ive been putting on that much differin and retin a micro for the past year for gods sake