Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 days post tane,

Skin looking better, redness is slowly goin away. Still have a spot on my jawline, it's goin away tho and that one on my belly is starting to go away aswel. My lips are not as dry as they were and don't need to use vasaline that much...just twice a day. So overall things are going well post-tane so far...touch wood.

Nick

day 180 last day!!!!!

glad to hear you're doing well...yay!!!

nothing new with me...just continue to dry out....im so happy to be done this today....wow, cant believe it!!

touch wood is right!! i think we'll keep our fingers crossed for ever now...

hope everyone had a nice xmas...keep in touch

tammy

finished course yesterday...it was kinda strange to not have to take my pills this morning....now we'll just have to wait and see what happens....

how long till the dryness goes away i wonder?

hey tammy,

Hope you have a good x-mas. WOOO...uv finished aswel! feels strange not taking any meds does it after half a year of taking them. I'm sure you will be fine. I have been off a week now and have noticed some improvment in the texture of my skin and it is starting to look more natural and redness has gone away alittle. My lips and face still feels dry but i think it hasn't been as bad the last 2 days. I heard it takes two+ weeks for the dry lips to go and you skin doesn't stay that dry...wonder why the spots don't come back? I'm thinking that abit of oil will do my skin some good and take away the redness which is prolly caused by dryness. Still have that spot on my jawline but it is small so it's all good!

Take care,

Nick

finished course yesterday...it was kinda strange to not have to take my pills this morning....now we'll just have to wait and see what happens....

how long till the dryness goes away i wonder?

hey, tammy. do you have any problem with clogged pores on your nose? i am in month 7, 40 mg, and if i stretch the skin on my nose, i can see white stuff. if i press it, it squiggles out. sorry so graphic, but i am wondering if this is something others have dealt with, or is it just me.

congrats on finishing your course!!!

hey thanks flossy!!! its been two days off and nothings changed....

i find my nose was the worst for blackheads, and i still find them unclogging.....it does sound gross cause if you look up close you see white stuff from the pores....yuck!!

how many months are you doing? good luck with your course....i dont regret one day of this..i wish i would have done it sooner

hey tammy,

Hope you have a good x-mas. WOOO...uv finished aswel! feels strange not taking any meds does it after half a year of taking them. I'm sure you will be fine. I have been off a week now and have noticed some improvment in the texture of my skin and it is starting to look more natural and redness has gone away alittle. My lips and face still feels dry but i think it hasn't been as bad the last 2 days. I heard it takes two+ weeks for the dry lips to go and you skin doesn't stay that dry...wonder why the spots don't come back? I'm thinking that abit of oil will do my skin some good and take away the redness which is prolly caused by dryness. Still have that spot on my jawline but it is small so it's all good!

Take care,

Nick

hey nick, xmas was ok...just another day to me....haha

i think my lips are drier now than before...this is the one side effect i wish would just go away....

i have one spot on my face, but i picked at it!! i no, im bad...

do you have white heads under the skin? i have a few, but the derm said they will work their way out...my god its been 6 months, i dont think they will

you've been off a week now eh...keep me posted on your progress...

talk soon

hey,

That spot on my jawline has got abit bigger and redder. Shaving over it doesn't help :). One small red lump has appeared on my neck aswel...it's soo small tho. Just hope it doesn't keep adding.

Nick

its been exactly one week since i stopped accutane...kncok on wood, so far so good.....my skin isnt as dry as it was...especially on my arms and wrists....

no new spots or anything....keep fingers crossed

its been exactly one week since i stopped accutane...kncok on wood, so far so good.....my skin isnt as dry as it was...especially on my arms and wrists....

no new spots or anything....keep fingers crossed

Hey tammy,

Thx for the link. A few spots have come out on my jawline and had one on my cheek aswel :( They have almost gone now tho. My skin doesn't feel as dry as before and prolly don't even need to use vasaline for my lips. The redness has subsided more recently except today because i had a heavy session last night lol. Accutane certainly lowers your drinking limit. It took me 3x more alcohol to have the same effect. How was your x-mas? I really hope my skin doesn't get worse and worse because atm i am happy with it.

take care

nick

hey there...im glad the link worked...took me a bit to figure it out..

so far so good...i have one spot on my face, but it was from me picking at it...my bad i know

i still have whiteheads too....now the derm told me that they would go away, but theyre not.....and to be honest, they were there the whole 6 months on accutane, and they never went away, i had 2 drinks for new years, and that was all i could take.....ive managed to pick up a bit of a stomach bug...at first i thought it was from the drinks i had, but this has been now 4 days..

dryness is slowly going away...not so much on my arms now...face still a bit dry and i cant wait for the texture to smooth out...

no new actives so im good...im happy so far..

keep me posted nick

hey there...im glad the link worked...took me a bit to figure it out..

so far so good...i have one spot on my face, but it was from me picking at it...my bad i know

i still have whiteheads too....now the derm told me that they would go away, but theyre not.....and to be honest, they were there the whole 6 months on accutane, and they never went away, i had 2 drinks for new years, and that was all i could take.....ive managed to pick up a bit of a stomach bug...at first i thought it was from the drinks i had, but this has been now 4 days..

dryness is slowly going away...not so much on my arms now...face still a bit dry and i cant wait for the texture to smooth out...

no new actives so im good...im happy so far..

keep me posted nick

hey,

i posted yesterday but not sure its working :(

Basically i have the worst sore throat ever. think it's tonsillitus..however you spell that. Its getting beter now. My skin is looking good, actives have gone now and just a few little red marks. My face looks red at certain times of the day and at others it lookes pale...bit strange...the redness has faded on average tho.

How is your skin looking tammy? hope your doing well,

Take care

Nick

hey nick..my skin is looking pretty good, dryness is almost gone now...i just wish the whiteheads would go away... other than that, ok

i have a sore throat too... ive actually felt like crap since coming off this medication...how strange is that?

take care

tammy

hey nick..my skin is looking pretty good, dryness is almost gone now...i just wish the whiteheads would go away... other than that, ok

i have a sore throat too... ive actually felt like crap since coming off this medication...how strange is that?

take care

tammy

Hey Tammy,

Skin is looking good today. Just 2-3 small red razor bumps on my jawline but hardly even noticeble. I heard that accutane affects your immune system and is less responsive, maybe the reason we are getting sick so easily. Just hope my immune system picks up to where it was before accutane. I have only been sick twice in my life b4 tane: chicken pocks and heat stroke, i had never had a cold/sore throat in my life! lucky or what? but on accutane i was getting some kind of sickness every 2 weeks. I take clear skin over sickness anyday tho. Glad your doing well and hope you get better!

Take care tammy,

Nick

hey nick...i have nothing new to report really.. acouple spots come up but never amounted to anything...im real happy...question for you..how do you get rid of whiteheads? this is whats bugging me the most...facial maybe?

talk soon

glad to hear your happy!!

hey nick...i have nothing new to report really.. acouple spots come up but never amounted to anything...im real happy...question for you..how do you get rid of whiteheads? this is whats bugging me the most...facial maybe?

talk soon

glad to hear your happy!!

Hey Tammy,

I don't know how to get rid of whiteheads. Back at uni now and quite few little spots have cropped up on my face, prolly about 6 :(. Is this it now? is my acne just goin to get progressively worse? i will be devestated if it does. Just hope that it is stress related and goes away as i settle back at uni. My face s still red compared to the rest of my body and blush really easily and go super bright red when i'm at the gym lol. All i can do is wait to see if things get worse....i can't control it. Glad you happy bout your skin..You still getting the occasional spot? Maybe if you get some spot cream like benzyol peroxide and just dab it on to the spots...not all over your face as it is still very fragile. This may work as it didn't before because your acne is less severe? You can also get retinol A...which is basically the same thing as accutane but in a cream and your skin absorbs it. I mite turn to this if my acne gets bad again, it's this or another course of accutane. Oh well we will see.

Take care,

Nick

oh no nick....i hope its not coming back for you...maybe it is stress related and it'll go away soon..retinol a eh? i dont think ive ever heard of it? maybe i did, dont know...

i'd do another course of accutane is it comes down to it...but i hope i dont, and you too!! that would just suck

keep me posted...have fun in uni...

take care

oh no nick....i hope its not coming back for you...maybe it is stress related and it'll go away soon..retinol a eh? i dont think ive ever heard of it? maybe i did, dont know...

i'd do another course of accutane is it comes down to it...but i hope i dont, and you too!! that would just suck

keep me posted...have fun in uni...

take care

Ok, Skin is looking good today and yest. It changes so much, when i get a spot now they go so quickly and tun into red marks. If my acne does come back where i start to get depressed again i will deff take another course of accutane! but hopefuly i won't need to and will grow out of it by the time accutane wears off or whatever it does :) Just have a few tiny razor bumps on my jawline and few clogged pores on my cheek area....very small tho, hardy see them. I would be happy if my skin just stayed like this and the redness went alittle more tho.

Take care

Nick

yeah i agree with you, id be happy if mine stayed like this too...its not as smooth as i thought it would be but its a whole lot better...

side effects are pretty much all gone now...even the joint pain has eased up quit a bit....

hows uni?

take care

yeah i agree with you, id be happy if mine stayed like this too...its not as smooth as i thought it would be but its a whole lot better...

side effects are pretty much all gone now...even the joint pain has eased up quit a bit....

hows uni?

take care

Hey,

Uni is good, getting back into things. Skin is looking even better now, Think i only have one small active on the neck and the red marks/redness has faded quite abit now. My face still feels alittle dry and have to keep using moisturizer and vasaline especially when i get out of the shower....just hope it doesn't come back now! Hope everything is ok with you.

Nick

hey Nick..i find my skin isnt as dry as it was....i just dont want my face to get that oily again....no thing new with me...a few red spots, but im sure they'll go away in time...

almost a month off the meds....fingers are crossed!!

talk soon

tammy

hey Nick..i find my skin isnt as dry as it was....i just dont want my face to get that oily again....no thing new with me...a few red spots, but im sure they'll go away in time...

almost a month off the meds....fingers are crossed!!

talk soon

tammy

Hey Tammy,

2 more spots have cropped up on jawline but they arn't that big. Got a pic here from when i went out, don't get alot of pics so hopefully this one will upload in a day or two. I'm on left in white shirt. My lips still feel quite dry but my skin isn't that dry, still need to use moiturizer and vasaline tho

hey nick...great pic....and your skin looks great....mine isnt that smooth i dont think...i can feel a couple spots under the skin, but they dont come out...

what do you think of salisylic acid in cleansers? too harsh maybe?

all is well, looks like you were enjoying yourselves in that pic....good times

were off to see OZZY tomorrow night in concert...yeah!! good times..haha

talk soon

hey nick...great pic....and your skin looks great....mine isnt that smooth i dont think...i can feel a couple spots under the skin, but they dont come out...

what do you think of salisylic acid in cleansers? too harsh maybe?

all is well, looks like you were enjoying yourselves in that pic....good times

were off to see OZZY tomorrow night in concert...yeah!! good times..haha

talk soon

Hey tammy,

Yea was good nigth but didn't stay out too long, had lectures the next morning :(. I would deffinately stay away from salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide products as they can be harsh on the skin. They will also dry out your skin even more and your body will fight this by producing more oil to compensate and will cause more spots imo. I am not using any products other than soap and moisturizer. If my skin becomes bad again i will most likely try retinol A or get straight back on accutane - hopefully not anytime soon. I have about 5 spots on my legs which is abit strange, rather there then my face tho. Hope you have a good time at the concert :) also feels good to go out now and be able to drink what you like without worrying bout your liver.

Take care,

Nick

thanks for the info Nick..i will stop using what i am...i bought the wrong stuff but thought id use it anyways....

take care

tammy

thanks for the info Nick..i will stop using what i am...i bought the wrong stuff but thought id use it anyways....

take care

tammy

Hey Tammy,

My face still looking quite good, am still getting the odd spot on my jawline and a few on my cheek but they seem to go much quicker now. My face is becoming slighlty oily againso i hope my acne doesn't come back. How are you getting on? i have been really busy lately with all sorts. Some days my face gets more red for some reason, i don't know whats causing it but not as bad as when i was on the drug. Might just take time for the redness to go completely, might be due to my skin still being dry and irritated.

Take care

Nick