Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

midday wash

usually before i started the regimen i would wash my face midday.... becuase i would be oily and nasty... but now, i cant or it would wash off the BP. SO, i really dont want to look nasty and greasy the whole day... would it be ok to wash midday? Ive tride blotting the shine with a damp towel... and it didnt work all that good.

...any suggestions?

The more you wash your face the more you are going to strip all the natural oils off your face and cause your pores to produce more oil to make up for it. What Im trying to say is the more you wash your face the more oily it will get. I have learned this the hard way after years of putting harsh chemicals on my face.

Washing your face more than twice a day can aggrevate acne and make it worse (especially if you already have acne prone skin) Its up to you but I seriously would do it if I was you

Why do you blot with a damp towel, why not dry tissue to soak up all the oil? It's hard to blot stuff off your face when the thing you're using is already pretty saturated.

In the middle of the day, I gently splash my face with warm water and pat dry with a towel. This doesn't make my acne any worse, or really any better, but my face feels more comfy and not so sticky.

Try warm water without any kind of cleanser in the middle of the day. You will get rid of some of the surface oils and your face won't be so shiny. At the same time, you won't be aggravating your skin or causing a future breakout.

I blot my face tons of times a day with a towel (if I'm home) or bathroom paper towels (the brown ones work best).....but they are never damp.....I've also heard good things about oil blotting sheets

In the middle of the day, I gently splash my face with warm water and pat dry with a towel. This doesn't make my acne any worse, or really any better, but my face feels more comfy and not so sticky.

Try warm water without any kind of cleanser in the middle of the day. You will get rid of some of the surface oils and your face won't be so shiny. At the same time, you won't be aggravating your skin or causing a future breakout.