Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChewMyAcne

Drinking on Accutane?

I did but only a couple times maybe 3-4. 2 of the times i got wicked smashed too and there were a few other times i just had a beeer or 2. Only on one of my blood tests did something show up but it was insignificant. I wouldnt reccomend it but if you wanna let loose a couple ttimes i think its ok.

Personally, i know this sounds really bad but i drank a lot while on accutane. This is because i just turned 21 and never will i be able to live like this again. However, i think my situation is a little different because even on 60 mg a day i didnt need to use any moisurizer. I barely had any negative side effects from tane. My blood tests were always fine. DOnt use me as an example tho.

Well, back from sushi. I had about 3 sake bombs, almost. Anyways, I'm not too drunk, just a little buzzed. I don't normally drink anyway, so I'm hoping I'll be okay!! I probably won't drink before my next exam, too.

ok to thatoneguy about gettin extra and easily mosh when your on accutane. Thats the biggest load a crap i have ever heard. I'm on accutane and ive gotten piss drunk like crazy in the last 2 months and i have been completly fine. Accutane isnt an enhancer. Otherwise i would like to take it forever.

If you wanna drink while on tane, drink tons of water during treatment. Don't get wasted 3 days before a blood test. And you will be fine.

well, considering accutane is a vitamin A derivative, and the objective is to basically drown your body in it, your liver has to kick in and start processing the isotretinoin. this means your liver is constantly processing tons of things, and when you add alcohol to it, it takes a lot longer. this means, your liver will process less than the amount it normally takes (1 drink/hr) to get the alcohol out of your body. this means not only will it kick in faster, but your buzz will last longer. and you didn't say anything to prove me wrong in the first place idiot. i've been piss drunk too, and i am completely fine, but i know it's taken me less amount of drinks to get to that stage. i mean, if you wanna talk trash to me it's cool, but expect to feel like a dumbass afterward

I took Accutane for 6 months, drank about 1 to 2 times a week and I NEVER failed my blood tests. I drank on the weekends, and I typically had my tests taken in the middle of the week (Tues-Thurs).

I am a college student and was on 40 mg/day of accutane. I drank a LOT while on accutane, like 10 drinks everytime I went out. I only weigh 110 pounds and I never failed a blood test, I even drank the night before an appointment, so I wouldn't worry about it.