Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all, how much Vitamin C is safe to take before/during/after collagen induced therapy, such as Fraxel? I recall reading that the recommended dosage per day (for a male in my age group) is something like 90mg for general health. However, alot of the people in the scar forums are advising between 1000-5000mg daily?

well i don't know for fraxel or for different sexes/age groups sorry, but i do know i take 3 x 1000mg spaced out within a 24hour time zone. Your body will get rid of any excess i think but i like having a constant supply in my body i love vit c for skin.

you might not wanna take that much you could get diarrhea if you take more than 1000mg and if more you could get scurvy or something like that

The RDA is only what is needed to prevent scurvy. We really need thousands of milligrams throughout the day and more if you are sick or injured. You won't get diarrhea unless you grossly exceed the amount your body can use faster than it can use it and that will probably not happen anywhere near 1,000.

I take nearly 2,000 (500 mgs 3 times a day plus a multi) plus eat a great deal of vitamin C rich foods. Some people take it until they get diarrhea to determine their limit.