Notifications
Clear all

DESITIN Log:Starting Today!

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/05/2002 8:55 pm

Ok guys, i look like Casper right now and am hoping for the best with DESITIN, hopefully it wont clog my pores and just fade some red marks. Well im optimistic today and with the great reviews ive seen about DESITIN on many boards, i know this will be a great experience. So, today i bought the 40% zinc oxide DESITIN ointment. It was $3, not too bad! I know many people use the creamy (10% zinc oxide) but ive heard the ointment works just as well (40% zinc oxide). Well, ill get my beauty sleep in a couple of hours and report to you in the morning. Later.

-Gregg

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/06/2002 10:55 am

Day 1:

Ok, ill start with the bad news first... Yes there is bad news. Yesterday, my skin had already been dry and tight before i put on the DESITIN because of ramping up my dosage on BP. I applied DESITIN a little too much because my whole face started to peel. The Desitin made my red marks MORE NOTICEABLE because it got rid of all my skin impurities around the red marks. I think tonight i should just dab the Desitin on the red marks themselves.

The good news, is that it really got out my skin impurities around the red marks and i have no pimples at all. My WHOLE FACE is smooth and its starting to feel soft like a baby's bottom. Anyways, my face is in great shape now since i did my usual moisturizing in the morning. Also, i stopped using BP because i think it could effect my skin in a negative way if i used it with Desitin. I think my face got all peeled because:1) I used too much Desitin

2) I was still very dry and tight from the BP overdose and 3) Because Desitin is supposed to bring up new layers of skin! Im looking forward to tonight and the next morning. This is going to be great.

By the way, any of you Desitin users, did u get any results like mine? What should i do to keep my skin from getting very dry?

MemberMember
(@phrenetic)

Posted : 10/06/2002 11:12 am

I don't have any advice to offer you, but i'd like to say thanks for trying this - i'm sure that there are a whole bunch of ppl who are going to be following your progress (myself included)

Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@shy-girl)

Posted : 10/07/2002 12:18 am

:D

I saw that stuff in the store the other day and almost bought it. But I want to know if there are any results! so, good luck and keep us posted!!!

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/07/2002 4:13 pm

Now 3/4 of my skin is "baby skin" and the other part is still a bit dry. Good news, i didnt peel at all today and my red marks faded 30%!~ Thats good considering i put very little DESITIN on last night. Yay!

I hope my red marks keep fading (thats all i have on my face now!)

-Gregg

MemberMember
(@phrenetic)

Posted : 10/07/2002 4:40 pm

Did you apply all over your face, or just on the spots? Did you rub it in or just dab it on?

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/07/2002 4:55 pm

i have the ointment and i just dabbed lightly on the red spots, when you wake up its all gone and absorbed by your face. I put it on 3-4 hours before bedtime because it takes time to dry.

MemberMember
(@mercury)

Posted : 10/07/2002 7:43 pm

What stores sell desetin?? Does Wal-Mart have it, or do I have to go to bigger "Purpose" store? And is it found in the same section as other acne products or some other part of the store?

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/07/2002 7:52 pm

I got mine at Walgreens, i think Wal-Mark should have it. Many retail stores like Target, Walgreens, Kmart, etc. should carry DESITIN. Ill keep you guys posted... ah so smooth~

-Gregg

MemberMember
(@kazarev)

Posted : 10/07/2002 9:46 pm

Any store that sells baby products should have it, because it is used for diaper rash. So, even grocery stores carry it.

MemberMember
(@mercury)

Posted : 10/08/2002 11:49 am

Ok, last night after asking where to get it at I went out and bought it at Wal-Mart. I got home anxious to get started right away, so I went straight to the bathroom, washed off all the "on the spot" cream I had on, and put the desitin on. After a couple of hours, I noticed that it was popping a trio of acne pimples I had( note: HAD!) on my right cheek! Really popping them, like from the inside out. And I had done nothing to cause this....it was all the desitin working. So I went to bed about 5 hours later, and just woke up this morning and checked my face out. The pimples I had before,that the " on the spot treatment" seemed to be failing in getting rid of, are now gone! Nothing more than a FADED, very faded and small red mark. The previous red marks faded to, but a few are still around, but not as bad as it was before. And this is after only one night! Can't wait to see the results tomorrow. I just can't believe that something used for baby diaper rash could work better than even prescription ACNE medicin. Who figured this out BTW?? Who was the first person to think about putting diaper rash cream on their face to treat acne?? I'm glad somebody did though!

MemberMember
(@michael123456uk)

Posted : 10/08/2002 1:02 pm

i cant find desitin in the uk is it called a different name here. what ingredients r in it i saw something in superdrug that had zinc oxide and castor cream r these ingredients in desitin

MemberMember
(@sara)

Posted : 10/08/2002 5:31 pm

Are you suppose to apply moisturizer or anything before you apply the Desitin?

thanks

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/08/2002 9:18 pm

No, i take a shower and apply Desitin when my face drys. I dont even put on moisturizer overnight, no wonder my face got dry the first time i used Desitin...

MemberMember
(@jsrogersro5)

Posted : 10/08/2002 10:42 pm

Do you think it will make me break out a lot? I put Desitin on tonight, I guess I'll leave it on all night....... It has cod liver oil in it, that may be bad for the acne, I guess I'll see.

MemberMember
(@tranceownz)

Posted : 10/08/2002 11:03 pm

lol jsrogers.....I wouldn't worry about it. Almost in every (if not all) soaps and lotions and what not that you put on your face it has some oils in it. Oils aren't bad for your skin, they are good....only certain types of oil ain't good. See, i'm looking at my dove 1/4 moisturizing lotion beauty bar and it says it has.....

-sweet almond oil

-rosewood oil

-cedarwood oil

-rose oil

Just cuz it has oils in it, it don't mean it will clog your pores. See, it even says non-allergenic and non-comodegenic (or however you spell it)...so it won't clog my pores. I just wanted to clear up the misconceptions that people have about oil and how we think if it has oil then it isn't good....not true. Like with lotions and things you put on your face just look for the non-comodegenic on it, then you know you should be safe from pores clogging. Now....just cuz I say pores won't clog doesn't mean your acne may worse. Some products are a little harsh on your face (depending on what it is) so your acne may get aggravated from it and you could even possibly get more zits, and then you possibly would think it just clogged your pores. Hope I was some help

-Shawn-

MemberMember
(@freakyd)

Posted : 10/09/2002 2:33 am

Hi guys this is Jeetz, Im really glad that you all took my advice and tried out the desiten. I haven't been at this board for a long time, Im in college now, I don't have a lot of time. If you dont' believe me that I introduced the Desiten, ask Dan. Me and him are good buddies.

MemberMember
(@freakyd)

Posted : 10/09/2002 2:34 am

Hi guys this is Jeetz, Im really glad that you all took my advice and tried out the desiten. I haven't been at this board for a long time, Im in college now, I don't have a lot of time. If you dont' believe me that I introduced the Desiten, ask Dan. Me and him are good buddies.

MemberMember
(@freakyd)

Posted : 10/09/2002 2:34 am

MemberMember
(@freakyd)

Posted : 10/09/2002 2:36 am

I am jeetz, the founder of this regimen. Thanks for trying it out guys. If you all remember me, I was from the old boards. Shout out to dan

MemberMember
(@gregg_has_acne)

Posted : 10/09/2002 2:39 pm

I tried Desitin after looking at websites. It says it helps baby acne and people have created web pages on acne solutions with Desitin being one of them.

Anyways, last night i used Desitin again after showering and when i woke up, poof 3 red spots are completely faded. I have 3-4 more dominant red marks that fade about 10% each night. They are barely noticeable from farther than 10 feet and i hope they will eventually fade because they seem deep. I think Desitin will just keep bringing me new skin and it might take awhile for a real deep red mark to fade completely. I havn't got a pimple in a couple of days and its cool cause im not geting shaving bumps (that look like pimples) that i usually get sometimes. I hope my experience keeps getting better!

MemberMember
(@jsrogersro5)

Posted : 10/09/2002 5:38 pm

I just started using the desitin a few days ago. One thing I've noticed is that my skin is actually seeming to get drier. This seems pretty wierd since the desitin it self seems pretty moisturizing. Anyone else have this happen?

Not sure yet if it is helping the spots, my skin feels better though, like less bumpy and all.

MemberMember
(@jsrogersro5)

Posted : 10/09/2002 5:39 pm

I just started using the desitin a few days ago. One thing I've noticed is that my skin is actually seeming to get drier. This seems pretty wierd since the desitin it self seems pretty moisturizing. Anyone else have this happen?

Not sure yet if it is helping the spots, my skin feels better though, like less bumpy and all.

MemberMember
(@jsrogersro5)

Posted : 10/09/2002 5:40 pm

MemberMember
(@jsrogersro5)

Posted : 10/09/2002 5:42 pm

hey guys, sorry about the multiple posts. when you go to post and click submit and it takes a while, dont click submit again, thats why I ended up posting 3 times accidentally. just thought id let you guys know.