Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

refrigerated BP?

I just got my first bottle of BP, yay. Anyways... my Duac I had I kept in the fridge.... and when I put it on it felt cool and nice. Am I allowed to put the BP in the fridge..... or will it alter it somehow?

Dan's gel is not supposed to be kept at extreme temperatures for long periods of time. So, on the bathroom shelf or cabinet is best (room temperature).

darn. anyways... i must say... the gel is amazinggg... i have been using proactiv lotion... and it made me greasy and gross... but this sinks right in... amazing.

um i dont think it should go too much below or above room temp

it can probably alter the stuff in there, making it last shorter than the due expire date

prescription BP is better than Dan's right?

You'd think so, but not necessarily. I actually haven't heard of ANYONE who used a prescription BP and liked it better than Dan's. Prescription BPs are better than most drugstore cream BPs, to be sure, but Dan's BP is still in larger tubes and I think generally thinner than prescription BPs, which have always looked thicker and more opaque to me.

I used Duac but I didn't like it...it has 5% plus an antibiotic but it irritated, but maybe just because I didn't use a moisturizer and I also used a bp cleanser.....The only way a prescription bp topical could be better than BP Gel is if it was to have something else (such as an antibiotic like duac)...Otherwise I think BP Gel is best because it is low % (2.5) and doesn't irritate and is cheap

prescription BP is better than Dan's right?

I've been using Duac for a few years, but I've switched to Dan's BP now. I've found that Duac gets really sticky and balls up with my moisturizer. It also doesn't do a very good job of sinking in! :confused: