Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sara_1987

Does using acne cream while on accutane make your acne worse?

I started breaking out a couple week into accutane and am now at almost two months and my ace is 10times worse than before accutane.

I do have to say I treat my acne. I put on clay masks sometimes (not all over, I put it on the bumps and leave it on for a while to let it dry up) and us differin sometimes.

It doesn't really seem to help much though and I keep on breaking out.

should I stop using all products (except cleanser and moisturizer) while on accutane? My derm said I could still use a treatment though if I was still breaking out on accutane.... but now I'm wondering whether it is making it worse?

I started breaking out a couple week into accutane and am now at almost two months and my ace is 10times worse than before accutane.

I do have to say I treat my acne. I put on clay masks sometimes (not all over, I put it on the bumps and leave it on for a while to let it dry up) and us differin sometimes.

It doesn't really seem to help much though and I keep on breaking out.

should I stop using all products (except cleanser and moisturizer) while on accutane? My derm said I could still use a treatment though if I was still breaking out on accutane.... but now I'm wondering whether it is making it worse?

fyi-ive been using retina-a micro since i started a month ago. i mix in up with my moisturizer at night. seems to help. i couldnt give up EVERYTHING!! :rolleyes:

i also have been using a little differin, too.

I can't see how spot treating can make spots WORSE. My derm said I didn't 'need' to use topicals anymore because of the 'tane, but didn't say NOT to. I think the main reason not to is if it is making you too dry, using both topicals and 'tane. I mean, tane works internally, and using BP or something to help dry blemishes on the surface doesn't seem to me like it would make spots worse. But I'm obviously no derm. :)

Pretty much what my derm told. He said I shouldn't put on anything, because most acne topicals dry your skin, and tane was already doing that.