Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

carbohydrate or sugar?

i know that sugar is a type of carb, but i was wonderin if other types of carbs (other than sugar) is bad for you

so let me clear things a bit...

lets say cereal has 10g of Total Carb and it has 6g of sugar in it

and a bread has 10g of Total Carb and has 1g of sugar in it

which food is more problematic to acne sufferers?

I don't know with the above information. What's in the cereal? Are they a celiac? Did they exercise before?

Carbs are mostly sugar. That is some is starch and fiber but most of it is broken down into glucose. It's the rate at which they break down that gives a lot of people problems and causes a lot of serious health problems over time. This is affected by so many things as well so it might be easier to just do a search here or look at some diabetic or bodybuilding forums (Since insulin is considered the best steriod for building muscle).

Not all - theres an enzymes in our saliva that helps pre digests some before it hits your stomach, but if it's too watered down, or you aren't producing enough of it then it won't work properly. Raw foods used to have lots of enzymes already in them, cooked ones pretty much dont. So for raw foods - like an apple, the apple helps digest it's self (40% ish), whereas a cooked meal will require you to do virtually all the digesting yourself.

Before genetic engineering and irradiation, our raw foods had the proper 40/60 ratio. But today many raw foods are genetically altered or they have been irradiated for longer shelf life, killing the enzymes in the food. Which means that even the raw food we eat today could be in a 20/80 ratio or worse...

i know that sugar is a type of carb, but i was wonderin if other types of carbs (other than sugar) is bad for you

so let me clear things a bit...

lets say cereal has 10g of Total Carb and it has 6g of sugar in it

and a bread has 10g of Total Carb and has 1g of sugar in it

which food is more problematic to acne sufferers?

If that isn't enough for sensitive people it is a good idea to keep an eye on the Glycemic Load (GL) of a food as it is more important than the Glycemic Load in predicting sugar spikes which is what you want to avoid