Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeromus

ugh, a little help?

I have what can best be described as mild acne. Early December, I went to the dematologist and she prescribed that I take 2 pills of minocycline (1 in morning and 1 at night), use 10% benzoyl peroxide in the morning, and use 0.1% retin-a micro at night. I got through the first 2 weeks or so thinking that with all the dryness/flaking/burning, something had to be right. It got noticeably worse during that time, but started clearing up. I'm pretty sure I've broken even with before I started taking everything, but my face burns. It burns from the moment I put the BP on until midnight or so, about an hour after I put the retin-a micro on, then I get a few late night hours of no burning before I go to sleep and wake up peely and ready to start another day of burning. Should my face be hurting and peeling a month after initially starting? From what I read, the 10% BP is the main part of what's killing me... should I forget what the derm said and just buy a 2.5% BP?

Take the mino pills, 4 weeks about until it kicked in for me, use 2.5% BP and floow the regimen EXACTLY, this had me clear in no time at all, all good and well me saying that I'm aware everyone is different, however I strongly suggest trying the regimen.

I would definitely ask her why she thinks 10% is best. I have never seen a study saying it is better than 2.5% or 5%. However, it is definitely more irritating. I would never recommend stopping what a derm has you doing until you speak with them however.

-Dan