Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weedman

I'm feeling so crap at the moment

I dunno how to go about it but my live has/is becoming un-livable. Ever since the beginning of the holidays everything just seems to be getting worst and worst.

I keep feeling constantly depressed and i'm incapable of feeling happy, like whenever i try to feel happy about anything something in my head seems to kick in and makes me depressed. I know it sounds fucked up but thats my life after all. Its like every thing seems to go wrong at the same time, a "m8" of mine keeps reminding me constantly that i have no life and keeps boasting about all the fun he is having, problems at home, acne, everything :/

I just dunno how to go about life anymore cause i got nothing really to look forward to, i just cant go out n have a good time, have really low self-confidence n whenever i try to enjoy myself its like i feel that it all useless in the end. Most of the time i feel paranoid aswell.

At first i though that all this was cause of the accutane i'm taking but i'm not really convinced bout that anymore. I'm probable clinically depressed cause i checked the symptoms on the internet and i have like 80% of the listed ones n this has been going on for ages now.

I don't want to take any medication though even if i do really have depression cause i don't want to become dependant on them. It's the way i am, whenever i had a problem i always had to solve it on my own never really got much help from others so it feels really un-natural for me to reach out.

Anyways, although i seriously doubt it, but is anyone going through the same??

Any advice on how to get my life back on track??

You and me are in the same boat, although i'm already on a plan to get my life back in order. Well, its not really on paper yet, but i'm trying to force myself to talk to people. I used to be able to have cold convo's so easily, but ever since I was handicapped with acne, i've lost that touch. My voice is about 10 octaves lower then it used to be, as I can't talk loud like I wish.

So because of that, i'm trying to model myself as how I want to be.

I'm guessing you like Naruto? Try to model yourself after Kakashi. Hes pretty much the epitome of cool. It sounds really dumb, but its all I got left in my case. I'm not loud or excited, so I gotta improvise my persona as best as possible.

I'm so sorry you are having a bad time. I do want to say though...about medications for depression. I've been where you are, many times. I have taken medication for depression on and off in my life (I'm 26). You usually take them for a period of time and then get off them, although some people take them for many years or for most of their lives. There was a period where I took them for a few years, consecutively, but mostly I'd take them for a year or so when I needed them and then get off them. I am not currently on them. They help SO much and are necessary sometimes. If you feel you are clinically depressed, you should consider them. You will feel much better! I say this from a lot of experience with depression. Hugs to you!

i know how you feel. i don't like my looks either. i feel that if i looked better then my whole life would be wonderful.

i don't flirt, ask women out on dates, or ask for their phone numbers because i'm so insecure about my skin. i also hate other parts of my body.

right now, i'm trying to lose weight, focus on school (i'm in college- i must figure out my major), working, and thats about it.

it's not the life i want, but its not like i have much time to do anything else. i'm hoping i'll look better in another year (my body and my face).

i don't really know what to tell you because i know what its like to be depressed all the time. you should (as hard as it sounds) get out of the house and do things. i've been exercising everyday and when i'm out riding my bike or running on the treadmill, my skin is never on my mind (it is when i look at the mirror afterwards lol).

just try to be active, sitting around the house will depress the hell out of you.

At first i though that all this was cause of the accutane i'm taking but i'm not really convinced bout that anymore. I'm probable clinically depressed cause i checked the symptoms on the internet and i have like 80% of the listed ones n this has been going on for ages now.

I don't want to take any medication though even if i do really have depression cause i don't want to become dependant on them. It's the way i am, whenever i had a problem i always had to solve it on my own never really got much help from others so it feels really un-natural for me to reach out.

Thanks for the replies, i appreciate them :)

I'm still not too sure about the depression medication though :/. I mean i know a few of people who are clinically depressed, two of them are in my family and another is a friend. Two of the three people take medication and the other doesn't. The 2 ppl that are on the medication have become dependant on them in a scence that if they stop the medication there situation becomes really really worst, in fact sometimes they wont even be able to speak, literally, like mumbling n not making any scence at all.

I'm just really really scared that if i start taking medication for this kinda stuff then i wont be able to get off it + i feel that until i get better skin i don't think that i could really be 100% myself, cause its always on the back of my mind n i doubt that medication can delete memories, but i dunno :/

There is also another factor, if i tell any doc that i feel like this then they probably take me off the tane and i don't wanna risk that.

Sometimes i think that its amazing the amount of problems Acne can cause in your life. I mean no doctor or derm really gives acne that much importance but IMO it can become such a huge mental and physical condition to the sufferers that it should be treated with a lot more seriousness especially from the medical aspect.

I mean ffs its not like if a doctor finds a cancer in your body he goes like: "Urm yea, its still small so we'll leave it there for now, if it gets bigger then call me back"

but thats the case with acne, you get mild acne and it remains untreated till it gets worst and worst. Or you go to a derm, they dnt give a shit most of the time n put you on loads of useless junk and the situation starts getting out of control before you know it :/

I'm on accutane and i was pretty depressed. I was so stressed cuz of school and my ex, etc. I definately started breaking out because of shit that I was going through with friends, guys and family. Don't worry it will start looking up. Accutane's process SUCKS but don't worry you will regain your confidence and strength soon. :)

Antidepressants don't create dependence. They help CURE the problem. Exactly like Lexica said above, if you had diabetes would you refuse to take insulin? Would you refuse to take synthroid if you had hypothyroidism? Would you refuse to alter your diet and take blood pressure medication if you had high blood pressure?

If a diabetic does not take his/her insulin, the blood sugar goes nuts and all sorts of horrible things happen.

If a hypothyroid person does not take synthroid, all sorts of horrible things happen.

If a hypertensive person doesn't take medication and remain compliant with diet, all sorts of horrible things happen up to and including stroke, myocardial infarction...etc.

If a clinically depressed person does not take medications, the hippocampus continues to atrophy. You WILL lost short term memory and the ability to learn and the ability to regulate your mood and sleep in the long run. If a clinically depressed person does not take medications, his or her life continues to be dull, unhappy, miserable. I have been there.

Either you get the help or you don't. If you don't.....you're like hundreds of thousands of other depressed persons who don't seek treatment. If you do...you can be happy and weather normal daily stressors and even some of life's greatest stressors.

I am one of those who has to take antidepressants for the rest of my life. If I don't, I go into a major depression and even have other nastiness crop up. I will not discuss the other nastiness, but trust me, I am redeemed through medication. I am now how I should be and should have been more than 28 years ago.

Ok, ill seriously consider checking this medication out.

Erm, who should i talk to? a doctor?

Oh, do you reckon it would be ok if i just let things be for now until i get my tane over and done with??

I have another 3 and 1/2 months to go n i know for a fact that most of the stress i'm having in my life is acne related and due to a huge lack of self confidence, like not being able to have a good time cause its always on the back of my mind 24/7. I think that if i am able to be happy about my image, over time i would gain much more confidence and enjoy doing things a whole lot more and im sure that things would improve, to me this thing is like an obsession of some sort n obsessions drive ppl mad cause its all you can focus on.

btw, yesterday i went out n took Shlnsengumi advice n it went pretty well, i had a good time, met new ppl n actually got a compliment on my looks from this girl at the bar although i find it hard to believe :/

So, think its ok if i just wait these 3 1/2 months out just to get the tane over n done with?

Also a really big thanks to all of you ppl :)

Oh, do you reckon it would be ok if i just let things be for now until i get my tane over and done with??

I have another 3 and 1/2 months to go n i know for a fact that most of the stress i'm having in my life is acne related and due to a huge lack of self confidence, like not being able to have a good time cause its always on the back of my mind 24/7. I think that if i am able to be happy about my image, over time i would gain much more confidence and enjoy doing things a whole lot more and im sure that things would improve, to me this thing is like an obsession of some sort n obsessions drive ppl mad cause its all you can focus on.

btw, yesterday i went out n took Shlnsengumi advice n it went pretty well, i had a good time, met new ppl n actually got a compliment on my looks from this girl at the bar although i find it hard to believe :/

So, think its ok if i just wait these 3 1/2 months out just to get the tane over n done with?

I think i speak for most of us when i say i know the feeling of having acne at the back of my mind 24/7. It was definitely very stressful and u cant really just let go and enjoy urself becos of it.

It great that u get a compliment. Maybe ur acne isnt as bad as u think it is, most of us acne sufferer are overly critical of ourselves.

From what u said abt 2 members of ur family having depression, maybe its hereditary?

Depression is highly hereditary unfortunately. :( (My mother, maternal grandmother, maternal aunts...me).

If your feelings don't get so bad to the point where you are wishing to do yourself harm, it might be safe enough to wait till you're done with Accutane.

Good luck with the Tane, and getting help for your depression once the Tane is done. You can approach your regular family doctor. Just tell them what you said in your first post and be sure to say you've a family history of it, too.

When I was in college, a professor asked me to stop as I was leaving class one day. He asked if I had ever been diagnosed with depression. No, I said. He said "You have a lot of the signs." (I'd been missing week after week of class). He gave me the name of a therapist who got me an appointment with a psychiatrist. I bless that man for eternity. :D Seriously. He was a wise economics professor, and not just in economics. :D

Depression is highly hereditary unfortunately. :( (My mother, maternal grandmother, maternal aunts...me).

If your feelings don't get so bad to the point where you are wishing to do yourself harm, it might be safe enough to wait till you're done with Accutane.

Good luck with the Tane, and getting help for your depression once the Tane is done. You can approach your regular family doctor. Just tell them what you said in your first post and be sure to say you've a family history of it, too.

When I was in college, a professor asked me to stop as I was leaving class one day. He asked if I had ever been diagnosed with depression. No, I said. He said "You have a lot of the signs." (I'd been missing week after week of class). He gave me the name of a therapist who got me an appointment with a psychiatrist. I bless that man for eternity. :D Seriously. He was a wise economics professor, and not just in economics. :D

^ don't compare depression with diabetes, they are totally different.

The science of depression is not fully established, rather a conflicting collection of theories from various psychological perspectives.

--

I think, there is somethign that can make you happy... I mean, finding out can be difficult, but I know what I know through my dreams.

Change is from inside, not out. What exactly do you think, and when? These issues need to be concentrated on to reach some sort of basis for improvement.

I dunno how to go about it but my live has/is becoming un-livable. Ever since the beginning of the holidays everything just seems to be getting worst and worst.

I keep feeling constantly depressed and i'm incapable of feeling happy, like whenever i try to feel happy about anything something in my head seems to kick in and makes me depressed. I know it sounds fucked up but thats my life after all. Its like every thing seems to go wrong at the same time, a "m8" of mine keeps reminding me constantly that i have no life and keeps boasting about all the fun he is having, problems at home, acne, everything :/

I just dunno how to go about life anymore cause i got nothing really to look forward to, i just cant go out n have a good time, have really low self-confidence n whenever i try to enjoy myself its like i feel that it all useless in the end. Most of the time i feel paranoid aswell.

Anyways, although i seriously doubt it, but is anyone going through the same??

Any advice on how to get my life back on track??

you depends on it psycholigcally, like if you forget o take one you get a little anxious etc...

i think antideps are dished out too often, there is an attitued in western medicine to just cure things with a pill

Guest T-Virus
i think antideps are dished out too often, there is an attitued in western medicine to just cure things with a pill

trust me I am on medication for depression and I can tell you I literally was in hell. I was so bad that I couldnt find the strength to get out of bed, I didnt want to die, but I would wish I would never wake up, when by chance I would fall asleep. I also hadhorrible anxiety and was on edge and nervous 24/7 and it was just horrible. This went on for 3 months till I finally said I need toget help. Bottom line I was puton anti depressants and in about 2 weeks I startedfeelingsomuchbett and like myself. THERE IS HELP AS LONG AS YOU SEEK IT. DONT BE AFRAID TO GO ON AN ANTIDEPRESSANT, ITS A SIMPLE AS SWALLOWINGA PILL IN THE MORNING AND YOU CAN FEEL LIKE YOUR OLD SELF, THERE IS NO REASON TO SUFFFER

Trust me, you're not alone in having an unhappy life - at the moment. There's a lot of us.

For some reason, I wish I could trade problems with the other people on this board. There seems to be no way out with what I'm going through. But of course, I know by now that a lot of people feel that way here.

Guest T-Virus
For some reason, I wish I could trade problems with the other people on this board. There seems to be no way out with what I'm going through. But of course, I know by now that a lot of people feel that way here.