Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoxyHart

how to lose 5 lbs in a week?? HELP

Well.......I feel really silly but I am attending a formal party in exactly one week from today and I just tried on my dress that i'm wearing and well...........i've gained a few. It's not skin tight, but it's very snug and pretty uncomfortable.

5lbs would be ideal but I think even 3-4 would be enough, but, how do I lose weight that fast? No starving myself here, I HAVE to eat. :lol:

Well.......I feel really silly but I am attending a formal party in exactly one week from today and I just tried on my dress that i'm wearing and well...........i've gained a few. It's not skin tight, but it's very snug and pretty uncomfortable.

5lbs would be ideal but I think even 3-4 would be enough, but, how do I lose weight that fast? No starving myself here, I HAVE to eat. :lol:

try eating special k for 2 meals a day. ive tried the diet (2 weeks and lost 5lbs) it prob wont get you down 5lbs in a week but itll help. That and 30mins of cardio a day and you should see results

you lose and gain weight everyday.. and no need to starve yourself,just watch what you eat from today until that day and exercise.. stretch those legs chica.. goodluck.. ;)

THANK YOU for the fast replies!!

The special k idea is great! I'm gonna go buy some today. :razz:

And i'll try to steer away from the brownies from now on and work out more often. :angel:

never starve yourself... unless you want to gain weight.

eat 5-6 meals a day.. eat every 2-3 hours, smaller portions. lean meats, no bread, fat free milk (2 cups), water, fruits and vegetables (low glycemix index ones), exercise 30 min (minimum) a day- jogging, running, high intensity exercise.

no sugar, no high fat stuff (duh)

don't eat 90 min. before going to bed.

try the sauna if you want to lose 5lbs that quick (even thought its water weight), you may be able to lose 1-2 though if you work hard enough.

Losing weight (and by weight one may think fat tissue, but muscle mass is lost in the process due to catabolism, however exercise and protein will help) requires one to have a calorie defeceit from their basal metabolic rate. Lets say you need 1800 calories a day to sustain your current weight. A pound of pure fat has ~3500 calories. If you subtract 500 calories a day off that 1800, so you eat only 1300 calories a day, you will lose a pound of fat (and most likely some muscle) a week, which is considered safe. It will be best if you avoid high glycemic index foods or ones with a high insulin index as well, EXCEPT after you workout. And if you choose to workout, I highly reccomend you do something with weights, whether it be a 5pound or 10 pound dumbell. Dont worry about adding muscle, that religiously will only add 1-2 pounds of solid muscle a month. In a month, you may lost 4-5 pounds of real weight, not just water weight, and roughly after the first 5 pounds you may see a difference, but just slight. As for 5 pounds in a week..I don't think that is possible, and even if so, it won't be safe. Even if you starve yourself, you metabolism will be very slow, and if you return to your normal diet, you will most likely gain everything back as fat. Don't give up.