Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EK1

Spiro - *no* side effects???

So i'm on day 15 of Spiro (woo just over two weeks!) and i have noticed my oil has like, almost 100% STOPPED on my face. I don't think i could ever have thought i would be not oily in my LIFETIME. Seriously. I would get oily within an HOUR. Then i started clindamycin (which ive stopped now) and it was drying me out so i wasnt really oily, maybe a tiny bit. But now all im using is a light moisturizer and WOW, no oil! I PRAY it stays this way.

How fast did everyone notice the oil change? (i guess it could also be the fact that im taking fish oil, evening primrose oil, zinc, and a b complex).

So my next question is... has anyone not really noticed a change in urination??? I was so worried that i would have to pee every 5 minutes. I havent really been drinking much either though :S But i dont feel dehydrated... I keep reading about people having to pee like crazy and i feel so weird that i dont feel it! It's been over two weeks too, so i would have guessed by now i would have noticed...

So, anyone???

My skin's always been on the dry side, so it's hard for me to answer your first question. Although, within just a few weeks of starting Spiro, it almost seemed as though my face got even drier (nothing horrible...just a little flakier than usual). I just wear more moisturizer now.

As far as the urination... I'm on 200 mg (a pretty high dose) and haven't ever really had any problems. I've been on it for 7 months now, and I did notice a little bit of urination issues at first. I should note though...I used to take it in the evening with dinner, and then would wake in the night a couple times to pee. Now, I take it in the afternoon with lunch, and don't seem to notice any problems. I think the timing of when you take it makes a big difference.

hm, yeah the timing thing makes sense. I take it in the morning with breakfast with all my other vitamins. Otherwise i would forget lol.

now the question is when it stopped all your breakouts? lol

i was going pretty okay, but i got these tiny tiny whiteheads on my chin (annoying cause i cant try to pop em cause that makes them so much worse) as well as these little red spots on my neck. I hate neck acne!!!! lol.

Ya, what's up with neck acne???? I never in my life have had acne on my f-ing neck but within the past month I have broken out like crazy along my jawline and neck. REALLY attractive. I started taking 50mg of Spiro once a day a week ago and so far, no side effects for me either. I'm on a pretty low dose, though. I have been more tired than usual but don't have to go to the bathroom any more than usual! Good luck to you!!...........

I've been on spiro almost 2 weeks now. I have noticed a change in oiliness but I don't know if it's the spiro or birth control. I'm on month 5 of Lo/Ovral and had noticed a change this month in my skin oiliness and breakouts before starting the spiro 2 weeks ago. But I am almost clear right now. If it weren't for all the scars I'd look pretty dang good! I think the spiro is working for me. I'm only on 50mg/day, one pill, that I take in the afternoon to avoid problems in the evening. But I really haven't found it's increased my need to urinate much. I have noticed other things like my limbs falling asleep easier, some shakiness at times, and I've had some headache trouble. I just went to make sure my blood pressure is ok, and it is. If those effects continue I may ask my derm about it.

My daugther's been on sprio for 3 weeks now, did get an intial breakout (which I had feared) but its getting better and she's far less oily. She's on 100 mg a day (split between am and pm), has wicked headaches if she doesn't drink enough water and is fatigued. She wants to stick it out for a good 4 or 5 months to really give it a chance...