Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pbs86

Does anyone notice that they're skin clears up at night while theyre sleeping?

This is how my skin is..it will feel fresh and and no new breakouts when I wake up, everything seems to be clearing up, but then during the day its a whole different story and at the end of the day I will notice all these new bumps and my skin is not healing itself anymore.

Anyone else notice this with their skin? Maybe its because at night we are relaxed and during the day we're stressing or touching our skin more? Or maybe, in my case, my digestive track has slowed down completely (because I think my acne is linked to digestive probs) while I'm sleeping but when I wake up I start eating and etc.

I dont know. Just something to wonder about.

Yep this is true, your skin is able to heal itself much more while sleeping as compared to awake. This is why it is extremely important to practice good sleeping habits.

This is how my skin is..it will feel fresh and and no new breakouts when I wake up, everything seems to be clearing up, but then during the day its a whole different story and at the end of the day I will notice all these new bumps and my skin is not healing itself anymore.

Anyone else notice this with their skin? Maybe its because at night we are relaxed and during the day we're stressing or touching our skin more? Or maybe, in my case, my digestive track has slowed down completely (because I think my acne is linked to digestive probs) while I'm sleeping but when I wake up I start eating and etc.

That hasnt been my experience, especially with the blackheads on my nose. Night time is when my pores get even more clogged and my face is more oily during the night

Yes this is the case for me. Its because the body gets to regenerate and heal while you sleep...and the more the better. I've been staying up late alot lately so im sure im not getting the full affect of this.

your circulation in your face increases throughout the day compared to when you wake up because of various causes of inflammation

take a shower when you wake up and you will see what i mean or eat breakfast when you wake up and wait a bit

Nope... sometimes my skin becomes worse during the day, but equally often it becomes worse during sleep.

yeap i totally agree, my skin looks much better after i wake up

guess the 10 hours of sleep help :$

I just realized that maybe the reason our skin looks so much better when we wake up is because we can't really see clearly. Haha

I think it's because our body is dehydrated from the lack of water over so many hours so our face looks clear.

why ? as soon as you get up and walk around for a short while your facial circulation will be back to normal

if u get to sleep before 11 ur acne will heal extrmely fast. Growth horomone is released during sleep, exercise and if u eat a anti inflammtory diet leading to skin regeneration.

my skin always looks best in the morning. but funny thing i noticed.. if im really stressed and take a midday nap, crying myself to sleep, when i wake up later my skin looks friggin FANTASTIC. so damn clear... it blows my mind. it returns to its normal state a few hours later of course tho. :think:

This just proves that death cures acne.. but still

Good sleeping habits will help but not exactly give you dramatic results or anything.

I know for sure now that I ONLY get new bumps when I'm awake. I have watched my skin closely for the past 2 days and noticed this.

Yesterday I woke up and my skin was pretty much clearing. Everything was healed no new pimples at all. At about 9 am, I see one new bump. 11 am, a bunch of little bumps on my chin. By the evening, my whole face is broken out again.

Then today this morning when I woke up, all the acne were cleared up and my skin was fresh and healthy. Now it's not anymore!! Same BS happening all over again :(