Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xhunbun

Tiny bumps under skin

I have these tiny bumps that are usually only visible when i pull my skin tight... as in i open my mouth wide or somehow stretch my skin. Basically i can see a clogged pore underneath the surface when i do this, but most aren't visible unless i stretch my skin (they're otherwise flat) Since starting birth control (I'm in my second month) ive noticed that I've been getting pimples in awkward spots that i never used to...conveniently enough, many of these spots happen to be where i can see a large grouping of these tiny bumps.

My best guess is its some sort of initial breakout from the birth control. The birth control is turning that gross stuff under the surface that i can see into larger pimples thus getting rid of it?

Do you think thats whats happening? And if so is there a way to get rid of these little bumps...preferably before they surface into a monster zit?

Im sorry if this seems like a stupid question with an obvious answer... or is posted somewhere else on this board... I'm new :redface:

I have these tiny bumps that are usually only visible when i pull my skin tight... as in i open my mouth wide or somehow stretch my skin. Basically i can see a clogged pore underneath the surface when i do this, but most aren't visible unless i stretch my skin (they're otherwise flat) Since starting birth control (I'm in my second month) ive noticed that I've been getting pimples in awkward spots that i never used to...conveniently enough, many of these spots happen to be where i can see a large grouping of these tiny bumps.

My best guess is its some sort of initial breakout from the birth control. The birth control is turning that gross stuff under the surface that i can see into larger pimples thus getting rid of it?

Do you think thats whats happening? And if so is there a way to get rid of these little bumps...preferably before they surface into a monster zit?

Im sorry if this seems like a stupid question with an obvious answer... or is posted somewhere else on this board... I'm new :redface:

Your right there is an IB with starting new BC's...What your talking about under the skin ..sounds like non-inflamitory acne...unless there red bumps? are you using anything on your face now?? whats your skin care routine? what bc are you taking?

Here's a great post by LionQueen with several suggestions that might help your skin's texture and help get rid of those 'closed comedones' or 'tiny bumps'.

Clearing Pores, getting rid of tiny bumps

The basic advice I like to give is to choose manual or chemical exfoliation, or a combination of the two. I use both. I'm older so I love the lessened wrinkles and overall great improvement in my skin texture from use of both chemical and manual exfoliation. See the regimen below.

Since you are likely a young person, I would just start out with using a gentle or sensitive skin cleanser and a baby's hair brush to very very gently exfoliate your skin. See the link in my signature for the thread on how to use the baby's hair brush.

Please be very gentle with your skin; if you're too rough, those tiny bumps can become inflamed due to minute breaks in the skin cause by over rough exfoliation - any rough exfoliation method can cause tiny breaks in the skin and lead to a breakout.

Please also use a sunscreen. Sun damage creates photoaging, wrinkles, uneven skin texture and color, and can lead to skin cancer. :(

Your right there is an IB with starting new BC's...What your talking about under the skin ..sounds like non-inflamitory acne...unless there red bumps? are you using anything on your face now?? whats your skin care routine? what bc are you taking?

no there really isnt any red marks...well not on these little bumps that im talking about

non-inflamitory acne makes sense, but ive had them for quite some time

does non-inflamitory acne last longer?

right now im using cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer, differin at night, clindoxyl in the morning

and im also using baking soda and acv at nightime

im on marvelon 28 for birthcontrol

no there really isnt any red marks...well not on these little bumps that im talking about

right now im using cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer, differin at night, clindoxyl in the morning

exfoliate,exfoliate,exfoliate! that will do wonders for Non-inflamitory acne. other than that you seem to be doing everything right. Maybe look at your Moisturizer.....that could be clogging your pores...

exfoliate,exfoliate,exfoliate! that will do wonders for Non-inflamitory acne. other than that you seem to be doing everything right. Maybe look at your Moisturizer.....that could be clogging your pores...

will do!! haha

ive been thinking about trying a new moisturizer anyways so i'll do that too

thanks!

Here's a great post by LionQueen with several suggestions that might help your skin's texture and help get rid of those 'closed comedones' or 'tiny bumps'.

Clearing Pores, getting rid of tiny bumps

The basic advice I like to give is to choose manual or chemical exfoliation, or a combination of the two. I use both. I'm older so I love the lessened wrinkles and overall great improvement in my skin texture from use of both chemical and manual exfoliation. See the regimen below.

Since you are likely a young person, I would just start out with using a gentle or sensitive skin cleanser and a baby's hair brush to very very gently exfoliate your skin. See the link in my signature for the thread on how to use the baby's hair brush.

Please be very gentle with your skin; if you're too rough, those tiny bumps can become inflamed due to minute breaks in the skin cause by over rough exfoliation - any rough exfoliation method can cause tiny breaks in the skin and lead to a breakout.

Please also use a sunscreen. Sun damage creates photoaging, wrinkles, uneven skin texture and color, and can lead to skin cancer. :(

thanks to you also for a great response :)