Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am currently using cetaphil cleanser and was wondering if maybe i should be using a cleaser specifically designed for the treatment of acne. Perhaps thats where much of my problems lie? I have relatively sensitive skin (as do many people who suffer from acne) and so i was basically wondering if using an 'acne cleanser' would be too irritating? I was thinking about maybe using it only once a day. So i would continue using cetaphil in the morning...and then an acne cleanser at night. I've heard good reviews about the neutregena 3-in-1 stress treatement...any other suggestions? What cleanser do you all use?

I use Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Antibacterial Bar. I find most 'acne cleansers' too harsh. They strip my skin of moisture and oil. I like the way my skin feels after washing with the Cetaphil. I don't like the liquid Cetaphil very much, but it works just fine. :D

i use cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, and i love it.

Like Wynne said, acne cleaners feel really harsh on my skin and dries it out making it look dull.

I have to agree with the two above me. I've been using Cetaphil for only 2 days and my skin feels and looks 100% cleaner than it EVER did on Proactiv. I'm now a firm believer in that "the gentler, the better." I still continue to use Proactiv's bp "reparing lotion" at night. I see nothing wrong with using an acne cream or spot treatment.

If you have highly sensitive skin I wouldnt recommend using Cetaphil. It leaves a white film on the face. Well it does for my dad and me and a few people I work with. You may want to try Purpose. Its cheap and its soap free

i read something somewhere that said that especially for girls cetaphil doesnt do a good enough job at removing makeup and fully cleaning the skin

...thats another reason why im wondering if an acne cleanser might be better for me

i read something somewhere that said that especially for girls cetaphil doesnt do a good enough job at removing makeup and fully cleaning the skin

...thats another reason why im wondering if an acne cleanser might be better for me

If you use a baby's hair brush and Cetaphil in the shower, the makeup should come off just fine. Actually, I rarely wear makeup so Cetaphil might not be the best makeup remover. Some people do use products specifically to remove makeup and then wash with Cetaphil.