Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apfigur

Planning on switching back to Proactiv

Ever since I started DKR, it has made me clear, but my redmarks now stay forever (about 4 months now). This is mainly because of the bp, im sure. So, im thinking of switching back to proactiv, as I never experienced such long-lasting redmarks on proactiv. What do you all think? Is proactiv as bad as everyone on this board says? What do you proactiv users think?

I've always turned to Proactiv when my current prescriptions never worked for me; as I never knew what else to do. Currently I'm on DKR and I have to say that it's keeping the pimples away from me, however, I'm also using NHSFL moisturizer to speed up the process in ridding my marks at the same time. If DKR is helping you stay clear, I'd say continue, but if you're already clear then there are also other ways and treatments to help your redmarks.

Proactiv has BP in it too so I don't think that will help your situation.\

Thats true, but you dont use 2 fingers of it like in DKR. theres bp in the cleanser, which u wash off, and in the reparing lotion, but you are only supposed to use a dime size amouint of that..

You might try incorporating one of the AHA lotions with the Regimen before you quit. These can often help the red marks resolve a bit quicker. Something like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, or Lac-Hydrin Five.

Good luck with your decision.

The redmarks that I had left around when I cleared up weren't from acne I got while on the regimen, but rather acne from back in my Proactiv days. The scrubbing wash left my face very tender and ripped open some acne, and I think that actually caused my redmarks. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion is pretty good at evening out your skin, though, and I highly recommend adding it into your regimen as your moisturizer at night rather than going back to Proactiv.