Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have what looks like a permanent flesh-colored rash covering my entire forehead. It's a little itchy like a rash, too. Is this non-inflamed acne? I've gotten 2 facials in, maybe, the 6 last months, but the estheticians (students) didn't touch them. So are they something else?

It used to go along my hairline, up onto my scalp, until I got away from SLS- and SLES-containing shampoos/soaps after reading mention of them on this website. Now it's localized to my forehead.

If my inflamed acne calms down and I'm less irritated overall, I might get a facial this summer. Would a non-student esthetician be more aggressive, if they really are extractable?

Meds have seemed to help a little, but not much. Might Tazorac eventually help more? I've been on it for 13 weeks.

Do you have bangs? If you do, it might be irritation from the hair touching your forehead and/or the shampoo you're using.

If you don't, I'd treat it gently along with the rest of your face. Wash it gently, pat dry, see if applying a layer of vaseline at night might help the itchiness.

I myself like apple cider vinegar. :D It might be effective for you, but use it diluted at least 50/50 for a few days to see how your skin reacts.

If that is not effective, you might try switching to an anti-dandruff shampoo and even washing your forehead with that shampoo. Be sure to rinse if off completely. You won't need to only wash with the dandruff shampoo, but maybe only two to three times a week.

Nizoral, Selsun Blue, or Head and Shoulders. I use Selsun Blue myself, two in 1. Love it. :D

Ah, and since they're flesh colored bumps, definitely try gentle exfoliation there, too. That might be the key to clearing it.

In your opinion, which of those options would be the most gentle? I'm scared of pissing off my face.

I currently use Duac, Tazorac, aloe, jojoba oil, and when needed, sunscreen on my forehead similarly to the rest my face. (I add a 2nd layer of jojoba to really dry/itchy spots, which is never on my forehead.)

I was thinking of doing the baby brush thing. Then I could just localize it just to my forehead and avoid adding potential irritants to anywhere they're not so much needed.

(I had heavy, straight bangs for 19 years, and I swear I heard angels singing from the heavens the day I got rid of them.)

In your opinion, which of those options would be the most gentle? I'm scared of pissing off my face.

I currently use Duac, Tazorac, aloe, jojoba oil, and when needed, sunscreen on my forehead similarly to the rest my face. (I add a 2nd layer of jojoba to really dry/itchy spots, which is never on my forehead.)

I was thinking of doing the baby brush thing. Then I could just localize it just to my forehead and avoid adding potential irritants to anywhere they're not so much needed.

(I had heavy, straight bangs for 19 years, and I swear I heard angels singing from the heavens the day I got rid of them.)

Well. My forehead was looking nasty; I had a lot of dead skin in general, as well as, over my ever-present healing cysts; and I wanted to play with my new makeup that might look funky over dead skin; so I tried exfoliating for the first time since starting my current acne meds 14 weeks ago.

I didn't really have any supplies, so I wetted my face in warm water, put 1 drop of jojoba oil each on 2 cottonballs, soaked said cottonballs in warm water, and gently buffed 1 cottonball per side of face in circular motions. (I usually do this for my lips, except without the jojoba oil--hoped it would be soothing--and buffing much harder. It works for them.)

Well, it got rid of the dead skin, but it really pissed off my face. Everything got irritated and inflamed. The bumps on my forehead proliferated all while, individually, getting bigger and itcher. My flattening cysts even started to puff back up complete with requisite aching/burning/itching. So, I was sad and pretty pissed at myself for screwing up several weeks worth of religious washing and medicating, always utilizing perfectly clean towels, sheets, and pillowcases.

I always apply Tazorac pretty heavily (3 peas?), but last night, I figured why not spot treat on top of that? Spot treating all my spots happens to cover most of my face, only my nose, a couple splotches on my cheeks, and the areas around my mouth/chin/neck that get the worst of the hives, whether or not they have acne, really being spared.

Well, I woke up, and it was a miracle, everything had really improved. The cysts are chilling out again. Many red marks faded very considerably. I even have less bumps on my forehead than before I tried to exfoliate.

I think I'll keep this heavy "spot" treating of more Tazorac on top of a heavy layer of Tazorac in my daily repertiore . . .

these are stubborn. I call them humidity bumps.....

stubborn and resiliant but definitely treatable. Hopefully the information gathered online will be enough. If not, I'd recommend a doctor with a personality you can relate with. Its my experience that the practitioner / patient relationship is a major factor in the success of any chronic problem....

this is the photo 4 weeks later....... hope it gives you the optimism you need to get it done......

(all photos have been signed and released)

post-59950-1184814847_thumb.jpg

post-59950-1184814847_thumb.jpg

Its my experience that the practitioner / patient relationship is a major factor in the success of any chronic problem....

Hi turbosquab! Any updates/improvements to post?

I've continued slathering on the Tazorac, and I think it's really helping. Maybe a 35% improvement.

these bumps are relentless........ I never underestimate their strength....

this patient was seeing me for several weeks in ny....... Sometimes it takes more than a few quick tips....