Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
w00ter

Cut lip on Accutane

I have a cut down off the centre of my top lip which hasn't healed in like 2 months. It's straight down but it's not that deep as far as I can tell. I'm talking 60 mg a day.

Has anyone had an similar experience? What should I do? Give up Accutane completely (thinking of this atm) or ask my Doctor to reduce the dose? Will it scar? (n.b. it's completely located to my lip afaik i.e. it doesn't bridge past where the lip meets the skin)

If you need any further info. I'll be happy to provide. I'm pretty paranoid here.

Thanks.

Ask your doctor for suggestions on how to heal that cut. Let her/him take a look at it. It could be infected and thus not healing. I hope the non-healing is not related to the Accutane. Good luck!

Ask your doctor for suggestions on how to heal that cut. Let her/him take a look at it. It could be infected and thus not healing. I hope the non-healing is not related to the Accutane. Good luck!

Yeah my doctor has given me Bactroban which should fight against infection. I'm seeing Doctor Monday so hopefully they'll have a look at it.

Right now I'm heaping on Vaseline and the anti-biotic every waking moment and it's looking better.

Yeah my doctor has given me Bactroban which should fight against infection. I'm seeing Doctor Monday so hopefully they'll have a look at it.

Right now I'm heaping on Vaseline and the anti-biotic every waking moment and it's looking better.

Bactroban is great for most infections. Careful not to overuse it, though. ;) Just one or two applications a day should be fine, or however the doc said to do it.

Great! You're seeing the doc on Monday! :)

Bactroban is great for most infections. Careful not to overuse it, though. ;) Just one or two applications a day should be fine, or however the doc said to do it.

Great! You're seeing the doc on Monday! :)

5 times per day is what Doctor said.

lol I'm thinking of packing Roaccutane in after this doctor visit, this is my second time and it's not worth it at all.