Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Just wondering... how many of you take accutane with a glass of milk??

I haven't been drinking milk for such a long time that it scares me that it'll make me breakout.. but on the accutane package it says to take with milk.

it says that really?

i also just take mine with water. that;s what my package says.

i'm sure milk will be fine though.

I dont know why you would want to take accutane with a glass of milk. Milk has hormones in it and can cause acne flare ups in some people

Just needs to be something with fat, that's why the package suggests milk. Can be water, then pill and then take your pick of various fatty foods: handful of fatty nuts, olive oil on salad, butter on bread, glass of milk. whatever. :P It's just as easy to take it with a glass of milk.

Mines says "take with a glass of milk" Do I? HELL NO. last week I had a glass of milk, 2 yoghurts and 2 cheese sticks (after giving up dairy for 3months) and I had the biggest cysts ive ever had. For me, milk is an absolute no no. I avoid dairy completely. I have no doubt that it causes me to break out.

It doesnt suprise me really when you think about it.... something that nourishes a calf.. should be left for the calf. It has disastrous effects on me.

This sounds like im being an idiot but I have a serious fear of dairy now. I take my accutane with water and my meal.

I take mine with a glass of milk mixed with a tablespoon of flax and protein powder. I also have a bowl of oatmeal.

I never even thought that dairy could cause acne - I heard chocolate and fried foots but never dairy :think: hmmmm...