Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay I basically never remember my life without severe acne. Talkin huge cysts and nodules and then some. Tried every new medicine,old medicine, vitamin, creams, gels and combinations of these. Have nasty scars everywhere and basically started asking my doctor about almost every single thing I hope will clear it up. Honestly a paper bag would be alot easier to solve this problem. Just had bloodwork done to see if I can see an endocronologist if my hormones levels are elevated. I have alot of questions cause sometimes I feel it could be hormonal and it could be allergies. I realize that I can see an allergist, but my back is so bad its embarassing to be tested. Sometimes I wake up with just 1 or 2 itchy hives in different places or just be sitting around and get one on my lip. I know for certain everything that touches my skin and use these items everyday so here we go:

1. The people on here that have allergies. What are you allergic to?

2. Why are we routed directly to derms when some acne is hormonal and go to the Endo or an allergist to get tested for allegies? Wouldn't it be cheaper and save alot of pain, tears, and humilation plus the scars if this was done prior to the derm?

1. The people on here that have allergies. What are you allergic to?

2. Why are we routed directly to derms when some acne is hormonal and go to the Endo or an allergist to get tested for allegies? Wouldn't it be cheaper and save alot of pain, tears, and humilation plus the scars if this was done prior to the derm?

1) Oranges and to a much lesser extent other citrus. It caused horrible cystic acne on my jawline, neck, hairline, back, etc.

2) Don't know. The possibility that it was an allergy was never mentioned to me. Just antibiotic after antibiotic and finally accutane. None of which will help an allergy. You'd think they'd make a list of the various things that can cause acne and ask you about them or at least put some questions in those forms you fill out before you see them.

Gynecologists also should notice things like the presence of hirsutism and acne and wonder if maybe the patient has a hormone imbalance and possibly a serious condition like PCOS. But they don't. I've seen tons of posts where people learned of these conditions from their hairstylist or at a spa.