Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

If you could predict a flair . . .

If you knew you were going to have a flair (most likely dominated by cysts and pustules), is there anything you would do to prepare for it. For instance, to lessen the pain and damage?

I'm having (minor!) oral surgery August 14. The surgeon's pulling my minocycline, temporarily, to put me on pencillin or amoxicillin, since the wound can't be sutured. (He wasn't clear on which.) He advised me I'll flair, despite the topicals and the new antibiotic.

This may be a long shot...but try applying Apple Cider Vinegar to your face twice a day...once in the morning and once and night..it may help to even out your skin's ph and help prevent that flair....

Good luck with the oral surgery!

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just be extra religious about my topicals.

I'm worried about using ACV, because my face is already beyond sensitive from the topicals and from just being itself. Vinegar (balsamic, which has a pH of 4.6 compared to ACV's 4.4, though) itches immediately if I get it on my hands. I also seem to have new allergies (affecting respiratory tract, mucous membranes, and skin) that mess with me almost every, stupid day, so my skin is pissed off almost every, single day.

Also, I have a sinus/ear infection. My family doc put me on amoxicillin on top of the minocycline. Amoxicillin is what the oral surgeon wants to put me on . . . And I'm having another surgery on August 1, and they're letting me stay on mino while I'm on whatever antibiotic they're going to put me on (forgot the name; never heard of it before). I wonder if I could talk to mouth guy about this? Probably won't work. But acne hurt, damnit! I just don't want deal with a horrible break out. The thing he's removing in my mouth is so tiny and doesn't even hurt (bit cheek, scar tissue blocked salivary gland; have a "mucous-filled blister"). They're only taking it out because, evidentally, it's permanent, and they don't want to me biting it all the time. It's not worth 1 freaking break out.

:(

why would antibiotics break you out? if anything they will prevent an acne flare up.

why would antibiotics break you out? if anything they will prevent an acne flare up.