Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to suffer severly from cystic acne, many nodules and went through some treatments, mostly cortisone shots. They didn't seem to reduce in size until i popped them, wierd I know but they formed little open spots and my insecurities out weighed my patience. I now have a few ice pick scars, my skin is not smooth ( you can see the different texture on my face) some are raised a bit and some have mad indentions. I am still having breakouts, but not as large or hard, mostly blackheads and medium size bumps. I think and hope!!! that a few changes made in my nutrition will change that. I am interested in chemical peel, some look great (online) yet some of these reviews are scary. I was wondering, [[Markcolor=#0000FF] who is 25 what percentage was your peel? And has anyone had a positive experience with a c.p. while still breaking out? all inputs welcome

A daily glycolic acid product will greatly improve the evenness and texture of your skin overall. You might try the Alpha Hydrox Souffle. The glycolic product I used also helped clear my acne up. It was primarily comedonal, though. Not large inflamed pimples, just clogged pores and the occasional flare from stupid picking. :D