Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
me15

Ziana Gel? Anyone?

Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone has used this and how good it is. Also if anyone was using Re10 face wash and your thoughts on that. I would REALLY appreciate it...Thank you! :D

Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone has used this and how good it is. Also if anyone was using Re10 face wash and your thoughts on that. I would REALLY appreciate it...Thank you! :D

I just started using this today so if anyone has any comments on it, please advise!

My previous prescription was for Differin gel 0.1 but I asked if there was anything stronger that I could use that was relatively newer. I also didn't want to take oral antibiotics as I've taken just about every kind Derms offer over many years and stopped after getting worried about a ringing sensation in my ears.

I've been on every over the counter treatment you can get, tried Pro-Active (didn't work) tried home remedies (apple cider vinegar anyone?) and besides a bucketful of any oral meds ending with "cycline", I've been on several topical treatments and so far Differin was the only thing that worked half way decent to take down the redness and not peel so bad.

The Differin works for me, but not as much as I had hoped....but I remember the bad times without it so believe me, I'll take the Differin results over nothing! Just hoping that the Ziana will work better......I might even try Differin 0.3 now that it's FDA approved but it just hasn't gotten to pharmacies yet so I couldn't try it right now.

Also - I decided a few months ago to completely detox my face by switching to all natural products for sensitive / roseca and acne prone skin. Anyone else had good results with Suki Naturals? I use the entire line for roseca skin and love it. I'm hoping that this brand of cleansing products, along with the Ziana, will get me better results than when I was using Differin.

I just started using this today so if anyone has any comments on it, please advise!

My previous prescription was for Differin gel 0.1 but I asked if there was anything stronger that I could use that was relatively newer. I also didn't want to take oral antibiotics as I've taken just about every kind Derms offer over many years and stopped after getting worried about a ringing sensation in my ears.

I've been on every over the counter treatment you can get, tried Pro-Active (didn't work) tried home remedies (apple cider vinegar anyone?) and besides a bucketful of any oral meds ending with "cycline", I've been on several topical treatments and so far Differin was the only thing that worked half way decent to take down the redness and not peel so bad.

The Differin works for me, but not as much as I had hoped....but I remember the bad times without it so believe me, I'll take the Differin results over nothing! Just hoping that the Ziana will work better......I might even try Differin 0.3 now that it's FDA approved but it just hasn't gotten to pharmacies yet so I couldn't try it right now.

Also - I decided a few months ago to completely detox my face by switching to all natural products for sensitive / roseca and acne prone skin. Anyone else had good results with Suki Naturals? I use the entire line for roseca skin and love it. I'm hoping that this brand of cleansing products, along with the Ziana, will get me better results than when I was using Differin.

Sometimes brand names get in the way of recognition, I had to look that up.

clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and tretinoin 0.025%

I have not tried it, but it sounds effective.

What the heck is RE10?

if u search the forum, i've made many replies about my experience with it.

but i'll just tell u anyway... =)

I started using it in february and it cleared me up pretty good. Then 2-3 months later it kinda lost its effectiveness and my face started to revert back to its old ways..

Now i'm using finacea in the morning and ziana at night (not sure if the ziana is even doing anything anymore). But i'm starting to get better now with finacea.

If i start to get worse again, i'll prolly drop the ziana and use differin 0.3.

hopefully u won't have an IB cuz the clindamycin should take care if it. But i also think i became immune to it so it's not working as well anymore.

To Me15: My understanding is you should only use Ziana at night so don't try to over do it - especially since your doctor told you to use it once every other day for 2 weeks - then every day.

Dan89: Thanks for the experience on this stuff. I also experienced some sort of non-effectiveness thing happen with the Differin 0.1 so I know what you mean. It would rock if the Ziana would work like magic until mid August (when my HS reunion is) - then if I have a break out, I wouldn't be majorly freaked and depressed. Well, I would get depressed...but you know what I mean. ;) How bad does it suck to be out of HS for 20 years and STILL dealing with acne! :eh:

Thank you guys! That really did help, I've been using it for about 4 days now (every other day) and I think that my forhead is breaking out with tiny pimples....its not that bad but still annoying...does this stuff really work on clog pores and blackheads??? And the RE10 wash is a face wash that my derm gave me, I haven't heard anything about it, it seems really gentle (it is an antibacteria wash). So I will see how both work after a month...Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Thank you guys! That really did help, I've been using it for about 4 days now (every other day) and I think that my forhead is breaking out with tiny pimples....its not that bad but still annoying...does this stuff really work on clog pores and blackheads??? And the RE10 wash is a face wash that my derm gave me, I haven't heard anything about it, it seems really gentle (it is an antibacteria wash). So I will see how both work after a month...Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Keep us posted on how it works for you and I'll do the same! I think the breaking out that you are experiencing is completely normal. Please just keep telling yourself that it's the storm before the calm cause I seriously had to do that for myself. I had the same thing happen when I went on the Differin gel earlier this year and it took a good 5 to 6 months for a majority of the embedded crap to come out - and it came out like little seeds or plugs...literally pushing themselves out half the time if I didn't help them along by picking. I still have a few of these tiny bumps deep under the skin along my jaw line so hopefully the Ziana will get those buggers that the Differin hadn't gotten to yet.

Let's see....it's been what - 4 days now or something? So far I've noticed that my face is flushing more during washings and looking more red. I'm not certain I really like the consistancy of the gel when applying Ziana. It's really watery.

Differin gel wasn't so watery and it didn't give my face a reddish flush and I really liked that. I've noticed first off that the break out areas I had are drying up with flakey patches from the Ziana, so I guess that's good - but it's irritating and one in particular is close enough to my mouth that when I smile it cracks and bleeds.

Having thoughts of phoning doctor to get prescription for Differin 0.3 when it's available in the pharmacy here.

Let's see....it's been what - 4 days now or something? So far I've noticed that my face is flushing more during washings and looking more red. I'm not certain I really like the consistancy of the gel when applying Ziana. It's really watery.

Differin gel wasn't so watery and it didn't give my face a reddish flush and I really liked that. I've noticed first off that the break out areas I had are drying up with flakey patches from the Ziana, so I guess that's good - but it's irritating and one in particular is close enough to my mouth that when I smile it cracks and bleeds.

Having thoughts of phoning doctor to get prescription for Differin 0.3 when it's available in the pharmacy here.

Hey! I am on the same amount of time like you (but I use Ziana every other night) I think I am liking it, but it is way too soon to tell. I have the same dry patches as you but it is a good thing because that means it is working (it isnt dry that I cant talk without it cracking/hurting). Maybe you should put some lotion after the Ziana, just let the Ziana dry and then put on lotion.I liked the gel because I am very oily and therefore it helps it not be so much oily but more normal, i guess. I say stick with it for a few more weeks and see what happens, or just use it every other night for a week so your skin can adjust to the medicine. By thursday I will be using this stuff every night so I'll let you know how that works! keep your head up! xoxoxo

Hey! I am on the same amount of time like you (but I use Ziana every other night) I think I am liking it, but it is way too soon to tell. I have the same dry patches as you but it is a good thing because that means it is working (it isnt dry that I cant talk without it cracking/hurting). Maybe you should put some lotion after the Ziana, just let the Ziana dry and then put on lotion.I liked the gel because I am very oily and therefore it helps it not be so much oily but more normal, i guess. I say stick with it for a few more weeks and see what happens, or just use it every other night for a week so your skin can adjust to the medicine. By thursday I will be using this stuff every night so I'll let you know how that works! keep your head up! xoxoxo

Me15 -thanks for the thoughts... I truly hope you find a medication that will help you and wish you the best. I got my Differin gel 0.3 this afternoon and applied it tonight after washing up.....I can't believe the difference in my skin....my face is literally calmed everywhere except the zit pock areas now - where as my entire face was getting reddened on the other stuff. For some reason the other retenoids irritate my face and this doesnt. (shrugs)

Me15 -thanks for the thoughts... I truly hope you find a medication that will help you and wish you the best. I got my Differin gel 0.3 this afternoon and applied it tonight after washing up.....I can't believe the difference in my skin....my face is literally calmed everywhere except the zit pock areas now - where as my entire face was getting reddened on the other stuff. For some reason the other retenoids irritate my face and this doesnt. (shrugs)

My daughter (age 18) had some slight but stubborn acne after years of being acne-free (having taken Accutane about 3 years ago -- which worked great, by the way). We asked the dermatologist this past week if she could prescribe something more aggressive (in addition to the Benzacline and a 10% BP wash that my daughter had been using). She prescribed Ziana.

Well, my daughter applied it ONCE - Thursday night - and woke up yesterday with both sides of her face broken out ALL OVER - (now mind you, she had only had a few spots on each cheek the night before...but they'd been there for a while, not responding, which is why we asked for something additional to try). It was very upsetting to her and to me! We immediately got an appointment with another derm (ours wasn't available) who prescribed typical acne stuff: tetracyline, clindamycin, Benzacline, etc. but who was also receptive to putting her back on Accutane since it had worked so well on her stubborn acne in the past. Need I say she will not dare use Ziana again!

Now my daughter, who never wore much makeup and always took pride in having nice skin, is stuck with using a heavy coverup (Dermablend) and taking all this medicine -- not to mention the emotional toll this is taking on her.

I swear by the Accutane -- which I know has a bad rap due to its causing birth defects and supposedly causing suicidal thoughts --- but it worked well for her and kept her clear for 3 years. The monthly visits to have bloodwork done and to see the doctor to get a new prescription (which is given out only 1 month at a time) is a pain but it is definitely worth it if you have a health/RX plan that will cover it for the 5 months or so that you are on it.

And one more thing -- when all these breakouts have subsided, it will take a long long time for the dark spots left behind to fade away.

I posted a Ziana thread in the main section of this forum, but no one has posted in it.

I've been on it about a month. Once a day at night & BP in the morning (see my sig).

I am getting lots of tiny red bumps (more like comedal acne than inflammatory) on the sides of my face. I have never had acne like this, or at least this much of it, and I have never broken out like this in those area of my face. Before DKR my main problem was inflammatory acne in the "t-zone" area. I was mostly clear of any obvious acne before I started Ziana.

I went to the derm because I had a bumpy texture (comedal acne I presumed) on my chin that DKR has not handling (yes, I am a perfectionist). The derm prescribed me Ziana. Now I plan on giving it a few months, but I'd like to know if this has worked for anyone & how long it took to see results.

Also, this break out I have had - is that an initial purging of sorts or is this stuff just not working?

Anyone else get a purging or anything like that & then clear up?

Hey guys. I have been on ziana for 4 months now, and my face has NEVER been better! Prior I had cystic acne on my back, and a bit on my face (my worst problem though was my PERSISTENT pimples on my forehead; not just one or two, but my WHOLE forehead was one big hurty pimple) It took about a week for it to begin to work, and I had an underlying breakout but ever since my face is 100% improved! This was my dermatologists LAST step before prescribing me accutane so my face was pretty bad, and it solved many of my problems.

I think that the best thing about the ziana though, is its inability to dry me out! Every other cream that I've been on (practically everything avaliable) has dried me out to the point of flaking after only one sparing use. With this I can use it every night and will STILL not dry me out. I also don't get burnt just by walking outside for a small amount of time (granted I use sunscreen, but when on Retin-A and other creams, I could be outside WITH SPF50 and would still get burnt in under 25 minutes).

I hope that helps a bit, and I hope it helps you guys just as much.

I have/had (only two left) cystic acne on my back, and a bit on my face. My face was a conglomerate, nose=extreme blackheads, large pores (completely cleared, small pores) chin=pustules (completely cleared, except one left over) forehead=pustules/whiteheads a mix really, the worst was how persistent it was, I had 'bumps' all over my forehead since 7th grade (now a senior) and its helped alot.

I can say that its just the ziana, because I am not taking any oral medications because I have bad reactions to them all/couldn't remember to take them (they never seemed to do anything when I took them on a strict schedule for 2 months, so I think that the dissatisfaction made me forget about them)

I have/had (only two left) cystic acne on my back, and a bit on my face. My face was a conglomerate, nose=extreme blackheads, large pores (completely cleared, small pores) chin=pustules (completely cleared, except one left over) forehead=pustules/whiteheads a mix really, the worst was how persistent it was, I had 'bumps' all over my forehead since 7th grade (now a senior) and its helped alot.

I can say that its just the ziana, because I am not taking any oral medications because I have bad reactions to them all/couldn't remember to take them (they never seemed to do anything when I took them on a strict schedule for 2 months, so I think that the dissatisfaction made me forget about them)

Yeah, the ziana definately made my pores smaller, and my blackheads are completely gone. Since I started, I haven't had one blackhead make a reappearance, its wonderful lol. My skin is definately smoother, but I couldn't tell you about the bright part lol. I am insanely pale, so besides evening it out a bit, it hasn't done much there for me.

Yeah, the ziana definately made my pores smaller, and my blackheads are completely gone. Since I started, I haven't had one blackhead make a reappearance, its wonderful lol. My skin is definately smoother, but I couldn't tell you about the bright part lol. I am insanely pale, so besides evening it out a bit, it hasn't done much there for me.