Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

food doesn't effect acne?

Just started taking accutane, soo yea I can eat anything I want?? I've been told lots of time snot to eat fried food.. but yea then theres things like food doesn't effect acne..

my derm said it doesn't, but i try and stay away from it anyway, just in case.

For the most part, food doesnt affect acne. But if there is something you eat that tends to make you break out, I would avoid it. Just eat healthy.

I don't know where the derms/docs get their info from, but I'm almost certain that what you eat affects your skin.

I always get a breakout after eating things like crisps/chocolate.

I always get (noticably) better after eating apples/fruit daily for about 10 days.

If only apples tasted like crisps/chocolates then I'd be fine :)

I'd definately try to eat at least reasonably well. I keep telling myself that maybe I can just get this box of Pringles crisps or whatever since I'm on accutane... I always suffer for it afterwards though!

well, your on accutane anyway, so it won't matter (for your skin). but food affects cholesterol, so does accutane. just eat as you normally do and if you have a problem with the blood work, just limit fatty foods. this may or may not help since the accutane is what is causing the elevation.

If I'm correct Accutane is Fat soluble, just like vitamin A.....which would mean that eating semi-fatty foods (such as maybe a burger, lasagna, etc., just not too bad for you) would be kind of beneficial for the ACCUtane to absorb...which is why you are supposed to take it with the biggest meal of the day....so don't worry so much about it...just be glad your able to go on Accutane,....my parents still refuse

Its always best to eat heathily, but I ate like crap during and after my accutane course and my skin is still a zillion times clearer than when i ate an 'anti-acne' diet.

I don't know where the derms/docs get their info from, but I'm almost certain that what you eat affects your skin.

I always get a breakout after eating things like crisps/chocolate.

I always get (noticably) better after eating apples/fruit daily for about 10 days.

If only apples tasted like crisps/chocolates then I'd be fine :)

I'd definately try to eat at least reasonably well. I keep telling myself that maybe I can just get this box of Pringles crisps or whatever since I'm on accutane... I always suffer for it afterwards though!