Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all. I used to use tazorac last yr and I overused it way too much. I am now left with thick raised skin and hypopigmentation. Are there any treatments out there that will help me with the raised skin. I am desperate.

Canucker

I feel so depressed because i have the same problem too. Will Fraxel treat the raised skin/tissue? The raised area is soft and white. I think that's the overgrown of collagen. Will the raised area reduce its size and return to normal skin tone later?

Please help!!

I have the EXACT same problem although it is due to a botched dermabrasion and i am left with white thick raised patches of hypopigmentation, i am forever looking for something that will make it better although there doesn't seem to be anything that will help it, i am acctually considering fraxel but i'm terrified that fraxel will stimulate more collagen and make the raised areas even more raised.

I have the EXACT same problem although it is due to a botched dermabrasion and i am left with white thick raised patches of hypopigmentation, i am forever looking for something that will make it better although there doesn't seem to be anything that will help it, i am acctually considering fraxel but i'm terrified that fraxel will stimulate more collagen and make the raised areas even more raised.

would a steroid cream help with the raised skin at all???

It would probably cause rosacea, stay away from steroid creams. Retinoids can help.

Hopefully that will do the trick, but if not tazorac has very good reviews on here, but you have to get used to it, with the redness and all. Retinoids tell the skin to remodel and studies have proven that it does, its not just an exfoliator, although it will exfoliate alot. Steroids tell the skin to stop inflammation but with scar tissue it will have little effect I think. I also think the creams with the peptides in them really do work to remodel more gently. You could also try the silicone sheets but I am not a big fan of those.

We obsess so much over our faces trying to make them better and in theory we end up doing more harm than good.

I believe I have one on my jawline, is it possible for a plastic surgeon to just cut it out and sew it back up?

They can be bought at a drug store but they are expensive and I am not sure if the results are permanent.

Does anyone know if the results of silicone sheets are permanent?

Would getting some sort of chemical peel help or would that further damage the skin? Thnxx

Would getting some sort of chemical peel help or would that further damage the skin? Thnxx

If what you have is keloid scarring, a chemical peel would be a bad idea, as chemical peels actually cause controlled wounding of the skin and can lead to keloid scarring in those susceptible to keloids.

It won't hurt to ask your derm if you have keloid scarring. If it is NOT and it just happened to be hypertrophic for some reason, you could try a chemical peel.

If what you have is keloid scarring, a chemical peel would be a bad idea, as chemical peels actually cause controlled wounding of the skin and can lead to keloid scarring in those susceptible to keloids.

It won't hurt to ask your derm if you have keloid scarring. If it is NOT and it just happened to be hypertrophic for some reason, you could try a chemical peel.