Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warlock110

Doing scar removal procedure in Asian countries?

what's the view on this? I'm totally against plastic surgery in these countries because there's a much bigger potential for dying/getting really sick. However in these countries, the chemical peel/laser procedure is quite less (in cost), I do not know about the side effect and the level of danger in these procedures but if you're on a trip for a month or 2, is it worth it to visit these doctors a few times?

well...i wouldnt say there is a higher risk of dying/getting sick in Asian countries. Some of the best doctors are in Asia. Many have trained internationally. There are cr*p doctors the world over. Its all about research and choosing wisely.

I cannot recommend any peel or laser proceedure, but dermaroller with Dr.Hongcharu at St.Louis Hospital Bankok is around 75GBP / 150USD. I dont know how that compares with cost in the UK or USA. Dr.Hongcharu is the leading doctor in Dermaroller and a collegue of Dr.Chu's. The problem with dermaroller is it is spaced around 2 weeks apart with him, thus may not be cost effective.

Thailand is a well known destination for cheaper surgery, and there are some fine doctors in Bangkok. I believe India is also a good location.

If you wish to persue the idea, I suggest looking into the options and only going through the better known hospitals in the captial cities. Remember to cost in the price of accomodation, living expenses, and flights. And dnnt forget insurance! (and double check they will cover you if any probs).

well...i wouldnt say there is a higher risk of dying/getting sick in Asian countries. Some of the best doctors are in Asia. Many have trained internationally. There are cr*p doctors the world over. Its all about research and choosing wisely.

I cannot recommend any peel or laser proceedure, but dermaroller with Dr.Hongcharu at St.Louis Hospital Bankok is around 75GBP / 150USD. I dont know how that compares with cost in the UK or USA. Dr.Hongcharu is the leading doctor in Dermaroller and a collegue of Dr.Chu's. The problem with dermaroller is it is spaced around 2 weeks apart with him, thus may not be cost effective.

Thailand is a well known destination for cheaper surgery, and there are some fine doctors in Bangkok. I believe India is also a good location.

If you wish to persue the idea, I suggest looking into the options and only going through the better known hospitals in the captial cities. Remember to cost in the price of accomodation, living expenses, and flights. And dnnt forget insurance! (and double check they will cover you if any probs).

thanks, i'll make sure to check it out.

I'm half korean and go there all the time to visit family, and my mom says next time we go she'll take me to get laser surgery cause it works so well and it's cheaper than in the U.S.!! And I think the doctors are great, cause I've seen them on my visits. If you're already on vacay there, I say go for it. Just make sure you really know who you're seeing. Like, you see their credentials and stuff.

Hi. I would also highly recommend (if u'r thinking of going 2 d Philippines) consulting at Dr. Victoria Belo's clinic. All her physicians/staff are well-trained. She's always trying new treatments/machines, but she'll only offer those that have guaranteed results. You can go to her site at www.belomed.com or if u want more information on her just google her or something. Her prices are affordable considering that she's very well-known here.

i was in thailand a few months ago at the phuket international hospital.depends on where you live as the cost of flying there is quite costly.you might want to try mexico if you live in the states.the doctors and care in thailand are top notch.