Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ciro

Needling and Retin-A

Needling is great to lift scars "up". Needling is way safer that TCA and far less expensive than laser bullshit. I've been trying retin-a it seems to be working. Remember have faith, that means a lot, without faith just forget it! If you don't know about needling read up on my posts. LASERS ARE A BIG WASTE OF FAITH AND MONEY!!!! Stop chasing waterfalls stick to the lakes that we are used too :D I wanted the fast route too, lets be realistic, scars didn't form over night, they formed over months or longer. Deep scarring takes commitment not looking at these post with baby scars that promise results. Time heals all

Hey Ciro,

its good to see someone else thats had a good experience with needling! Everyone else is doing fraxel.

Ive had two Roll Cits done, and from what ive been told the more u undergo the better the results although they obviously diminish with each treatment. I'd say from the two ive had so far ive had from (and this is obviously extremely subjective) 50 to 80 % improvement. Hell who can put a number on it, what i can say for sure is that im a hell of alot happier with them now, i can look in the mirror and say "yehhh thats better ay" and not fuss over them.

G's i read uve been doing it urself. Have u had any needling done by a Doc?

err.. so what do you do first??

Surely you can't needle and use retin A at the same time??

err.. so what do you do first??

Surely you can't needle and use retin A at the same time??

Needle. Let it heal. Then retinoid. Retinoids promote collagen building and help plump up the lower layers of skin (one reason they minimize wrinkles and rolling scars).

Needling (medical roller treatments) and retin-a has helped my skin a lot too. I can safely say my first session by 50%. I had my second only a few days ago, so its too early to tell.

Needling (medical roller treatments) and retin-a has helped my skin a lot too. I can safely say my first session by 50%. I had my second only a few days ago, so its too early to tell.

i agreed! needling works like magic! i have done 4 sessions of derma roller. The roller is 1.5mm type and it definitely removes my shallow scarring. But sad to say, i think the deeper scarring might need something longer to break the scars embedded deep underneath.

From reading the Fraxel thread, the general consensus is that while Retin-A helps promote collagen, it infact may inhibit collagen formation and remodelling from techniques/methods to help promote it in the first place, such as needling and Fraxel. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd enquire about this just in case.

By the way, I did 4 sessons of self-needling last year, all a month apart. I was one of the most vigilant about this techniques at the time, hence believe I was doing things correctly, before, during and after each session. Unfortunately it did nothing for my scars. Glad to know the technique is at least helping a few here - all the best :cool:

From reading the Fraxel thread, the general consensus is that while Retin-A helps promote collagen, it infact may inhibit collagen formation and remodelling from techniques/methods to help promote it in the first place, such as needling and Fraxel. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd enquire about this just in case.

By the way, I did 4 sessons of self-needling last year, all a month apart. I was one of the most vigilant about this techniques at the time, hence believe I was doing things correctly, before, during and after each session. Unfortunately it did nothing for my scars. Glad to know the technique is at least helping a few here - all the best :cool:

Like I said, I was one of the most vigilant at the time. If you refer to my older posts , I researched a hell of a lot, collated numerous topics on needling to make it easier for beginners, and enquired furiously with other members who had success in the past, receiving numerous tips and advice from each of them before even attempting it.

Hope lies in how you respond to various techniques for scar revision. For me, needling wasn't at all beneficial. Simple really.

Just updating here. My face seems to have adjusted to the retin-a already. At first I was peeling with a little bit of redness. It's still too soon to say anything about the retin-a, but so far so good my face looks smooth :D It's only been 3 weeks since I started the retin-a treatment. I'm happy with my face, I haven't been 4 a long time, I can hardly wait to see my scars keep dissapearing.

Hello everyone I'm updating you guys and girls on my retin-a treatment on how it's going. It's been 3 months and my face is looking better with every month that goes by. My complexion is way more even the reddish marks my acne scars left are dissapearing. I should have stuck to retin-a a long time ago. But I was to impatient. I'm thinking by 6 or 8 months of treatment my face will be sooo clear! :D Retin-a works people it just takes months

Guest delta force operators

ur talking abotu scars? if so what kind, and do u still needle

The scars are mainly rolling scars. I stopped needling, because my scars are not as deep anymore. the doctor said retin-a would make my scars dissapear. It just takes a while

The scars are mainly rolling scars. I stopped needling, because my scars are not as deep anymore. the doctor said retin-a would make my scars dissapear. It just takes a while

how detectable are ur scars right now, are they hard to see?

I use 0.05%. I use it every night before bed. At first your skin will peel get dry and you are gonna want to stop using it. I apply it on the scars only, but I occationally do apply on the rest of my face. You have to use a level you can tolerate for long term use. I plan on being on it 1 year. My scars are blending in with the rest of my skin. My scars aren't that bad anymore, I know this because I wake up everyday and carry on with my day. Before I would think how horrible I looked all day and sometimes even get anxiety in public. To me now is way better than before. I'm starting to feel like myself again :) Hope is out there! patience is required

so u reccomen needling before retina?

just curious couse ive been on retina about 1 month and 1/2 and i was wondering if i should needle first or stick to the retina

how severe were ur scars and how many sessions of needling did u do before the retina?

pics of progress can give many hope

I needled before starting retin-a. I suggest sticking to the retin-a for atleast 1 year maybe 2 to really get rid of the scars. I'll post every now and then on my results.

so u reccomen needling before retina?

just curious couse ive been on retina about 1 month and 1/2 and i was wondering if i should needle first or stick to the retina

how severe were ur scars and how many sessions of needling did u do before the retina?

pics of progress can give many hope

I use 0.05%. I use it every night before bed. At first your skin will peel get dry and you are gonna want to stop using it. I apply it on the scars only, but I occationally do apply on the rest of my face. You have to use a level you can tolerate for long term use. I plan on being on it 1 year. My scars are blending in with the rest of my skin. My scars aren't that bad anymore, I know this because I wake up everyday and carry on with my day. Before I would think how horrible I looked all day and sometimes even get anxiety in public. To me now is way better than before. I'm starting to feel like myself again :) Hope is out there! patience is required