Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Don't you just hate those people that get right up in your face when they talk to you? I feel like they're examining my acne and I get incredibly self conscious. Anybody else?

I hate that too. It also really bothers me when people who I don't know that well or total strangers invade my personal space bubble. Being in crowds stresses me out.

It's a cultural thing. In some people's culture it's normal to get right up in each other's faces when talking, while other cultures give more space. I was born & raised in the western US, then came to the east, and there are extreme differences even between regions of this country in the way that people communicate--and then you throw in the "ethnic" kind of cultural differences on top of that. So it may be pretty uncomfortable when they get that close, but it doesn't have anything to do with you.

I just hope their breath is okay! :hand:

If someone insists upon stepping in too close to me, I'll step back one step while putting up my hand and tell them they're too close. Not because I care about them examining my face, but because they are usually trying to be intimidating (that's my work experience dealing with some absolutely nutty family members).

I made this thread months ago. :D

I hate close talkers. It's just annoying, really...I don't want to smell your breath when I'm talking to ya. ;)

Guest The Effendi

It's just annoying, wether or not you have bad skin, or you or them

have bad breath, it's just like 'get out of my face' :mad:

I hate it but I have no problem stepping back or telling someone to step back. same with people in line behind me..

step back please..i can feel your breath on me!

I hate it but I have no problem stepping back or telling someone to step back. same with people in line behind me..

step back please..i can feel your breath on me!

Hate it hate it hate it.....the thing I have to keep in mind is that most close talkers are hard of hearing....like the majority of my family...I hate thinking that they are that close to my face and on top of which, they usually have BO or bad breath. :ermm:

haha

Thats a good episode of Seinfeld

but yea i hate it when people get too close and try to talk to me. good thing it doesn't happen much because its weird.

Guest kiwikali
It's cool with me.

that makes four of us.

In europe people will get really close to you. So dont go if you cant handle it.

haha gigi

i make five!!

double kiss

You could always have bad breath, then maybe they won't get too close. That or punch them in the eyes so they can't see in the first place.

:)