Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Lost Weight, Gain Wait, Lose Weight, Gain Weight, etc.

Im so tired of losing weight and then gaining it all back. Ive had a problem with my weight since I was about sixteen. I am not obese by any means but I still am overweight for my height and my age. I wonder how much of it is water retention. I had lost twenty pounds and now Ive gained it all back. Im 5'5 and Im 155 pounds. Im so tired of this. I drink a lot of water and I have to use the bathroom constantly, probably twenty times a day. If I didnt love sweets so much I dont think I would have this problem. I am so addicted to sweets! I always feel hungry. I am never full! I drink mostly water and no soda. One would think with all the amount of water I drink that I would lose weight but Im not. Im gaining. Ive never weighed more than 159 pounds though. My metabolism sucks! It is so hard almost near impossible for me to lose weight. Even when I wasnt eating ice cream and a lot of other junk foods, I couldnt get below 140, no matter how hard Ive tried. Im frustrated :wall:

What else do you do besides diet? Do you do any type of cardio, exercise, etc? If you want to lose weight you may have to do more then just cut down on sweets hun.

What else do you do besides diet? Do you do any type of cardio, exercise, etc? If you want to lose weight you may have to do more then just cut down on sweets hun.

Guest The Effendi

Stress? My sister said she was having that same problem(a little while back),

but it was her first year of college. Now it's summer, she dropped that

weight off. And now she knows it was 'cause of stress...................so, maybe?

I think its more than stress. Im always stressed. I feel like a fat cow, Im sick and tired of always having to pee. I blame that on Celexa :wall:

I walk up and down the halls of a nursing home eight hours a day five to six days a week.

I'm the same way, hon. I'm addicted to sugar. Unlike you, however, I don't drink enough water. I hate feeling like I have to pee, and I can't duck out for enough breaks at work; most of the time, I'm dehydrated (I bet my skin would really clear up if I drank more. o.o) and it's sad, because I really do like water.

Your weight is pretty much in the healthy range. Only weigh yourself in the morning, though, after you pee (and/or poo xD). It'll give you a much more accurate idea than say, ten pm after eating all day and a full bladder.

As far as the weight yo-yo, I can totally relate. My weight usually bounces back and forth between five and ten pounds, and it drives me insane because when it's on the low side, I feel great and thin and happy, and when it's on the high side, I'm miserable and hate myself and berate myself for being fat. Weight fluctuations are normal, though.

Maybe we can keep each other in check when it comes to sugar. I have a period coming up this week, though, so I'm going to be a sugar/carb monster.

I think its more than stress. Im always stressed. I feel like a fat cow, Im sick and tired of always having to pee. I blame that on Celexa :wall:

I'm the same way, hon. I'm addicted to sugar. Unlike you, however, I don't drink enough water. I hate feeling like I have to pee, and I can't duck out for enough breaks at work; most of the time, I'm dehydrated (I bet my skin would really clear up if I drank more. o.o) and it's sad, because I really do like water.

Your weight is pretty much in the healthy range. Only weigh yourself in the morning, though, after you pee (and/or poo xD). It'll give you a much more accurate idea than say, ten pm after eating all day and a full bladder.

As far as the weight yo-yo, I can totally relate. My weight usually bounces back and forth between five and ten pounds, and it drives me insane because when it's on the low side, I feel great and thin and happy, and when it's on the high side, I'm miserable and hate myself and berate myself for being fat. Weight fluctuations are normal, though.

Maybe we can keep each other in check when it comes to sugar. I have a period coming up this week, though, so I'm going to be a sugar/carb monster.

I suggest doing yoga/cardio atleast 5 days a week. I know this sounds harsh but this migh do it. Exercise from work doesn't seem to help so maybe try this?

remember portions. though you do love sweets limit yourself. if you have that candy bar in the afternoon just make sure you say no later on in the day. if you want to stay on a low cal diet-type eating, try eating 2 hershey kisses a day so you dont deprive yourself and than go crazy a week after not having your favorite sweets.

Hi Molly!

I noticed you said you're always hungry. I find that eating small frequent meals throughout the day makes me feel ever so much better. One of those small meals could be a piece of beef jerky or something high in protein. Protein is so much more filling than carbs and lasts longer, energy wise, as well. Eating a little something every two or so hours really helps one feel good. :)

Try something at work: when you're walking at work, pick up your speed, take longer strides, hold your head up, swing your arms. And realize that you are burning a great deal of energy with the work that you do. It should help you tone up quite a bit.

Also, eat more fiber! I hear fiber makes you feel fuller. Eat your meals slow so you know when you do feel full. Also, drink a big glass of water before eating so you don't overeat aaaand instead eat many small meals throughout the day (as Wynne said =]) Cardio is pretty important too... do you have a tredmill or exercise bike? I try to go on my stationary bike a few times a week or more. If not, just go out for a run each morning or something.

Substitute some of the foods you eat with vegetables.

Vegetables are like nature supplement-pills and have the highest nutrition index around.

But they also fill you up and you feel less hungry and the fibers help too.

Hi Molly!

I noticed you said you're always hungry. I find that eating small frequent meals throughout the day makes me feel ever so much better. One of those small meals could be a piece of beef jerky or something high in protein. Protein is so much more filling than carbs and lasts longer, energy wise, as well. Eating a little something every two or so hours really helps one feel good. :)

Try something at work: when you're walking at work, pick up your speed, take longer strides, hold your head up, swing your arms. And realize that you are burning a great deal of energy with the work that you do. It should help you tone up quite a bit.

First (if you haven't done this) find your basal metabolic rate, and deduct ~500 calories off it to give you a decent, safe, estimate of how many calories you need to lose a pound of weight a week. Losing weight almost always involves losing muscle mass so be aware that the 20 pounds you lost was comprised of some muscle tissue, which worries me because if you gained it all back I don't think it was muscle you added on.

Adding muscle though, religiously commited wise, will only get you about 1-2 pounds of solid muslce a month, so in reality it's easier to lose fat than gain muscle. So this is why weight lifting, or strength training, is very important if one doesn't desire to lose the muscle, but want to lose the fat. You can still loose weight if your calories are low enough without exercise, but that's not always reccomended. FitDay.com is a great place to keep track of calories. I'm sure you prolly know a lot of what Im saying, but dont give up=)

Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but the little things can make a difference! For example, if you eat white bread with butter, switch to wheat bread with maybe some low fat cream cheese or honey (i'm a cream cheese person.. not the healthiest but oh well :P.) If you eat a sugary cereal, switch to something like raisin bran or cheerios.... or even better, oatmeal! When i'm craving sweets (which is often), I found it helps to eat an apple. That always satisfies my sweets craving and makes me feel full after. If you drink milk, make sure its skim... and thats all I can come up with for now :P but you get the idea.

Thatd be great if we could do that! Thanks for the suggestion smile.gif Im on my period now blah

I was just thinking. Do you know how much weight water is?

Here's the best advice I can give you:

When you go grocery shopping, don't buy sweets...because if they're in your home, you will eat them. Thats what I do (or don't do). I love sweets too and it's really hard for me to resist them so I just don't buy them at all. However, when I have to satisfy my sweet tooth, I buy little york peppermint patties and have a few every once in a while.

Thatd be great if we could do that! Thanks for the suggestion smile.gif Im on my period now blah

I was just thinking. Do you know how much weight water is?

I haven't messed up yet today; I was craving sugar so I split a nectarine with hubby, then had some strawberries, and of course, I attacked a sandwich. I'm eyeballing the last of the fudge in the freezer, though, and it's not even mine. It'd be horrible of me to finish it off when I already promised husband he could have the last bite (especially since I ate most of it in the first place).

Water weight in you? It varies. But it's about 8.35lb per gallon, so it could make a big difference in your weight if you just chugged a tall glass of water.

Today I had salad for breakfast. :D Yep, I really did. It is leftover from last night's dinner. It has crumbled bacon (real bacon, less than a 1/4 cup in the whole huge salad), light ham packed in water, mixed greens including spinach, a bit of cheese, green peppers, cucumbers, onions. I eat it with or without salad dressing. I love olive oil and vinegar dressing with a bit of garlic and black pepper.

For a snack...a baked sweet potato with a dollop of molasses and cinnamon.

For lunch...rye bread sandwich with cream cheese, meat, cheese, salad greens.

Snack: sugar free jello with fresh chopped pears and apples put in halfway through the gelling process.

For dinner...MORE salad. Love the stuff. :D

Another snack: some nuts (a half cup worth). Good protein.

Now I'm hungry again so I'm going to raid the fridge. :D

Today I had salad for breakfast. :D Yep, I really did. It is leftover from last night's dinner. It has crumbled bacon (real bacon, less than a 1/4 cup in the whole huge salad), light ham packed in water, mixed greens including spinach, a bit of cheese, green peppers, cucumbers, onions. I eat it with or without salad dressing. I love olive oil and vinegar dressing with a bit of garlic and black pepper.

For a snack...a baked sweet potato with a dollop of molasses and cinnamon.

For lunch...rye bread sandwich with cream cheese, meat, cheese, salad greens.

Snack: sugar free jello with fresh chopped pears and apples put in halfway through the gelling process.

For dinner...MORE salad. Love the stuff. :D

Another snack: some nuts (a half cup worth). Good protein.

Now I'm hungry again so I'm going to raid the fridge. :D

I would guess that you are insulin resistant and have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Google it and read about it if you don't already know.

If you do have it, you will have to change your diet, start exercising, and possibly be on Metformin which is a drug that improves insulin resistance.