Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicole38

Fraxel or Portrait?

hi-i am new to this messageboard. i live in an area where fraxel costs 1700 per treatment and they recommend at least 3. my current doctor recommends portrait (she does not do fraxel) and that will cost 4,000. i have a consultation about fraxel on friday but i'm not sure which one i will see more dramatic results with-the portrait treatment or a series of fraxel treatments. My doctor said she will do the portrait on a really really high level on me because my scars are so severe so I am leaning towards that but it seems like most people have had fraxel and not as many have done portrait. Any information on portrait or fraxel stories would be helpful. thanks!

Portrait seems to be better at tissue tightening for wrinkles and superficial scars, almost as good as C02 and much safer. Fraxel can go deeper to remodel scar tissue without the risks of deep full resurfacing, but you need at least 5 sessions.