Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hopeful lad

Im already a lightweight/skinny...

...so cutting out cereals and dairy from my diet will just make me even thinner wont it?

to be honest, im 19 yr old lad, about 5'10 and to weigh just 8 stone is already far to skinny for my liking.....but ive always been comfortable with it becuase i eat loads and am fine playing competitive football and so on.

But to start cutting things out of my diet scares me, for ages ive been trying to eat more healthy meals and stuff to "fill out" and bulk me up a bit, none of it has worked. No matter what i eat it dosn't affect my weight.

anyone with any advice/thoughts, please help me!

post-29249-1184088810_thumb.jpg

post-29249-1184088810_thumb.jpg

Guest The Effendi
...so cutting out cereals and dairy from my diet will just make me even thinner wont it?

yes you will, replacing grains with fruits/veggies will make you lose weight unfortunately

yes you will, replacing grains with fruits/veggies will make you lose weight unfortunately

as you can tell im useless!!

So when i go to the supermarket i need some sunflower seeds?! are they in bags like raisens?

are raisens okay to eat by the way? and by beans you didn't mean tinned right?

as you can tell im useless!!

So when i go to the supermarket i need some sunflower seeds?! are they in bags like raisens?

are raisens okay to eat by the way? and by beans you didn't mean tinned right?

so tins of Heinze soup and beans and so on are not bad for us?

im going to avoid milk and cheese, and chocoloate if i can! and also potatoes, see if it makes any difference. Ive done roaccutane, half my problem is red marks and stuff, so anything to improve complexion is great, at the same time not giving me new acne obviously.

thanks for your help. I go for a run every other day and have some weights in the garage i do a few lifts on, and i eat loads, but still am a skinny thing!

I can't gain weight even if I want to. Hard I tell you. My metabolism is just so high I'd have to eat a metric-s**t-ton of full a day just to be able to put on enough weight. This for muscle building? If so, eggs for breakfast is good. An egg has like 8g, and I can easily eat 3 eggs. I am going to try to cut dairy because I know it's not that great for me.

Basically to put on weight all you can do is eat, exercise and turn it into muscle.

so tins of Heinze soup and beans and so on are not bad for us?

im going to avoid milk and cheese, and chocoloate if i can! and also potatoes, see if it makes any difference. Ive done roaccutane, half my problem is red marks and stuff, so anything to improve complexion is great, at the same time not giving me new acne obviously.

thanks for your help. I go for a run every other day and have some weights in the garage i do a few lifts on, and i eat loads, but still am a skinny thing!

Are you really 5'10" or are you just friends with really tall girls?

Sunflower seeds are high in omega 6 fatty acids. This isn't relating to acne but health in general. As with most things(Sodium/potassium another common one), ratios are important. Make sure that you are getting some other fats in your diet if you decide to eat a ton of nuts(Most likely omega 3 rich flax and walnuts won't do anythign for you). Balance it out with the avocados and olive oils. As a bonus you will gain much needed calories from this.

No matter what view of weight gain you hold, it's best to eat proteins after a fast or after exercise. You're body will take more in. This means eat a protein rich breakfast(Well a big breakfast in general), and after football or whatever else you you do for sport. Or if you work and don't eat for 6 or so hours like some I know, eat protein after you are done.

People who say they can't gain weight are the same that say they can't lose weight. They are both just going about it wrong. Disregarding muscle gain, weight loss and weight gain breaks down to just excess calories. You either want them or not. It's up to you to find out acurately how much you burn in a day. The more muscle you have the more you will burn. The higher metabolism you have, whether natural, through being active(HIIT is famous for this), etc... the more you will burn.

Also watch out for legumes and fiber. 35grams is a lot and a good amount depending on your weight but 100grams isn't. And it's very possible if you substitute your animal proteins for legumes you will get that much. I can get 30grams in a sitting with lentils and veggies no problem.

Do a search for things like cholesterol and such. Unless your diet is horrid your body produces the majority of cholesterol no matter what you eat. It's also found that arterial plaque is more composed of omega 6 fatty acids than saturated fats. People here like to reference obscure tribes on islands or what we ate 100's of years ago and up to very recently the majority of our fat intake was saturated and monosaturated. If you look at the studies done, it's actually a high intake of polyunsaturated fats that are linked to many diseases.

I have tried to find a whole site taht summarized my feelings about fats that was easy to read and gave you a stepping stone into journal research. This page is quite good. Read it and form your own opinions.

http://bodye.com/reports/satfat2.htm

Youre lucky! Wanna trade places. No matter what I eat, I cannot lose weight and keep it off

For the purpose of just gaining weight, I should have also added that starchy veggies, like carrots, corn, potatoes, etc, and whole-grains will also help. :)

If you want to gain weight, you need to start eating every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. eat eat eat.

..really. it's that simple.

and if you don't want to gain fat you need to lift weights to gain muscles. To put on weight you must consume more calories than you expend. There's plenty of sites on the internet that can give you mass gain diets.

Thanks guys. And those girls are quite tall i guess, both cheating with heals i suspect. At least im taller than one of them!

to be honest there is no urgent problem, im still young and growing anyway, just id like to fill out a bit more. Ill start eating some of these nuts and things then, see if it makes a difference, the cost of munching on fruits all day is huge though!

what do you guys think about products like Quorn?

Thanks guys. And those girls are quite tall i guess, both cheating with heals i suspect. At least im taller than one of them!

to be honest there is no urgent problem, im still young and growing anyway, just id like to fill out a bit more. Ill start eating some of these nuts and things then, see if it makes a difference, the cost of munching on fruits all day is huge though!

what do you guys think about products like Quorn?

i think this man is looking for calorie dense acne-friendly foods

not nutrient dense foods filled with fiber and water, we all know what those are

i think this man is looking for calorie dense acne-friendly foods

not nutrient dense foods filled with fiber and water, we all know what those are

Well I don't think you need more fat in your body (and probably you have visceral fat to loose to) So the weight you need is lean tissue. But in order to increase your lean tissues you can't just eat more but you need to exercise as well. Keep in mind that if you eat a lot and still weight not much is either because you have not enough muscles or you don't assimilate food well because of your diet (or a combination of both) You need to match exercise (resistance training, free weight, bodyweight, swimming) with 400-500 calories more everyday from healthy clean sources.

Cyph31 and ~ Acne Be Gone Fairy ~ : your both great so thanks for the advice etc!

Yea calorie dense healthy foods, along with loads of fruits and veggies is what im trying to do, but going out to dinner/drink and even having a quick brekfast or something....are all hard situations whereby you can eat vegetables!

I go for jogs and do some basic weights until my arms strain, do sit ups to etc, but it just seems to keep me trim and slim, rather than any bulging muscles appearing! Might try to do some regular swimming then, will this be okay for the face etc?

thanks guys

if anything swimming should help your skin whether it is sea water with all its salt or pool water with all its chlorine

to grow muscle i would advise to stick to 5-10 reps per set and do as much reps as that muscle group can possibly do with every ounce of effort you are putting into it at the time

it's the last few reps of a set where you are trembling to complete the motions that actually stimulate your muscles to grow instead of relax back to their previous state eventually

feel the burn ! embrace it !

Avacado and nuts keep on the health fat.

Both have enough fat as ice cream, but in a healthy way. And nuts are very high in protein.

the more avocado, nuts, seeds, eggs, olive oil, etc. you pile on the more you have to compensate with omega 3 sources like fatty fish (VERY expensive), fish oil supplements, flax, etc. unless you want to send your inflammation through the roof throughout your body