Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok Ive been on it for 5 days now at 3 grams a day. How can I tell if I need more? I dont know what dosage I should be on. How much time should I give it on 3 grams?

So far Ive had a couple tiny pimples, but they were gone within a day with barely any mark, which is surprising. I dont know if this is from the B5 working or not. But Im sure its kicking in or started to...cause on the 2nd day I got constipation and had a bad case of diarea. And since then, I fart alot, and smell ones at that. Sorry for the image, but I had to put it out to let you know.

ANyways, plese help this old man

I dont knwo cause right now I just have 2 cysts that are almost gone, 1 pimple that is almost gone adn thast it. I mean is B5 even nessecary for me? If not, then i would prefer the healthy route.....im already taking all the essential vitamins and fish oils, primrose etc.

IMO keep taking it, if you alter something now then it might come back, I'd play it safe, no harm in taking B5 for prolonged periods so long as you don't exceed 10 grams a day.

^Yeh what pete sed. smile.gif

An ya might be doing this already, but try an split the dosages up into quartely sections, for eg, 1 gram after breakie, dinner an tea. Not all at once. biggrin.gif

--j

Didn't say that if you read it again, if he keeps doing what hes doing then it should stay static, it wont hurt taking it but if he stops then it COULD be a factor which might make it worse. So basically... shurrup biggrin.gif

how do you know it won't hurt if he keeps taking 3g/day? what your sources documenting prolonged periods of pantothenic acid in a dose of 3g/day, besides internet messageboards?

nobody knows what prolonged periods of a megadose of b5 use does, which was my point.

My god, find me one bit of evidence that it's harmeful to the body (im talking major illness etc not the bloody shits) and I'll retract my comment. Until then if it works don't knock it.

You guys can say what you want...but B5 has more side effects than I think some of you are aware of. It gave me quite a good amount of trouble....I posted the problems it gave me already twice, so I wont repeat it a third time, however needless to say, dont tell people this bull that it is all healthy to be taking 5-10 grams a day of a vitamin. Because it isnt and I speak from personal experience.

You guys can say what you want...but B5 has more side effects than I think some of you are aware of. It gave me quite a good amount of trouble....I posted the problems it gave me already twice, so I wont repeat it a third time, however needless to say, dont tell people this bull that it is all healthy to be taking 5-10 grams a day of a vitamin. Because it isnt and I speak from personal experience.

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=16186

and

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=16145

here. I have no reason to make this up, and I am not mistaken about it being the B5, I am 100% sure it is the B5, so is my doctor, and so is my family. Believe me, I was in denial for a little praying it wasnt the B5 because it was working for me and everything...but then this shit started happening and I realized I had to stop.

You didn't have to stop, you could have reduced your dosage and monitor your blood pressure daily... did you think about it? *just a suggestion*

our systems all react differently

Actually I did have to stop, my mom confiscated all my pills and the doctor told me to stop doing them or he wouldnt be able to run any tests or remedy the situation. I HAD to stop. But thats besides the point, yes, i hypothetically could have reduced the dosage and monitered it daily but I mean seriously wake up and smell the coffee......B5 is not as healthy and safe as people want to think. My kidneys were dangerously close to serious failure from this fucking B5 for a month or so. You can feed me all the bullshit about it being "water soluble" or "perfectly safe"...the fact is it is half-truths. I know from experience that these perefectly safe, no side-effects, water soluble pills caused me some serious damage. JUST now 4 MONTHS later is my blood pressure starting to stabalize. I would have to be brain dead to have continued. My god man, I went through extensive tetsing because my doctor was so worried of my health, I did a heart scan, renal scan, ultrasounds, blood tests. It wasnt a laughing matter where I can just lower the dosage and everything will be fixed. I dont think I made that clear enough.

I mean I admit that for some people B5 has seemingly no bad effects, and I also admit B5 does work....but when it gets to the point where I am permanently damaging my kidneys filtering ability...thats the end of the line. Maybe i am unlucky and it works for everyone but me....this is very doubtful....I think we are just yet to discover the problems associated with mega dosing the vitamin..well..i discovered it early.

Oh and if u think I am exaggerating...well trust me I am not. I just went though all this shit, and I am perfectly capable of accurately telling what happened...so dont say "well, it wasnt as serious as you think, or B5 is safe so it musta been something else"...thats wrong when it comes to my case. I thot at first maybe I have weak kidneys or liver or something....thats not the case either.

XGamerX,

I believe you are not exaggerating. I don't want to rehash for the umpteenth time my B5 experience, but it wasn't good. I had headaches, bad gas, diarrhea, muscle aches, and bad dreams. I just didn't feel right while on it. It's funny that the same topics recycle over and over on these boards. A new breed of B5 users is born, endless questions are asked, glowing results are posted, message threads grow and grow, warnings are posted, bad experiences are discovered, and finally, the B5 users fade away. I think the Acne Cure thread is ready for a second go around about now, don't you?

P.S. I still say shea butter sux!!! biggrin.gif/

XGamerX,

do you take other medications, or do you suffer from anything else? Were you perfectly in shape before you used B5 ? I'm not saying that you are telling here is bull, I just want to know more about your health, before B5.

XGamerX, 

do you take other medications, or do you suffer from anything else? Were you perfectly in shape before you used B5 ? I'm not saying that you are telling here is bull, I just want to know more about your health, before B5.

Yes it does, thanks. I appreciate that you take the time to answer the questions, and I have to admit that it's a sad story. I hope you are doing well now.

I'm on B5 right now and I'll make sure I check my blood pressure very often, thansk for the heads up. I am also worried because I'm using swanson vitamins aswell.

Hey fred, it was no problem answering the questions, I just wanted to give you all a heads up because I dont want you all to have to go through what I had to. So please, DO check your blood pressure at least every 2 weeks or so. Do it for your self and for your health in general. I wish I would have had someone to warn me of the potential problems, I never would have went about 5 grams.

Anyways, I have found different ways to deal with acne, and they are working almost as well and are much safer....However they are less convenient.

Well, as of right now I am doing a 2 part combo to fight my acne.

1) A topical treatment

2) (Non mega-dosing, actually safe dosages) of vitamin supplements.

My topical treatment consists of essentially Burts Bees Soap/Toner, Botchlas Regimen (customized), and Shea Butter. The funny thing is, I didnt even read the Botchla Regimen, I just somehow managed to end up using those 2 items and later I found out that Botchla also reccomended it. The topical treatment is the bulk of what I do now, and it works well.

Also, after I stopped B5, I began reading more about vitamins and supplements, and I found some interesting articles about the dangers of mega dosing that are not at all related to it being "water soluble" or not. It turns out that vitamins are very "ratio" based and not only Vitamin B, but almost all the Vitamins (such as A, B, C, Zinc, etc) work synergystically as in they all work together. By taking B5 (megadosing) EVEN with a B-100 complex, you are severely throwing off the ratio of nutrients, and this can cause long term but often slow to appear problems, some of which are subtle deficiencies in certain enzymes and proteins built by some of the vitamins. Sometimes these problems cause serious effects, sometimes the ratio problems dont do much at all, its pretty unpredicatable really, based on your specific DNA and genetics and luck.

So, I found that many acne studies have all found some interesting but commonly unused piece of information. Almost EVERYONE who has medium to serious acne has seemingly small deficiencies in one of 6 or 7 different vitamins. I mean literally anyone who has acne has a deficiency (however small) in one of these 6 or 7 different nutrients or more than one. So using this info, and also info on the all important, Glutathione, I decided to start taking supplements for all the 7 nutrients in specific doses as well as taking NAC. However, the ratio and synergy idea stuck with me, so I am painstakingly making sure that I keep it all in balance.

Luckily it wasnt as hard as you might think, seeing as plenty of people have helped lead me to the stuff I need, and I found the product that I need which gives me the all in one vitamins I need. I now take 4 pills a day, and they contain no more than 1g of a given nutrient, which gives us safe dosage.

Anyways, thats my 2 part system, i know thats a long post, if you actually read through it all, I'd be surprised. Oh, and if you feel inclined to ask for "links or proof" to back up my assertions, sorry, too lazy for that. I dont expect you to believe what I am saying, only believe one thing:

My face is really close to 100% free of active acne. I admit I have some scarring and red marks, but none of it is active acne and it is all fading more and more by the day. The combo really works like a charm for me, so while I do miss B5 and its convenience, I guess I found a decent alternative). Oh, but unfortunately the combo DOESNT fix oil production at all, so I have to use "oil absorbing wipes" to fend off all the damn oil. As you can see all this stuff can get expensive....I often wonder if its worth all this shit just for a clear face....I hate the people who get a clear face with such ease.