Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titan44

whats better...clearasil deep pore treatment lotion or clean & clear deep cleansing lotion?

hi, ive used both of these and had really good results with the clearasil but after about 4 weeks i broke out n decided to change to the clean & clear lotion.. both contain 2% salicylic acid. however, ive been using the clean & clean one for almost a week now, twice a day and my acne has got worse. i have decided to go back to the clearasil lotion instead as i had good results using that for about 4-5 weeks or so. do you think the clean & clear one isnt as good and thats why it broke me out? any ideas etc would be great..thanks

I hate clean and clear toners because literally all of their toners contain alcohol denatured as the second ingredient which is very bad. I have never been a fan of their products either. I'm also thinking that the SA which they made is also not at PH 4 which is the supposedly PH for SA to work. SA not made at the correct PH could be an irritant as well, maybe that's why you got worse.

If the clearasil is working then maybe you should continue it but in my opinion it also sucks as well because of the alcohol denatured again as the second ingredient in their ultra acne clearing astrigent( I checked the ingredient list). As you know, alcohol in any product is a no no for acne sufferers. I suggest you get a toner without alcohol.

Good luck!