Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

So I've been checking out Acne.org for a while now and I had always read the message boards but never figured I would have any input. After reading a bunch of the red mark threads, I learned about Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and some other techniques to help rid of redmarks (my problem). After deciding to give the ACV trick a shot, I felt compelled to let you all know that it really did work for me.

My routine was: in the morning, after showering, apply slightly diluted ACV toner when face is dry. I let this dry for 10 minutes (I go eat breakfast or whatever I do before work), then apply Benzoyl Peroxide (proactiv kind). Then, I put about 2-3 teaspoons of ACV into a bottle of water, and add a little baking soda to raise the pH so it does not damage my teeth. I head off to work and drink that water in about an hour. When I get home from work around 5, I was my face with a dove soap bar very gently, dry, then exfoliate with baking soda (although recently I've been doing this much less and still seeing the same results), dry, then apply ACV toner again. I usually wait for a half hour until its completely dry, then I fill up another bottle of water with another 2-3 teaspoons of ACV and baking soda, then I go excercise or play basketball. At night, I wash my face, then apply the egg/lemon juice mask for 20 minutes (been doing this less as well). Then I shower, apply BP, and head off to bed. I've done this for about 3-4 weeks now...

And Seriously, my red marks have faded SO much! Also, I no longer break out, and I used to break out very badly very often. I still get one or two tiny little whiteheads from time to time, but nothing serious at all. I'm very very happy with these results, and I still do have some PIH, but it is going away with a combination of time and this regimen (which is in no way unique, I read it in the OMG YOU MUST TRY THIS post). Seriously, I think everybody should give this a try, it has really really helped me. Also worth mentioning is that I do excercise often, as well as eat very healthy, and I drink one cup of green tea every morning. If you have any questions please post, I will try to answer you! I don't have any pictures of before and after, unfortunately, because I don't have a digital camera. Give this a shot though, take my word for it. It did help me a lot

I was wondering if it evened out your skin tone any? i have some blotches here and there and i want something thats going to even my skin out a little....

I was wondering if it evened out your skin tone any? i have some blotches here and there and i want something thats going to even my skin out a little....

it did improve my skin tone. It got rid of a lot of red blotchiness. When you first apply it as a toner it makes the redness stand out a bit more, but when it dries in your skin looks more even, I've found.

I started out using 50/50 water/acv, and after the first couple days or so i added more ACV without adding more water. Now I just use ACV neat and it doesn't bother me at all. I add a little water sometimes to make sure I'm not inadvertantly hurting my skin

cool, congrats on the result :dance:

i was wondering, does it matter what you put in with the ACV when you drink it? I recently started mixing it with beverages like coke or ginger ale and it tastes a lot better - I wonder if it would decrease its potency? :think:

that's such great news! I'm happy for you. I tried ACV and it made my skin glow and it had such a nice tone..BUT I started getting small bumps all over my face so I had to stop..I wish I could of continued.

I have a question about the egg treatment, what exactly do you do? take just the egg whites and just kinda put them on your face? Because I've been using a system of in the morning, apply a BP cleanser, then ACV, then a thick BP solution, and just do that morning and night. ITs helped my skin tone tremendously but I still get annoying break outs a lot and it really bugs me. Would drinking the ACV help with that as well? Thanks for your help

Rakku- I'm not exactly sure if it decreases the potency or not (my guess is no), but mixing ACV with another beverage makes it a hell of a lot easier to get down, and it is also safer for your teeth because straight ACV can erode enamel. What I usually do is put a couple tablespoons into a poland spring bottle, then at a little bit of baking soda to raise the pH a little more just to be safe. I suggest you try this once to see how you like it. It doesn't taste as bad and it kind of reminds me of soda because the baking soda adds carbonation haha. If youre just putting it in coke or ginger ale and it's working for you, stick with that then cause its basically the same thing.

ThatAznKid- I'm white with a little color and my skin isn't that sensitive, so I'm not really sure. I know when I first started applying ACV my skin got more sensitive to the sun and tighter, and then when that passed (after moisturizing for a few days) my acne and redmarks started to clear dramatically. If nothing else is working for you and you're not allergic to ACV, dilute it water (start with 50/50) and see how your skin reacts.

Tsunami- I'm sorry :( I hope you're not allergic to it

GrimZ- For the egg treatment, all I do is crack an egg into a bowl and whip it up with yolk and all. Then I either cut a lemon in half and squeeze all the juice into it or if I'm feeling real lazy I just use that lemon juice stuff from the yellow lemon bottle, which probably isn't the best idea. Then i whip it up a little more, go to the nearest sink and apply it to my face using my hands until my face is covered. I usually use about half of what's in the bowl, then I cover the rest with seram wrap and put it in the fridge to use the next day. I leave it on for 15-20 minutes then I just wash my face with water or just take a shower and pat dry. That's all there is to it!

I totally agree with you! ACV is a godsend! I take it orally (4 tsp a day, 2 in the morning, 2 at night) and also apply ACV (half water, half ACV) to my face. It worked miracles! Besides helping my red marks fade, it also helped my overall skin complexion, and to control my oil production. I've been applying an aspirin mask once a week, and it also helped me a lot with the red marks.

The Dude - Congratulations firstly! Secondly how bad were your red marks? Because some people exaggerate how bad there marks are (not saying you are) lol Would you be able to find a picture on google or maybe you have one before of how your red marks looked so people can see if it will work for them :o

GrimZ- For the egg treatment, all I do is crack an egg into a bowl and whip it up with yolk and all. Then I either cut a lemon in half and squeeze all the juice into it or if I'm feeling real lazy I just use that lemon juice stuff from the yellow lemon bottle, which probably isn't the best idea. Then i whip it up a little more, go to the nearest sink and apply it to my face using my hands until my face is covered. I usually use about half of what's in the bowl, then I cover the rest with seram wrap and put it in the fridge to use the next day. I leave it on for 15-20 minutes then I just wash my face with water or just take a shower and pat dry. That's all there is to it!