Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScoobyDoo

5 Months post tane today!!

Today is my 5 month anniversary of ending my tane course. I am still completely clear, my skin looks great, and all my side effects went away a long time ago. :dance:

congrats. i enjoy reading these type of threads, they give me hope.

i'm finishing month 2 and still breaking out horribly. but hopefully it'll get better.

Congratulations! Very cool.

Is your skin still smooth like it was on Tane? Is your face less oily now after Tane? What skincare and topicals are you using now? Makeup?

I'mm 3 months into Tane and love the results so far too. Smooth skin and no acne. I find I can literally put anything on my face (gentle of course) but I don't breakout. Previous to Tane, I'd breakout each day with atleast a pimple or two (eventhough my makeup is oil free). Tane is really amazing.

Congrats again on your success.

Yvette

Today is my 5 month anniversary of ending my tane course. I am still completely clear, my skin looks great, and all my side effects went away a long time ago. :dance:

congrats. just lets hope i will be in your position soon. i just want that tane glow and just to be able to get on with life normally without worrying and hopefully buid up my confidence to a level that im happy with...... pluss have the confidence to meet a partner. people just dont know how acne can effect a persons life but tanes an amazing drug (considering the state of my skin at the min) and i shall just let it do its work :]

good luck everyone else

I'm happy for you!

Did you have oily skin? I do and I'm concerned that acne will come back because of it! The oil has lessoned alot since accutane but not gone. Will the oilyness go away eventually during treatment and stay away? I hope so. I'm currently in my 4th week, 30 mg once a day, and weigh about 130 lb. Will my doctor up the dosage? or am I taking enough? I too have mild/mod acne and 40 years old and hope this will end most of my acne problems.

Yvette...

Yes...my skin is smooth, my face is most definitely less oily. I used to use the oil blotting tissues several times a day, I don't use them at all now. My face is not dry, just feels normal.

I still use the Aveeno Ultra Calming products. I use Almay liquid foundation. It is the skin clearing one and it has a small amount of salicylic acid in it. I also use the Neutrogena dry sun screen lotion. In the mornings in the shower, I use an Aveeno face exfoliator that is gentle and made to fight aging.

At night I use Tri Luma Cream (prescription only) to fade sun damage and some dark spots from old acne scars (non pitted). It has a low dose of Retin A in it, so it does help keep the pores clear.

I'm happy for you!

Did you have oily skin? I do and I'm concerned that acne will come back because of it! The oil has lessoned alot since accutane but not gone. Will the oilyness go away eventually during treatment and stay away? I hope so. I'm currently in my 4th week, 30 mg once a day, and weigh about 130 lb. Will my doctor up the dosage? or am I taking enough? I too have mild/mod acne and 40 years old and hope this will end most of my acne problems.

I'm 5 months post tane as well except my skin has returned to being really oily and i'm starting to break out again =( I want to jump straight back onto it.

Hi there -

I'm totally happy for you. I hope I can achieve your results. Just to not have acne for atleast a year would be good. Before Tane, I would get atleast one pimple a day.... Eventhough I used to get facials once a month (gentle of course) my blackheads on my nose would crop back up quick. Not on Tane. :) How about you prior to Tane? Did you wear the same makeup then versus now? Do you feel you can put different products on your face now and it not breakout? Like your skin is kinda re-programmed or changed? I worry that my results won't last.....

I'm on very low dose (20mg day) and in month three. My Derm. may move me to 30mg day month 4. We are taking it slow and cautious, because I have sensitive skin and mild Rosacea (pink cheeks and nose). I don't want my face red/peely like a tomatoe. Right now, the 20mg has rid me of the chin acne (clear since month one) and eliminated my oily t-zone. Smooth skin too - gotta love that. It hasn't increased my redness, which is good. I'm sure I will have to take Tane a little longer to get the cummulative dosage around 120mg per KG. Probably another two months.

By the way, what movie or book are you referring to "The Secret"?

Thanks millions again.

Yvette

Yvette...

Yes...my skin is smooth, my face is most definitely less oily. I used to use the oil blotting tissues several times a day, I don't use them at all now. My face is not dry, just feels normal.

I still use the Aveeno Ultra Calming products. I use Almay liquid foundation. It is the skin clearing one and it has a small amount of salicylic acid in it. I also use the Neutrogena dry sun screen lotion. In the mornings in the shower, I use an Aveeno face exfoliator that is gentle and made to fight aging.

At night I use Tri Luma Cream (prescription only) to fade sun damage and some dark spots from old acne scars (non pitted). It has a low dose of Retin A in it, so it does help keep the pores clear.