Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alpha_29

Over use of Corticosteroid (Diprosone G)

My aunt gave me a corticosteriod cream, Diprosone G, to help with my jawline acne. I used it for a period of 6 months starting in December of 2006 and ending at the beginning of May 07'. It initially helped for the first 3-4 months, but then lost its effectiveness.

Because of the my usage, I have developed inflamed white heads and cysts on the exact locations where I used the cream before. My lower cheeks and jawline are horribly red.

I now know about the effects of corticosteroids. How long do you guys think this will continue or until my body can re-adjust to not using the cream anymore? I currently saw my GP and he gave me oral tetracycline and topical erythromycin. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My aunt gave me a corticosteriod cream, Diprosone G, to help with my jawline acne. I used it for a period of 6 months starting in December of 2006 and ending at the beginning of May 07'. It initially helped for the first 3-4 months, but then lost its effectiveness.

Because of the my usage, I have developed inflamed white heads and cysts on the exact locations where I used the cream before. My lower cheeks and jawline are horribly red.

I now know about the effects of corticosteroids. How long do you guys think this will continue or until my body can re-adjust to not using the cream anymore? I currently saw my GP and he gave me oral tetracycline and topical erythromycin. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

is this corticosteroid cream the same stuff as those cortisone shots that ppl get to get rid of the cysts?

No, a steroid cream is topical, applied to the skin. An injection is not topical but is put deeper into the skin with a needle. There are side effects to both.