Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dingdingding

Tretinoin vs evil black heads

Hey for those of you who have tried Tretinoin/Retin A, were you able to successfully eliminate blackheads? I'm currently using the 0.025% Tretinoin on my nose to try to combat those blackheads, it's been about a month and I'm still getting them. How long should I give it before giving up?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

I've been wondering about this as well. I've been using RAM for awhile, and although my skin is clearer, the nose is still clogged with tons of blackheads. Will Retin-A ever make them go away!!!???!!!! :confused:

Topical retinoids made my blackeheads on my nose smaller and less noticable, but they were still there after about 7 months. The only think that got rid ogf them for me was Accutane, and four months after I finished my course they are still gone....

Topical retinoids made my blackeheads on my nose smaller and less noticable, but they were still there after about 7 months. The only think that got rid ogf them for me was Accutane, and four months after I finished my course they are still gone....

wow they were still there after seven months? I guess I shouldn't count on them too much for getting rid of my blackheads then. What strengths of retinoids did you use LabGirl? Did you try the strongest Retin A or Tazorac?

I was perhaps 20/21 when I first used Retin A. It was the 0.5% liquid. It felt oily yet drying at the same time. A very uncomfortable feeling, yet it got rid of everything on my face. I had superlative results with the tretinoin combined with clindamycin topical.

It did eventually quit working and I finally went on Accutane 10 years ago.