Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Singhster45

MY Personal Regime LOG

Background Information

Im 20 years old, and have been suffering from acne (mild to moderate) for 4 years. Right now i have mild acne, and i am so depressed and annoyed with it. I used to have flawless skin for a while within those 4 years. I have picture of how i used to look, im a shy guy, so dont like to post pictures, lol.

Why I want Clear Skin

I want to go out and feel comfortable all the time, look in mirrors and think "yeah i look nice". Im sure hundreds of you's can relate to this. Also because there is this girl i like, and whenever i normally see her, i have a zit or two, they dont look nice, hence my confidence is normally low whenever im around her. She is so gorgeous, well i think she is, a lot of my friends dont, but she IS!!!!! Anyways, when i see her next i went my skin to glow and beautiful. I will probably see her next in the next 10 weeks, so you could say i have a while yet to go, but i wont all my spots to go within the next 2 weeks, and the 8 weeks after the initial 2, i want to concentrate on red marks (hopefully i want have too many). :P

What i hope to see in 2 weeks from today

I hope to have clear skin, with the odd red marks, but no more new pimples. In other words, really good gorgeous skin!

How can these results be achieved

Decent diet and right medications. The medications i will use are Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar and Brevoxyl Cream 4%. I will apply the cream during the nights only, or on the days i dont intend to go out. So days that rain, lol. What i mean by a decent diet is roughly 2 Litres of Water a day, no fizzy drinks, no dairy products.

I wanted to post a picture today, but my camera is not working, i am going to get it sorted by tomorrow, so tomorrow i will post pictures, and will post new pictures at the end of each week. Hopefully if this works, you guys can use my regime too. :P. I will post pictures up, because like you guy's out there, i too want to see EVIDENCE of people's skin improving and the only way i can see that is by pictures. Right?

So people keep viewing this post and hopefully all OUR skin's will improve ;):P:):D

Good luck. Don't expect massive improvements in two weeks. That's frankly unrealistic for any treatment.

Good luck. Don't expect massive improvements in two weeks. That's frankly unrealistic for any treatment.

24 hours later of My Regime

Well, i i have a few whiteheads, which i guess are positive because it means that the infection is going to come out, so its fully formed, right? Lol. Apart from that not much else to report back, i guess the initial few days i wont see much improvement but hopefully by Friday i will be able to sing praises of my skin.

Sunshine

Im wondering if i should go outside in the sun and get a bit of a tan, it could help with red marks right? But im worried by skin will burn in the sun, because if i put on my BP (Brevoxyl) cream, will it react with the sun? Im not sure, so im kind of hesistant to go in the sun.

Im so Driven, but WHY?

I saw this guy outside, he had really good skin, and i want to be the same, he was happy to go outside in the sun, i dont blame him, being outside with in the sunshine with beautiful girls outside, wish i could do that. So i am now more driven to get great results, and besides his sister is sooooo cute (im cheeky i know). :P

Progression:

Okay 48 hours later, the spots are beginning to diappear but face is red, this could be because i went outside in the sunshine, so i dont know. Its hard to see changes in the condition of my skin in 24 hours, if i was posting it every week or so i could describe the changes, but i want to write everyday because its a log, and i want to keep you people informed and let you know the things im going through to combat and succesfully overcome my acne problem (which i hopefully will do soon) :P lol.

Further Action:

I went to my doctor surgery today and saw my GP and i convinced her to book me an appointment to see a dermatologist. I went to the doctors at 4pm, and by the time she finished writing the referral it was 5pm, and the dermatologist she wants me to see shuts at 5pm. So im going to give them a call tomorrow morning and book an appointment, but my GP said that it could take up to 6weeks to actually see one eventually. I was like WTF! By then my skin would clear up (well, hopefully it does). In the mean time, she has prescribed me "Duac Once Daily Gel", ive read some good reviews on this product, but im not going to use this until i have given my current regime a try. Like i said i want to give my current regime a try for 2 weeks to see what the results are. So far im in day 2. But if i dont see results in 2 weeks, i will most likely start using Duac Once Daily Gel (well hopefully by then i will have been prescribed Accutane; we'll in all honesty, the time wont come for me to change my regime, because this current regime would of worked and made me achieve 100% clear skin, lol)!

Pictures

I would like to apologise for not posting any pictures. I am not making excuses, but i took some 2 days ago, and took some yesterday but my camera is playing up. The pictures are on the camera but when i try to transer them onto my computer using my USB cable, the pictures dont show up. Ive used my camera phone, but the quality of the pictures are not good at all, so wont be able to see the results (thats if there are any). But i will try hard and persist on posting pictures, because i know with pictures it makes the post more interesting and you guys (girls) can see the results for yourselves and hopefully follow my regime successful, providing it works that is. Lol.

Progress

Okay, so 72 hours i have gone, and i must say the number of spots i have are reduced. I have a couple of spots that are shrinking, and will most likely peel off by tomorrow (i.e. dry out). But my skin feels slightly tight and itchy, could be because i have been applying Brevoxyl (Benzoyl Peroxide) cream twice a day (morning and night) for the past 3 days. But tomorrow im going to apply it once, during the night, to reduce the redness and irritation of the skin. So far things are going to plan, so i am happy with the progress.

Other Theories

Like i said the number of spots on my face have reduced, it could be because i have been applying Benzoyl Peroxide cream (Brevoxyl) morning and night for the last 3 days, but i have a feeling that it could also be because i have not participated in any sexual activity in the last 3 days, could this be a coincidence or is there more to this????? I have read that when someone releases fluid, zinc is lost, and could my breakouts be a result of a lack of zinc in my body? I have never taken zinc supplements in my life, and dont really want to. I guess i have to abstain myself from sexual activity, but its easier said than done. Lol.

Whats next?

Well, i want to saw a reduction in the redness of my face and a better overall complexion, and obviously eradicate those few remaining spots. I tend to do this by only applying Benzoyl Peroxide (Brevoxyl) once a day only from tomorrow and continue drinking at least 1.5 litres of water a day. And maybe get summer Vitamin D by going out in the sunshine; i know too much sun is bad for the skin, but what i mean is by going out and been outside for an hour or so a day. Im either normally at work (in an office) or at home. So im gonna try to get more sunlight by staying outside.

P.S Sorry for the delay of pictures again, i will post them soon. . . . . Latest date will be by Sunday :P

Progress

Okay, so 72 hours i have gone, and i must say the number of spots i have are reduced. I have a couple of spots that are shrinking, and will most likely peel off by tomorrow (i.e. dry out). But my skin feels slightly tight and itchy, could be because i have been applying Brevoxyl (Benzoyl Peroxide) cream twice a day (morning and night) for the past 3 days. But tomorrow im going to apply it once, during the night, to reduce the redness and irritation of the skin. So far things are going to plan, so i am happy with the progress.

Other Theories

Like i said the number of spots on my face have reduced, it could be because i have been applying Benzoyl Peroxide cream (Brevoxyl) morning and night for the last 3 days, but i have a feeling that it could also be because i have not participated in any sexual activity in the last 3 days, could this be a coincidence or is there more to this????? I have read that when someone releases fluid, zinc is lost, and could my breakouts be a result of a lack of zinc in my body? I have never taken zinc supplements in my life, and dont really want to. I guess i have to abstain myself from sexual activity, but its easier said than done. Lol.

Whats next?

Well, i want to saw a reduction in the redness of my face and a better overall complexion, and obviously eradicate those few remaining spots. I tend to do this by only applying Benzoyl Peroxide (Brevoxyl) once a day only from tomorrow and continue drinking at least 1.5 litres of water a day. And maybe get summer Vitamin D by going out in the sunshine; i know too much sun is bad for the skin, but what i mean is by going out and been outside for an hour or so a day. Im either normally at work (in an office) or at home. So im gonna try to get more sunlight by staying outside.

P.S Sorry for the delay of pictures again, i will post them soon. . . . . Latest date will be by Sunday

Progress

Okay, 108 hours have gone since i started this regime, which is about 4 and a half days, i can report that the spots have reduced and have almost disappeared completely. But i have started to develop dry skin. I dont like to moisturise because i think moisturising causes spots. I believe the dry skin has developed because i was using Brevoxyl (Benzoyl Peroxide) cream twice a day for the last 3 days, so its caused my skin to dry out, but im gonna go back to using it once a day, and hopefully skin will be less dry (and of course im gonna drink plenty of water).

Worried

Im worried i might break out in the next few days because i had sex last night and now i think i might break out in the next few days. A lot of people might be thinking "sex has nothing to do with acne"; well in my case it does. Whenever i participate in sexual activity i break out with spots a few days later. But that is only when i do it a few times in a week, so i dont know, hopefully i wont break out :). Ive got to see how it goes in the next few days. I am going to buy a "celibacy ring". As far as im aware there aint no such thing, but what im going to do is buy a ring and from the moment i put the ring on, i am going to be celibate for 10 weeks. Yes you read right, 10 weeks!!!!! If i dont do it, im just gonna give up on my acne, because i believe i am fortuante enough to know what triggers my acne, its sexual activity! So if i know this and am still continuing to have sex what does that show? It shows that i dont care about my acne and so i shouldnt bother with curing it right? I have been to my GP and went to see a pharmacist and they have both said that there is nothing out there which can control a guy's hormones. There has not been enough money ploughed into researching and producing a product that can control a guy's hormones. Is that true? If there is anything that has worked for other guy's (or girl's if you know anyone or have been told that there is something that can work for guy's), please let me know and share your thoughts. Alternatively, could it be that it arent the hormones but infact its the lack of zinc in my body after sexual activity. Ive read a few posts about people claiming that once you stimulate yourself the amount of zinc in your body reduces and the lack of zinc in your body is what causes breakouts. Is this true, share your thoughts please. Because if that is the case, then what i might begin to do is take zinc supplements, i have never taken any supplements in my life before, maybe i need to, and as result of me taking these zinc supplements i can have sex as much as i want. :P. If that is the case, i will buy some zinc supplements today. I have read on various different internet websites and on these forums that zinc is essential in helping fight acne and it helps with acne a huge amount. Even Dan uses it. So maybe im missing a trick. . . . . Share your thoughts.

Next Few Days . . . . . .

Okay, so its Saturday morning right now as i type this out. I would be on this regime for a week by Monday morning and hopefully i wont develop new breakouts by then. If i dont, im confident that i will be spot free by Monday (*touch wood*), and then i can concentrate on getting the colour of my skin tone right and eradicating any red marks that i have. I will explain on Monday evening how i intend to do that. But hopefully this 2 week regime will be successful and you people out there can use this regime too. I am sooooooooooooooooo sorry there have been no pictures! The mobile phone im currently using on a temporary basis doesnt have a camera and my digital camera is playing up, like i said on the previous post.

What im going to do now. . . . . .

Im going to go and buy a "celibacy ring" and a mobile phone with a camera so you guys can see the condition of my skin at the moment and hopefully the ring will keep me away from sex! Lol :P.

Progress

Okay 140 hours have passed since i started the regime, which is almost 6 days. Sorry for doing it in hours, i like to be as specific as i can, lol. Anyways right now the condition of my skin is okay. There arent any huge zits, i do have 3 or 4 really small spots. I say "really small" because that is what they are. I want to be have gorgeous skin at the end of this 2 week regime so i am going to scruntize my skin. These small spots could be due to my diet, i used to watch everything i ate, but now i have varied my diet and dont watch everything i eat. Reason for this is because i want to see if i can eat a varied diet and not break out. So im gonna continue this for another week and so how things plan out.

Coming up to a Week

Its gonna be a week from tomorrow since ive started this regime, apart from the slip up on friday when i had sex, things have gone to plan. Like i said i hope i dont break out in the next few days due to having sex on friday, if i dont, then my skin will get better and better. Im going to apply my BP cream (Brevoxyl) once daily for a week now (nights only). This is because that way i will be keeping away the spots, and not making my skin as red.

Im going to go now, because i dont want to waffle on . . . . . . . . but people if you have any questions, please ask, i like reading comments and would love to help others by answering any questions you guys and girls might have.

firstly I would love a bit of sex tbh so dont be hard on yourself.

Secondly do you moisturise at all? I have some but never liked using it although i think I thought it make me break out cos I'd put it on before a night out to lose the dry ness so i'd look good and then i reckon i could easily be breakig out due to downing pints in a smokey pub (no more) and then a cheeky burger on the way home. Anyway my skin is looking better except for some red burn like marks on my chin. Any suggestions.

I would first like to apologise for not posting yesterday, i was really busy and tired so didnt have the time. Sorry. Now, let me update. . . . . .

Progress

Okay its been 188 hours since i started the regime. I have bad news, my skin is not progressing in the way i thought it would, i have one spot on my right jawline, but the spots have reduced and i have developed a few small spots. I think drinking tea may be bad for my skin. But it might be due to me being involved in sexual activity on friday, and the spots have developed due to that. So what im going to do is continue drinking tea and continue my regime as i am until friday and see what happens. If i dont break out then what it means is that my intial theory was right, coz i had sex on friday it caused a small break out on monday. But if i do continue to break out in the next few days, it might be due to drinking tea. So i guess i would have to stop drinking tea and abstain from sexual activity.

Diet?????

Like i said, i am not so strict on my diet like i used to be. I used to watch everything i used to eat, but now i dont pay as much attention. Over the last few weeks i have introduced various foods to my diet. These include:

White Tea (which includes milk and sugar) 2x a day

Bread

Crisps

White Rice

Fish (Prawns)

Sauces (Ketchup)

Butter

Fried Food (Chicken Sausages)

I know what a lot of you guys (girls) might be thinking, these could be what is causing your small breakout. But i personally dont think it is, because i strongly believe its the sexual activity. And plus i dont drink 2 litres of water like i used to and dont drink 30-45minutes before and after a meal like i used to it. I will from tomorrow though and maybe this could be the difference.

Please post any thoughts you have, they are much appreciated.

"Secondly do you moisturise at all? I have some but never liked using it although i think I thought it make me break out cos I'd put it on before a night out to lose the dry ness so i'd look good and then i reckon i could easily be breakig out due to downing pints in a smokey pub (no more) and then a cheeky burger on the way home. Anyway my skin is looking better except for some red burn like marks on my chin. Any suggestions."

Arsenal, i dont moisturise because im afraid it might break me out. But i am looking to add Aloe Vera Gel to my regime in the next few days, perhaps by Saturday to reduce redness, so i guess you could say it will be my moisturiser. But am reluctant. Lol. So im not sure whenever i drink causes acne or breakouts because whenever i drink its normally when i go clubbing and the night ends with me having sex. So im not sure if its sex that causes my breakouts or drinking alcohol. Eating greasy burgers arent the best idea in the world. For red marks or burn like marks, ive read that Aloe Vera Gel is good, i havent used it in the past so dont know what the results are like personally, but ive read that they are good. When i start using it, i will let you know.

aloe vera gel is great actually, i used it for sun burn and was amazing. I might try that actually

for sun burn immediately and seemed really easy on the skin. i was in the philipines and my red marks sorta merged with the tan, i only used it for a week or so. i never thought it'd work for my red marks

Okay cool thanks for the advice. Its getting brighter here, so we are begin to see some sunshine so maybe my redmarks will fade with the sun. And i will use Aloe Vera Gel, so maybe that will happen too. Post back and will let you know the results once ive started using them.

Okay cool thanks for the advice. Its getting brighter here, so we are begin to see some sunshine so maybe my redmarks will fade with the sun. And i will use Aloe Vera Gel, so maybe that will happen too. Post back and will let you know the results once ive started using them.

Progress

This is just a quick note, skin is looking good, will post more details when i have time, which well most likely be tomorrow. Sorry Thanks

Progress

Okay so 12 days have gone and i have some interesting things to say. I abstained from sex for 8 days, and i can honestly say that abstaining from sex helps with my acne. I dont break out, i dont know what it could be down to, it might be hormones going wild when im having sex or not enough zinc when i climax, i honestly dont know. But all i can say is that i will be abstaining from sex more often. I had sex today, but its been 8 days since i last did it; today is Saturday, the time before that was last Friday, so thats 8 days.

What to do next?

If you read my first post i said i will abstain from sex for 10 weeks. Its really hard to do that, so what im gonna do now instead is abstain from sex gradually. On this occassion i abstained from sex for 8 days, well now im going to abstain from sex for at least 10 days. Then 12 days, then 14 days and so on . . . . . So that means the next time i can have sex is on the 31st July 2007 (thats pay day for me, lol). In all honesty its not that hard to abstain from sex on sundays nights, mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays, thursdays and friday mornings. Its only really friday nights, saturdays and sunday mornings. Its because i dont really have much to do so i ring up my girl and have sex with her. Lol. Does anyone have any suggestions that will keep my mind off sex? Please dont say go to the gym, because when i do that i feel tough and strong and i feel as if i can have any girl and it makes me feel horny. So any other suggestions would be appreciated.

[b]

A bit Down - Hearted

Its sunny where i am, so as you people will know every detail shows on your skin. This means every little red mark. I want to get rid of every little mark on my skin. I just want to be clear like anything!!!!!! I think abstaining from sex, and not eating junk food will prevent spots from appearing. So thats kind of sorted, but i have a few red marks. How do i get rid of them? I spoke to my GP last week and she is going to refer me to a dermatologist. It could take a few weeks or months to see a dermatologist. But i want to show up to the appointment and for the dermatologist to say that i dont have a skin issue, its just a few little spots. As i can control my spots from appearing in the future, how do i clear the existing marks that were caused by spots. Anyone know? Please share. . . . .

Sorry

I would like to apologise and say that im sorry for not posting more often, there are a quite few reasons for this. Number 1 being that by posting every day, i cant really comment on my skin in much detail because its hard to see improvements on a daily basis. And secondly because im really tired when i get home from work and busy with work. But i will post at least 2x a week. Just keep looking to see if there are any new posts. But people please share your thoughts, because i would like to help you guys but i would also like any form of input you people have. (I.e. products that help with red marks, (please dont write and say post this on the red marks forum, i want to keep this on 1 post, HERE)! lol. I will most likely post either tuesdays or wednesdays and saturdays or sundays.

Finally

I have not exfoilated my skin in over 8 months, last time i exfoilated was last year sometime in october. I used baking soda. That did make my skin feel smooth, but i think that might of actually irriated my skin and broke me out (or it could have been consuming a lot of dairy products and have sex a few times a week, lol). Anyways does anyone know or can anyone suggest some excellent exfoilating products. Because that might actually help with my red marks but removing the top layer of dead skin and showing the younger skin underneath. Lol. Well i hope anyways. . . . . So please post some of your all time favourite exfoilators or the one's that work or have worked for you.

Thanks

Please see link in my signature for my tested and true method of exfoliation. It works for the whole body as well. Baby's hair brush.

If you have more time and want to do a very thorough job of exfoliation, just buy one of those battery powered electric toothbrushes with the spinning circular head and it will do a lovely job of exfoliation with your regular cleanser. Look up 'jessfoliation' on these boards, or just 'toothbrush' for detailed explanations. :)

Alternative Products (Aloe Vera)

I bought Aloe Vera Gel and Aloe Vera Juice today along with White Tea. I decided to pop into my local Holland and Barrett store and see if there had any products for red marks. Ive read that Aloe Vera Gel can actually help with red marks, and i knew this girl that once said to me that she only ever used Aloe Vera Gel; her skin was sooo smooth, soft and clear, so i thought why not try it? Anyways, so i have Aloe Vera Gel, Aloe Vera Juice and White Tea in my house at the moment, but i am not going to use them until the 1st of August. I will start a new regime from the 1st of August, as it feels like it will be a new beginning. So im going to continue my regime which consists of using just Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar and Brevoxyl Cream (BP). So i have to wait about 82 hours till i start my new regime. In all honesty i am looking forward to it, as i have never used Aloe Vera Gel and i dont know what results to expect.

In all honesty the status of my skin at the present moment is as follows:

[*]2 active spots

[*]A few red marks

[*]And the overall tone of my skin is red

Now, the overall tone of my skin being red could be because i have been using BP, i want to stop using BP cream and hopefully Aloe Vera Gel would be the ideal replacement for the BP cream.

When i went into my local Holland and Barrett store, i went in with the intention of only buying Aloe Vera Gel, but then i asked what was best for red marks, she said that the best thing is to resolve the problem internally and the best products were to drink White Tea which contains a lot of anti-oxidants and is meant to be more effective than Green Tea. Seeing as it only cost £1.49 i was like "okay". But then i said to her that i read Aloe Vera Gel was good for red marks, what she replied back was that the best thing for Red marks was to use Vitamin E cream, the Vitamin E cream she showed me seemed good, but i asked her if it would clog pores, she said that there was a possbility it could so i decided to leave that and opted for the Aloe Vera Gel as ive read that Aloe Vera doesnt clog pores. She also suggested that i try drinking Aloe Vera Juice as that will heal my internal system, it will filter my blood which may be clogged and it will rebuild any tissues inside my stomach.

Has anyone else tried Aloe Vera Juice? Have you people had successful results or seen a difference in your skin? Please reply back, i am very curious!!!!!!

I have given myself until mid september to have clear perfect skin, which is about 7 weeks, the lady inside Holland Barrett said that i should notice results in 2 weeks, as the detox normal lasts 10 days. So lets wait and see. Like i said i will start from Wednesday (1st August). I am nervous and yet excited. By the way can you guys recommend a exfoilator to please, i am thinking about buying St. Ives Scrub or Clearsil Mens Scrub, which one is better?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Correct, even accutane takes a long time too in relation

I would just suggest cut out refined carbs, eat whole foods, avoid gluten and dairy completely. And be sure to take a good multi and fish oil. :). Focus on eating carrots (due to the high vit a content), and other veggies. Eating fiber foods are great too. Keeps you full longer, especially apples, and beans. stuff like that.

Good luck!

Progress

Hey everyone im back. So, i started this post on 7th July, and from then until now i have had mix results. The reason being simple. . . . . . . . . . . . . I CANT STOP MYSELF FROM HAVING SEX!!!!!! In the last 4 weeks i have had periods where i havent had sex for a week, and at the end of that week i have had clear skin. But when i have sex 2 or 3 times in a week i break out and my skin looks horrible. I want to stop so much but i cant help it!!!!! :( Someone please help me, what can i do, is there a way to lose my sex drive? Lol. Im considering doing that, because that is the only thing that i believe causes me to breakout. When its sunny and hot, girls wear revealing clothes and so does my girl, i cant help but want to have SEX!!!!! And when its sunny and hot, you can see every little fault in someone's skin due to the light. So i need and want perfect skin!

Ive read a post by "REAL CURE" stating that sex causes acne, and i couldnt agree more with him. He states that by staying away from sex for 28 days will keep you acne free is true. Like i said when i dont have for 7 days i have clear skin, so i couldnt agree more.

(Tweaked) Regime

Ive tweaked my regime slightly now. Ive decided to add Aloe Vera Gel to my regime. So my current regime is as follows:

Morning:

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Aloe Vera Gel

Night:

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Brevoxyl Cream

What im going to do is do that regime for about 4-6 days so i am spot free. After i am spot free, i will be applying Brevoxyl Cream every other night instead of every night because ive read that BP causes redness, so im going to stop using it as much as i currently am. But i believe i will need to use it every night for the next few days because i have active pimples.

Has anyone seen drastic results in reducing their redmarks or the overtone of your skin (less red) by applying Aloe Vera Gel? And when is the best time to apply Aloe Vera Gel, mornings or nights?

So............like i said, i will keep you posted.