Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i see that alot of the cheaper makeup brands, such as loreal, jane, physicians formula, etc...are coming out with mineral foundations...has anyone tried any of these?

i was using bare minerals, but its so expensive. i actually bought a generic version of it called "bare beauty minerals" in a kit on ebay for 20 bucks...and it sucked. the pots were smaller than the advertisement said, its really shiny and sparkly, and the brushes aren't good. i should have known that was a dumb idea :eh:

so back to what i was saying...are any of these other cheap mineral powders that you can find at walgreens worth trying?? do they stay on? do they cover well? do they cause breakouts? it would be really nice to find a decent foundation and not have to spend 60 bucks on it...

I use Physician's Formula mineral wear and it is the BEST stuff i've ever used in my entire life. The coverage is EXCELLENT (when my acne was mild/moderate, I used the loose powder only and my face looked flawless... but now that my face is severely scarred, I need both the liquid mineral foundation and the loose powder).... this is the only stuff that matches my extremely pale skin too. No breakouts what-so-ever... when I first started using this stuff months ago, my skin actually got CLEARER.

I use Physician's Formula mineral wear and it is the BEST stuff i've ever used in my entire life. The coverage is EXCELLENT (when my acne was mild/moderate, I used the loose powder only and my face looked flawless... but now that my face is severely scarred, I need both the liquid mineral foundation and the loose powder).... this is the only stuff that matches my extremely pale skin too. No breakouts what-so-ever... when I first started using this stuff months ago, my skin actually got CLEARER.

I too use Physicians Formula. I've tried pretty much the major brands (Bare Escentuals and Aromaleigh) and the popular online brands (Joppa and Every Day Mineral), after all that I settled on PF. So far it's doing a much better job than any other mineral makeup I've tried and has the least reaction. The PF loose powder can clog pores if you don't wash it out completely, but that's the same as any makeup. For some reason, their mineral powder in the compact form causes me absolutely no reaction what so ever. Even the loose powder can cause a pimple here and there for me, but not the compact mineral powder. And I agree with Mandy, although their color choices are not much, I was able to find my exact shade with ease. For the price you pay, and the ease of buying (not having to order online or guess what the minerals actually look like in real life), I give PF two thumbs up.

Physicians Formula.

:think: I might try that if I'm feeling risky...

To be honest I'm afraid of boron nitride...It's an industrial compound used for..among other things, cleaning tools.

I did notice that they put squalane in it too, that's good.

I guess my attraction to everyday minerals is that there are only four ingredients in their foundation. It is inexpensive compared to others.

I'm going to give EM a good try out, & if it breaks me out, I'll give PF a shot. :)

I love Everyday Minerals. There stuff isnt expensive but is only available online. You can use Credit Card, Paypal, or Mail order. I use mail. :D

www.everydayminerals.com

i see that alot of the cheaper makeup brands, such as loreal, jane, physicians formula, etc...are coming out with mineral foundations...has anyone tried any of these?

i was using bare minerals, but its so expensive. i actually bought a generic version of it called "bare beauty minerals" in a kit on ebay for 20 bucks...and it sucked. the pots were smaller than the advertisement said, its really shiny and sparkly, and the brushes aren't good. i should have known that was a dumb idea :eh:

so back to what i was saying...are any of these other cheap mineral powders that you can find at walgreens worth trying?? do they stay on? do they cover well? do they cause breakouts? it would be really nice to find a decent foundation and not have to spend 60 bucks on it...

yeah, i say everyday minerals too. i started out applying it with a kabuki brush, but then found i got more natural coverage with their premium foundation ($10) brush, which also excentuates dryness much less than the kabuki. i'm very happy with it now.. good coverage, plus it looks really natural, and it has a lot of different colors to choose from, and you can mix them also to get a perfect color and formula.. i mix fair (in the intensive formula) and sunkissed fair (in matte) and it's great. plus it's pretty cheap =]

i was thinking of investing in some mineral makeup after seeing a commercial last night...but im wondering if they acually do cover spots.

i have alot of red spots not to mention zits and something so light just doesnt seem to be enough to cover them...although i do like the idea of them being good for your skin and improving it...but if it doesnt cover i might as well not use makeup at all right? Opinions?

i've used pf mineral wear before, didn't really like it. the pressed powder is way too sheer and didn't control oil. the loose powder was cakey and actually made my skin look worse than without makeup. weird. many other pple had good experiences though, i seem to be the anomaly.

i'm currently using everyday minerals, i like the original glo formula. it looks the most natural on me and doesn't accentuate the dry patches, like i naturally have good skin. a friend didn't even notice that i was wearing foundation and commented on how good my skin looks now. the coverage is amazing -- you can go light and have sheer coverage, or put on more layers and go heavier. i personally like to go sheer and leave the heavy duty work for concealers, edm's concealers are also phenomenal. haha, rave~~~

edm's not expensive and it lasts a long time for me. i've been using their sample jar for over 3 weeks now, and i still have over half left.