Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luppe

All these supplements might be breaking you out more? hmm

Many of the users here are recommending and asking questions about supplements I never heard of before.. so claimed "hormone balances" or whatever, But really in reality, it could be the ones that are messing up of how your body functions and in return will cause you to break out even more.

I am a little skeptical of these kinda treatments, I think if we fix our diets...that'll be more beneficial than any other "hormone balancer" out there, just my opinion

Any thoughts, opinions, arguments?

Yeh they say that diet shouldn't affect and that it's a myth but it's also very individual...

More people have had real success with diet changes than supplements...which is why im finally going the diet route.

i started to up my fish oil dose, and i started to get more zits... now i only take fish oil once in awhile and no harm so far

Diet is important, but don't forget about those who follow a strict diet plan, whether diary/gluten free, raw, vegan, or with lots of meat, may still get major outbreaks. I'm curious about the LGS, and benefits of probiotics along with not drinking while eating, which can be a major +.

Like -lxl- said, as he upped the dosage of fish oils, be begun to break out..

Don't forget, starting something in hopes to clear something may result in an outbreak at first, or things may get worse before they get better. All in all, diet is the #1 factor I believe. I do believe many hormonal herbs like Chasteberry, Saw palmetto, or Milk Thistle do have some type of benefits, but I am unsure whether it may mess something up. If so, that would be very surprising. A lot of things like that require 2-3 weeks taking it..not for a prolonged period.

Many of the users here are recommending and asking questions about supplements I never heard of before.. so claimed "hormone balances" or whatever, But really in reality, it could be the ones that are messing up of how your body functions and in return will cause you to break out even more.

I am a little skeptical of these kinda treatments, I think if we fix our diets...that'll be more beneficial than any other "hormone balancer" out there, just my opinion

Any thoughts, opinions, arguments?

supplement and dietary changes often cause worse conditions in the body before they get better

and some nutrients are VERY hard to get in decent quantities for acne-sufferers like vitamin E

The first things that ever helped me were the supplements Zinc and saw palmetto. But diet changes clear me.

And as you can see in my signature, I still take plenty of supplements and am completely clear. So no, supplements are not breaking me out more.

I know fish breaks me out 100% sure, so taking fish oil to me would be insane I'd never do it myself...especially fish in the oil tins even fresh it's a nightmare.

And I agree our bodies are meant to be natural you see non acne sufferers they do nothing for their skin they take nothing extreme and everyday for their body, ppl here take way too many tablets, I agree it could be causing the problem too.