Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The good news is that the accutane is working, at least on my face. :clap::dance:

The bad news is that my upper arms are still pretty messed up, and I've got scars all over the place. I am going on a retreat for a few days. A bathing suit is unavoidable, and that's the part that I'm dreading. The excitement about the retreat is somewhat tainted by the worry over how I should keep everyone's attention off my upper arms. I hate it when I can't just enjoy certain things like everyone else. Take something like camp, for instance. Most people think about seeing old friends. I think about how I'm going to avoid having my cabin mates see me without makeup. To add to this rant, although it has nothing to do with acne, the day we leave for this retreat is the day I can get my driver's license. Now I'll have to wait another few days. :wall:

Okay, I'm tired of negativity now. I'll end this with more good news. At church yesterday I had a great conversation with a friend of mine. It was completely natural and not forced at all, and I was so much more outgoing than I usually am. For me, this is a pretty big step, as I usually let others do all the talking.