Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
broadway

Has anybody tried Almay Smart Shade?

No matter how many different shades of foundation I get, it seems like it never matches my skin tone well enough, so I think I want to try this Almay stuff. It starts out white, but matches your skin tone after you put it on. The only problem is that it's expensive (about $18 in a drugstore), and I'm 16 and without a job. I'm also pretty skeptical about it, but I've heard good things about Almay, so it might be worth a shot. I'd really like to know if it's worth it before I start spending a bunch of money on it. So, has anybody tried this and liked it?

I know Brandy swears by it, but I didn't like the coverage. Also, I didn't think the color looked all that good either. I returned it to the store.

I watched the "demo" but it doesn't really explain how it works. It's also described as sheer cover so it doesn't seem like it would cover very well. Let us know though!

I agree with Opportunity...I bought it and I didn't like the way it felt on my face..and the color was way off...I returned it. I still use Almay makeup...its the new Almay Pure Blends Mineral Makeup..it comes in a pre-filled applicator brush...its so good!

Also bought it and didnt like it.. it felt weird on my face.. almost sticky.. and the color was off. I dont know how the hell something is supposed to go from being white with black flecks in it to matching your skin tone.. I didnt return it though, so I dont know what shade you'd need, but I have the lightest one.. if anyone is interested, let me know :D

I know Brandy swears by it, but I didn't like the coverage. Also, I didn't think the color looked all that good either. I returned it to the store.

Yes, it is very sheer. You can build the coverage if you apply it with a cosmetic sponge. But it's probably not for someone wanting full coverage.

Damn...screw it then. I don't like a face full of make up anyways. I guess I'll stick to only using concealer.

I love almay products and almost picked this up. Does anyone know if this is good on really pale skin, I use almay's lightest color they make in their regular foundation. Im not big on extreme coverage either, also did it break anyone out?