Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've always hated shaving. Who doesn't? (20 year old guy, by the way)

But ever since I started getting breakouts over the past two months, I've found shaving to be an even more painful and irritable process than it ever was before.

I only need to shave really every three days or so. Those days when I don't need to shave I feel like my acne might actually be getting better. But as soon as I shave again, I feel like I'm taking ten steps back -- irritating and inflaming the acne.

It's bad enough shaving as it is now, but I just started Accutane a few days ago. I've heard about how your skin can really dry out and start peeling, so I'm thinking that when that begins to happen -- how the hell am I going to shave without tearing my face to shreds?

I've been using Nivea for men after shave soothing balmb for sensitive skin, but this seems to have done very little to help me.

Any advice? Thanks!

Be well,

Tripp

Well I see your experiencing the same shit I am on this site and thats not getting any help... Well first off from your avatar pic it looks like your acne is not all that bad AT ALL, and due to the symptoms you describe: worst after shaving.... I think most of your problem is irritation from shaving... if your using an electric razor thats your first problem. You appear to have sensitive skin like myself, I advise using Neutrogena Clear Skin shaving gel, works awesome... Then there is a post shave lotion for men that Neutrogena makes as well that should take care of all your razor irritation. Shave with the grain and I think youll find that this will severely help your problem.

good luck mang.

I've always hated shaving. Who doesn't? (20 year old guy, by the way)

But ever since I started getting breakouts over the past two months, I've found shaving to be an even more painful and irritable process than it ever was before.

I only need to shave really every three days or so. Those days when I don't need to shave I feel like my acne might actually be getting better. But as soon as I shave again, I feel like I'm taking ten steps back -- irritating and inflaming the acne.

It's bad enough shaving as it is now, but I just started Accutane a few days ago. I've heard about how your skin can really dry out and start peeling, so I'm thinking that when that begins to happen -- how the hell am I going to shave without tearing my face to shreds?

I've been using Nivea for men after shave soothing balmb for sensitive skin, but this seems to have done very little to help me.

Any advice? Thanks!

Be well,

Tripp

Thanks for your response! I'll definitely look into those products you suggested.

Also, I just thought I'd mention (in case others were wondering the same thing) that the pictures of me in my avatar and profile are from the beginning of May, right before my acne began breaking out really badly.

I do have pics of what I look like now, and they're horrible. At some point I'll probably end up posting them in my Accutane log, though.

Be well,

Tripp

Shaving is really tough on my face as well, even before accutane. My facial hair is really light and sparse so i only have to shave once a week or so(im 21). I find aveeno shave gel and gillette sensor excel razors to be the best products ive tried. I use a brand new razor everytime which could get quite costly if you shave often, but for me its no big deal. Also a warm rag compress on your face for a few minutes before shaving tends to help me with irritation.