Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lace

Questions About Minocycline + Retin-a Micro + Benzaclin

The 1st week of this was nothing but burning, itchy, red skin but no breakouts..now i have broken out terribly and idk if this is normal. I know its normal to have the initial breakout but this is pretty bad..the redness has subsided but it still burns when i put the benzaclin on in the morning. Will this go away eventually? or should i stop...

Sounds normal. Although I'd suggest cutting back a little bit until your skin gets used to it. Dermatologists often suggest starting every other night or every third night. I started Differin last week. I started with every other night. But after the 2nd application I noticed burning. So I'm now moving it to every third night.

I was using that EXACT regiment that you are on. I found that with the retin-A my skin was burning and beging to peel. I recommend that you use Retin-A every other night and use the Benzaclin every morning. When i was on it, my skin became pretty bad for about a month, but i noticed great improvement within the third week. And by the sixth and seventh week my skin was looking very nice.