Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

OWW THIS HURTS, I burned my skin badly!

Recommended Posts

A couple of days ago I bought an exfoliating brush from The Body Shop. The first day (Saturday) I used it I accidentally rubbed too hard where I previously had two pimples. Now my skin is abraded, it feels burned, its bright red, I can see cracks, and its bleeding :( Im too embarressed to go to work. Thanks for reading and if you have any advice that would be great to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm. You didn't specify what kind of brush you did use, but I'd guess the baby hair brush method for exfoliating.

Nontheless the first time I used it to exfoliate (3-4 days ago) I too applied too much force into it.

My face was BRIGHT red the whole day. I tried to moisturize, but nothing helped. It seemed whatever I put on it only makes it worse.

My greatest advice to you would be to sleep and hope in the morning it the redness will fade.

By the way, it just came to me, you can use deflamol to reduce the inflammation.

It served me best when I burned my face with half a liter of Salicylic Acid (2% dermal)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exfoliating over inflamed acne is generally not a good idea. It is great for the rest of your face, or for skin with non-inflamed acne though. I would either avoid exfoliating areas that have inflamed pimples or be very, very gentle when you do it (barely put any pressure on the exfoliating brush at all). How soft is the brush you are using?

You might apply some nesporin cream to the sore spot. It should help the pain and redness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry thats happened to you molly :comfort:

All i can suggest is aloe vera gel to soothe the redness...that stuff works wonders! Give it a try! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exfoliating over inflamed acne is generally not a good idea. It is great for the rest of your face, or for skin with non-inflamed acne though. I would either avoid exfoliating areas that have inflamed pimples or be very, very gentle when you do it (barely put any pressure on the exfoliating brush at all). How soft is the brush you are using?

You might apply some nesporin cream to the sore spot. It should help the pain and redness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ouch! i've had BP chemical burns before but luckily they were mild, still it was like very tender patches of sunburn for a few days!

some hydrocortisone cream 0.5% you can get from your pharmacy, that should take down any swelling or irritation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that idea. I will try the neosporin and some vaseline first though. Then if that doesnt help I will buy some hydrocortisone cream

It really does hurt. It feels like if I were to fall and scrape my knee, only its on my face from exfoliation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it easy on the cream is my advice... I burnt my face with hydrocortisone cream almost 2 weeks ago, my skin had a nasty reaction due to my over use and now my chin is flaky and burnt.... just a tiny smear twice a day! Seriously, take it from me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×