Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kukumalu

Coffee alternative

I love coffee. I love the flavour, the aroma, everything about it.

But it makes my IBS iffy. And it can't be good for my skin. But I need something to perk me up and make me feel refreshed whilst also being a really tasty drink, hot or cold. I tried ginseng tea but it wasn't perky enough for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I stopped drinking coffee a year ago and drink green tea instead. It takes a bit to get used to but now I love it.

Try Yerba Mate. It's an actual good coffee alternative that tastes a bit similar (bitterness) and more caffiene than green tea (and 1/3 to 1/2 as much as coffee).

i think green tea tastes disgusting, i'd rather have black. though it won't do much in terms of giving you caffeine

Yerba mate is good, as mentioned above. I like the unsmoked yerba mate from EcoTeas. One really nice combination is 2/3 EcoTeas unsmoked mate with 1/3 Yerba Mate Latte All-Night Samba Herb Tea from the Republic of Tea.

Hmm... maybe I should find my bombilla and start drinking mate again. It'd be cheaper than stopping by Peet's every morning...

Some people really like chicory, either mixed with their coffee or straight as a replacement. And then there's Postum and other ersatz-coffee drinks. I've never tried any of these.

Ugh, Postum! I gave up coffee and drank that during my first pregnancy & thought it tasted fairly similar to coffee. Came back after maternity leave and just about gagged on the stuff. :X Yeccchh! I had to throw the rest out. I guess it's a matter of taste though...