Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pbs86

my skin's finally clearing up

Embarassing to talk about but my skin is totally clearing up now after 3 days of taking laxatives. I have been doing this because I have a wedding to go to next week and want my skin to look nice, but I know it isn't very safe for me to do and I can't rely on laxatives every day. Eventually I will have to find a real cure if I want my acne gone.

I don't know how much longer taking the laxatives will work, usually they stop working after taking them 3 days in a row so if I can't keep going to the bathroom at least every day till the wedding, I know my skin will break out again. I'm hoping they don't give out on me! Right now all the bumps on my forehead dissappeared, my my skin no longer feels oily and heavy. It feels fresh and healthy which is really different. I never use anything other than filtered water to wash my face but now it feels like I don't even need to even though I still will at night and morning.

I know taking laxatives isn't a healthy solution to my problem but I just wanted to let all of you know that maybe pooping more often can help your acne clear up, cause it did for me. If you're not going every day or even 3 times a day, it might be the reason ur skin is breaking out.

If your going to take that approach, your better off taking this. I feel it works better in the longrun as opposed to what your doing now, and I'm sure its safer. I've used it for a while now. It recommends drinking the mixture twice or so a day for the first few days, after that do it once a week or so, or whenever you feel necessary.

http://www.oxygenamerica.com/ProductDetail...x?ProductID=523

edit: and yes I do believe this can help your skin, as well as give you more energy since your cleaning yourself out so to speak.

It sounds like you need a digestion overhaul if your seeing any acne benefits at all from laxatives. I wouldn't recommended taking them at all, never mind high doses - if you really must take something then try oxy-powder.

I've spent the last 5 weeks working on improving my digestive system, and i'm now about 95% clear. Check out my gallery for progress! I can't stress how important a strong digestive system is for health, acne or not!

The product that LivesInABox just posted may be a better choice out of the two listed, simply because, as I just read up on it, it comes in a capsule. I may even try this once my stuff runs out. The mixture I drink has a chalky taste and isn't that pleasant. Other than that they seem to be very similar.

The product that LivesInABox just posted may be a better choice out of the two listed, simply because, as I just read up on it, it comes in a capsule. I may even try this once my stuff runs out. The mixture I drink has a chalky taste and isn't that pleasant. Other than that they seem to be very similar.

My diet isn't very bad, because I hardly ever eat any junk food. Sometimes I eat bread/pasta or rice but its mostly that and fruit, salad/vegetables sometimes soy burgers or soy products and lots of water and I take flax oil pills and probiotics and eat foods that are high in fibers. I have also been eating this whole grain bread that is organic and it has natural flax fiber in it. I think it's been helping, because usually the laxatives dont help so it must be the bread and fruit i've been eating. I hope maybe soon I will find a healthy diet that can help me instead of having to take laxatives or pills anymore.

All sounds pretty good - but if you have anything other than tip top digestion, you might as well eat rubbish.

What about caffeine (coffee, tea, soda) or fruit juice, things like peanut butter? Fermented/moldy foods (mushrooms etc)? Pasta isn't great for digestion either (even whole grain, but not half as bad as refined pasta is).

I'll be willing to bet the laxatives contain magnesium, which is good for your digestion and lacking in most diets. What about calcium? (dairy etc)