Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
livelaughlove

livelaughlove's Accutane log...Off to ROUND TWO.

Day 89--

Skin-Same old same old.

SIDE EFFECTS-dry lips, ECZEMA LIKE RASH ON MY ARMS! IT LOOKS LIKE MINOR HIVES AND IS ROUGH AND RED AND DRY AND FLAKY! please someone help me with recommendations on how to get rid of this, its so embarrassing. I have to wear long sleeves now. Is there anything i can do besides moisturizing?

Day 91--

Skin-Same old. Just 3 or 4 actives, mostly on my chin

Side Effects-Eczema on my arms, dry lips, flaking and red skin.

I went to my dermatologist today, the rash on my arm is confirmed eczema, and I got my dosage upped to 60 mg! :):)

Hopefully this new dosage will stop the breakout in its tracks!

Hey,

I haven't got my own log but have been reading up on others to see what to expect. :)

I'm at day 85 I think, so we're at pretty much the same stage. I'll definitely be following your log...

I'm still breaking out too so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you still are! And the dry skin/eczema....the backs of my knees and around my hips the skin is SO itchy!

Anyway, glad to hear you got your dose upped a bit...I've been on 40mg/day and initially my derm said I would be on it for 9 months (ugh), but I am tolerating it really well and am going to ask for an increase when I go in to see her on Tuesday.

Cross your fingers for me!

-kisspin

Day 94--

Skin-After my face paint extravaganza I ended up with a whitehead on my forehead and one small sucker above my eyebrow, but otherwise old actives are slowly but surely healing.

Side Effects-Eczema on arms, dry, red, flaky skin, dry, cracking lips.

kisspin--Thanks for your insight, I'm glad I'm not alone still breaking out so far into the course. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

Day 98--

Skin- Everything is clear except my chin...my chin has erupted into deep(but not cystic) acne...I don't really understand why. My chin was clear after my first month...Anyhow, yeah.

Side Effects-Eczema on my arms calmed down a bit now that I switched to Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash, otherwise dry lips, redness.

I just started 60 mg today...Hopefully this will calm my breakout on my chin of about 6 actives.

Day 101

Skin--Breaking out. Break out after break out. I thought for sure by day 100 I would be clear. It's kinda disheartening, like almost like I'm starting to lose hope. I just started 60 MG on October 24th, but apparently that didn't help much. Maybe it is an IB to the higher dose? I really don't know, but for the official count:

Chin-5 actives, large red, deep, not cystic

Forehead-2 actives, 1 cyst

Cheek- 1 active

Side Effects--Dry lips, flushing of skin, dry skin, fatigue.

Someone please give me hope, I went into this whole thing so positive and I'm trying to keep positive but its so hard...

Day 101

Skin--Breaking out. Break out after break out. I thought for sure by day 100 I would be clear. It's kinda disheartening, like almost like I'm starting to lose hope. I just started 60 MG on October 24th, but apparently that didn't help much. Maybe it is an IB to the higher dose? I really don't know, but for the official count:

Chin-5 actives, large red, deep, not cystic

Forehead-2 actives, 1 cyst

Cheek- 1 active

Side Effects--Dry lips, flushing of skin, dry skin, fatigue.

Someone please give me hope, I went into this whole thing so positive and I'm trying to keep positive but its so hard...

Day 106--

Skin-Old actives are healing! One new whitehead on my chin since I last posted/

Side Effects-FLAKY SKIN! Redness, dry lips.

I honestly have never flaked this much. I reapply moisturizer once every hour, and I've tried like 5 different moisturizers and none of them can control it, except moderately CeraVe. Well whatever, at least my breakouts are healing!

Kisspin--Thanks for the encouragement! I was really down that day now that I look at my post, lol. I think I just got caught up reading other people's logs and seeing they were pretty much all clear by day 100. But, nevertheless, I am glad I am not alone. GOOD LUCK!

stay positive...you're almost to the end....are you doing 4 or 5 months....

i hear ya on the dry skin....its like ezcema everywhere......but we'll have clear skin in the end!!!

im keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll be clear soon!!

tammy

Hey tammy,

My derm wants to keep me on for about 6 months, I weigh 65 kg, and I was on 40 mg for the first three months, 60 mg for the fourth(what I am currently on). I think he wants to keep me on longer because my acne was so severe before I started. The dry skin is so annoying! I try to keep it under control with CeraVe.

Even though I'm not as close to the end as you are, I still see the light at the end of the tunnel. I mean, I went from almost 100 active pimples, down to 5; and I am still complaining...lol. I also have a lot of clogged pores too, so I think that's why I am staying on longer.

Good luck to you too!

Day 113--

Skin-Like 2 actives, a bunch of clogged pores.

Side Effects-DRY LIPS, eczema on my arms, redness+flushing.

Well, like yesterday my skin looked great, then I woke up with a new breakout on my forehead, oh joy. I noticed any new actives I got on accutane all left scars, more than before. Hmmm...well still hoping the breakout stops.

Day 124--

Skin-4 actives, couple of clogged pores.

Side Effects-Flushing, dry, flaky, and red skin and LIPS. Mild eczema on my arms.

Ha, well if anyone is still reading this, I went to my derm. for my 5-month appt. He said i'll most likely be on accutane until February. By then it'll be almost 7 months on the drug! WOW :shock: But right now, i'm really concerned about my lips. They are so dry that not even aquaphor can heal. They sometimes bleed, which is so embarassing in public. Well, that's it for now, but I'll try to update in about a week.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Day 124--

Skin-4 actives, couple of clogged pores.

Side Effects-Flushing, dry, flaky, and red skin and LIPS. Mild eczema on my arms.

Ha, well if anyone is still reading this, I went to my derm. for my 5-month appt. He said i'll most likely be on accutane until February. By then it'll be almost 7 months on the drug! WOW :shock: But right now, i'm really concerned about my lips. They are so dry that not even aquaphor can heal. They sometimes bleed, which is so embarassing in public. Well, that's it for now, but I'll try to update in about a week.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am!!

Sounds like you're getting there, and only a couple more months to go! I am going to be on until the end of March and I started the same time as you. :ohno:

But on the bright side I've only had two little tiny tiny spots come up in the last 4 weeks, so I am really happy that things are turning around after starting off craptacularly for the first three months.

I'm still at 40mg/day and my lips are dry but manageable with Carmex and vaseline - how were yours when you were at 40? Have they gotten much worse since your dose was upped or have they been bad the whole way through?

Have a good weekend, hope your Thanksgiving was nice - I've enjoyed it from Sydney because everyone at head office is on holiday and not emailing me!

-kisspin

I am!!

Sounds like you're getting there, and only a couple more months to go! I am going to be on until the end of March and I started the same time as you. :ohno:

But on the bright side I've only had two little tiny tiny spots come up in the last 4 weeks, so I am really happy that things are turning around after starting off craptacularly for the first three months.

I'm still at 40mg/day and my lips are dry but manageable with Carmex and vaseline - how were yours when you were at 40? Have they gotten much worse since your dose was upped or have they been bad the whole way through?

Have a good weekend, hope your Thanksgiving was nice - I've enjoyed it from Sydney because everyone at head office is on holiday and not emailing me!

-kisspin

I'm guessing you are on longer than I am because your staying at 40 mg? Well, about my lips, they got really dry when I first started taking the 40 mg's, but then when my body adjusted they were fine, with two or three applications of aquaphor a day. When I recently moved up to 60 mg I did notice that my lips are increasingly worse. I mean I guess it's because of the dose change and the fact the weather is changing around here and it is getting drier. Now do you live in Australia? Ha, do they celebrate thanksgiving there?

Day 134--

Skin-3 activessss. No more clogged pores, ohhhhhhh yeahhhh.

Side Effects-Flushing, redness, flaking, dry lips, eczema on my arms.

Well, besides missing 5 days because of stupidstupidstupid ipledge, everything seems to be moving along! :)

Day 143??--

Skin-Couple of actives

Side Effects, dry dry dry lips, random dry patches on my skin, redness, flushing, flaking, and eczema on my arms and handsssssssssss.

cold weather is sooooo bad while your on accutaneeeeeeee

only 2 more monthssssss

Day 143??--

Skin-Couple of actives

Side Effects, dry dry dry lips, random dry patches on my skin, redness, flushing, flaking, and eczema on my arms and handsssssssssss.

cold weather is sooooo bad while your on accutaneeeeeeee

only 2 more monthssssss

Well, it's been awhile since i updated this, but im finally clear, and finally done with accutane. If I was to look back on my experience, It was worth it. Although i can't wait for the eczema and the dry lips and skin to go away, haha. I have my self-confidence back, i got a very handsome new boyfriend, go out way more often and I am just enjoying life more. Accutane is risky, but I went for it, and I have no regrets.

Well, it's been awhile since i updated this, but im finally clear, and finally done with accutane. If I was to look back on my experience, It was worth it. Although i can't wait for the eczema and the dry lips and skin to go away, haha. I have my self-confidence back, i got a very handsome new boyfriend, go out way more often and I am just enjoying life more. Accutane is risky, but I went for it, and I have no regrets.

Well folks, this is sad to say, but I'm going back onto accutane. My first course was the best year of my life so far. I had never had so much confidence and had never felt so happy with myself. But now i'm back to square one and i'll be starting 60 mg in the beginning of June..

Well folks, this is sad to say, but I'm going back onto accutane. My first course was the best year of my life so far. I had never had so much confidence and had never felt so happy with myself. But now i'm back to square one and i'll be starting 60 mg in the beginning of June..

Day 8--

Skin-No initial breakout! Actives on my cheeks and chin. My forehead seems to be almost cleared up.

Side effects-The dreaded chapped lips, dry arms.

So this is my second course, as of now i'm not experiencing anything different from before. Hope it keeps continuing in the right direction!

Day "A Long Time In"--

Skin-Looking Great. No Breakouts in 5 months.

Side Effects-Eczema on my arms :( and dry skin generally..

Sorry for not updating this but the acne is completely gone! This is almost my year and half mark on the medication!