Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
livelaughlove

livelaughlove's Accutane log...Off to ROUND TWO.

Day 11--

Skin-New breakouts underneath right eye :eh: , but old existing pimples looking less inflamed still.

Side Effects-Dry Mouth, Cracked corner of lip

Well everything is ok at this point, still somewhat progressing, I hope this new breakout clears faster than in the past, since that's what most people say happens once your on accutane. I've also noticed my skin is softer, hmm, but I like it, so i'll take softer skin any day!

Oh, I think I broke out because I am really stressed/missing someone. I'm really close with my neighbors since I've known them since I was 7, so basically my whole life, and they've seen me grow up, and it always seems like we go on vacations at the same time. Except this year they went away for a week and a half to Jamaica, and it's only been 3 days but I am already missing them! I am very upset that they're gone and I want them to come home soon. You know that saying you'll never know how much you'll miss someone until they are really gone? I think this applies....haha, so anyways, I think that's why I broke out.

Day 12--

Skin-A little more inflamed, but better than when I started.

Side Effects-Overall Dryness, cracked lip corner, but no chapped lips...weird.

Well, i'm trying not to stress out about missing the two people in my life that aren't my family but I consider my family being away for a while. They come home friday!!! Ahh and yeah i've just been trying to work out a lot, clean, and be with friends as much as possible to try to curve me from missing them. I bought a new patio set today--it's very exquisite, as it should be as I paid enough for it. Good thing I have really good insurance for my accutane :) ! Well, I should get back to my studies, graduating in only 3 years! haha

Great to see that you are doing well. So am I. You have about the same kind of acne as I am. Hopefully everything will work out for you.

Good luck!

Day 13--

Skin-Looking better! Overall, better.

Side Effects-Mild dryness, and having to go pee a lot. I don't know if that's from the accutane, though.

Thanks for stopping by madelinetjai, I hope your treatment goes well!

Day 13--(continued)

As you remember in some of my last posts I mentioned about how two people very close to me have been on vacation for a while and I got stressed out and broke out. Well, it turns out I won't be seeing them for another two weeks. I found out today I'm being shipped off on a out-of-the-blue trip for a week! I'm leaving the day they come back so by the time i get back I'd have not seen them for 2.5 WEEKS! Honestly, i need to cope with missing them, I think i'm going to go crazy! I think now that they are back from Jamaica I can call them now...I hope it's not a big fee.

All I ask is that my face doesn't explode while I am on my trip. Meeting new people, meeting up with old friends, I just don't want them to see my face in a state of breaking out breaking out.

Does ANYONE have any tips to cope with stressing out about missing someone, so I can prevent me breaking out??!!!?? :cry::cry::cry::cry::confused:

just try to stay positive.. try to keep yourself as busy as possible to keep your mind off of missing them.. good luck

Day 14--

Skin-New actives, still small and not as inflamed. Old actives slowly healing.

Side Effects-Having to go to the bathroom a lot! I don't know..maybe I have a urinary tract infection? Hope not :silenced: I have to go away on Saturday! I can't have access to bathrooms every hour.

Thanks rsa1 for the positive words! I'll try thinking positive...I think I am doing better today!

Day 15--

Skin-Some new whiteheads, older breakouts still healing. Overall appearance I've been told is better =]

Side Effects-Dryness around bottom of nose and lips. Cracked lip is a bitch--won't go away--looks like I have a cold sore--hurts =[

Well I just realized it has been 2 weeks and 1 day since I started. Boy am I glad I did!

Countdown-1 week and 4 days until I get to see the two people I love/miss the most!

Day 16--

Skin-A couple more actives... :wall: , but old actives are healing, forehead I've noticed is clearing up...just big pores and blackheads

Side Effects-Extremely dry lips, CRACKED LIP! looks like a cold sore+hurts, dry nose.

I'm going away to the beach on Saturday and will be in the sun a lot for a week. I hope I don't get burned--I'll try to use enough sunblock as possible, but theres no way I can stay OUT of the sun, I have to be outside most of the timeee. :shifty:

Day 17--

Skin-New breakouts in new places, must be the initial breakout. ohhh well.

Side Effects-Dry Lips, so my lips look like im wearing lipstick. Oh yeah and a cracked lip corner. IT SUCKS!

Well a stomach virus is being passed around my apartment right before I'm leaving for the shore. Greattttttt, really hope i dont get sick.

Day 18--

Skin-New little sucker on my cheek. Otherwise got comments today about how good my face looked!

Side Effects-Dry Lips, cracked lip corner that WONT heal.

Well, besides the fact my roommate has the stomach flu everything about yesterday was amazing. I got to say goodbye to ALL my friends before they leave (boy will I miss them), and my neighbors came home at 11 last night and i waited for em' and gave em a big old hug which made me feel so much better about everything. Ok, well I'm off for the week. I hope to come back with a nice update.

Day 27--

Skin-Still improving, but still getting new actives. Seem to be healing faster, though. About 10 actives, not badddd =D

Side Effects- DRY DRY DRY lips, cracked lip corner. But hey, I can live with that, its not that bad. The cracked lip looks like a cold sore, my friends love pestering me about that.

Well my vacation wasn't anything special. Got pretty tan, so I guess thats good. Had to apply SPF 50 like every hour. Got kinda annoying, but hey, I didn't burn, and I got pretty tan so I guess all the trouble was worth it. I can't believe i'm on day 27 already. I haven't gotten the initial breakout, and I don't think I will (knock on wood). I've been getting compliments from everyone I see about how good my skin looks. I really think my skin will keep improving. I'm starting to like accutane... ;)

Day 28--

Skin-Less actives, but the 5 actives are very noticable. It's ok, they heal faster now that i'm on accutane.

Side Effects- Dry Lips, cracked lip corner, blah blah blah. Same thing every day.

Didn't get any sleep last night, too much noise in my house. Kinda feeling like warm today, hope im not sick =/

Day 29--

Skin-Currently 5 actives. They are bigger than normal but stand out because the rest of my face is clear. Ha, I haven't had just 5 actives since I was 11. This is really nice.

Side Effects-Dry Lips, cracked lip corners.

Does anyone have any tips on how to heal cracked lip corners? Because I've tried Aquaphor and it doesn't work. Thanksss

Day 30--

Skin-Still have the 5 noticeable actives, kinda sucks. That's allright though, ill be clear soon!

Side Effects-Cracked lip is healing, finally. Still dry around the mouth/nose.

Still for the future...anyone got any good lip moisturizers/healers besides Aquaphor?

Day 31--

Skin-Only 4 actives, the same actives that have been bothering me for the past few days. Hope they heal soon. They are my only actives.

Side Effects-Dry lips, that's it.

Everything is still going good. I mean it's not perfect but I am much farther than I'd thought I'd be by now. I've never seen my forehead clear like this. Even when my acne got better at times it still was covered with little bumps. So much so, that I never even knew it, but I have freckles on my whole face. With acne, I couldn't see them. All my friends give me compliments on my skin, which baffles me now, I used to be the ones giving them compliments. So yeah, I guess all is going well.

Amount Taken: 1,200 mg

Day 32--

Skin-Same old, same old. 4 actives, won't go away. blah blah blah.

Side effects-Dry lips, RED EYES!!!??!!

Can you get red eyes on accutane, or do I have pink eye??!!??

Someone please respond, otherwise i'll have to call my doctor...

Day 32--

Skin-Old actives are healing, 3 small, but new actives. Everything is still really progressing, though.

Side Effects-Dry Lipssss

....one love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright

never can get sick of that good ol' bob marley

Day 33--

Skin- A couple new tiny breakouts, whatever. Old actives healing.

Side Effects-Random dry patches on my arms, dry lips.

I've sadly noticed my acne scars. I have 3 noticeable scars, but I couldn't see them while my forehead used to be completely covered with pustules. I'll deal with the scars after, I don't want to put anything on them that will clog my pores and mess everything up. I betcha those scars were from the occasional cyst I used to get, but it wasn't often.

Day 32--

Skin-Same old, same old. 4 actives, won't go away. blah blah blah.

Side effects-Dry lips, RED EYES!!!??!!

Can you get red eyes on accutane, or do I have pink eye??!!??

Someone please respond, otherwise i'll have to call my doctor...

Traxxex-Good to know, lol. It seems the "complete" list of side effects in the IPledge booklet failed to contain a common side effect. haha

Day 34--

Skin-Old actives healing, small breakout, but pustules are very small, smaller than they used to be when they first broke out.

Side Effects-Dry Lips, lower back pain.

All blood work came back great!

My cholesterol is 140!

Day 35--

Skin-My baby smooth skin on my forehead is breaking out, oh well. Otherwise old actives are still healing well.

Side Effects-Dry lips, lower back pain.

Well, i'm off to the west coast for a week. Should be fun, I hope to come back with a good update!